Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Sep 17, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Boyle73
Imagineer

Hi everyone 👋👋

This is our first year we are looking at going during the school hols as DD is now in year 1 at primary school. To say we are horrified at the prices is an understatement! Too many years of May deals 🤣🤣

We want to travel around the 26th July from Manchester husband wants direct whereas I just want to get there! So I'll be watching this thread like a hawk!

Lesley
X
Old 9 Sep 17, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
robrob71
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Boyle73 View Post
Hi everyone 👋👋

This is our first year we are looking at going during the school hols as DD is now in year 1 at primary school. To say we are horrified at the prices is an understatement! Too many years of May deals 🤣🤣

We want to travel around the 26th July from Manchester husband wants direct whereas I just want to get there! So I'll be watching this thread like a hawk!

Lesley
X
I think the key is to be absolutely ready to go when you see the price you want i.e. A range of dates you know you can get holidays for, the absolute commitment from everyone in the party that they're going (easier obviously if it's just a couple with young kids) and the money burning a hole in your pocket. If you have a set plan in your mind for a certain hotel or park itinerary, make sure they're available too.

When the right price appears - book it.

I looked at flights in late July this year for June next year (start of Scottish school holidays). I found flights for £368 per person. By the time we'd discussed it and decided we were definitely doing it (over about 3 days), the flights had gone to £527. I've been tracking them ever since and it's now £667.

Anyway, lesson learnt. We changed dates and itinerary a little bit and watched the flight prices. When we saw a price of £440, we just booked. It looks like you can lose prices in as little as a few hours.

I'm not saying panic buy, just to do your research for your dates so that you know a good price, and the minute a price appears that you're comfortable with, go for it.
robrob71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Annie17
Very Serious Dibber

BA glitch flights started about 6pm last by the looks of last years thread

Wdw 2013,2016,2018,2019

Engaged 04/09/18 in Magic Kingdom.
Annie17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Boyle73
Imagineer

Originally Posted by robrob71 View Post
I think the key is to be absolutely ready to go when you see the price you want i.e. A range of dates you know you can get holidays for, the absolute commitment from everyone in the party that they're going (easier obviously if it's just a couple with young kids) and the money burning a hole in your pocket. If you have a set plan in your mind for a certain hotel or park itinerary, make sure they're available too.

I looked at flights in late July this year for June next year (start of Scottish school holidays). I found flights for £368 per person. By the time we'd discussed it and decided we were definitely doing it (over about 3 days), the flights had gone to £527. I've been tracking them ever since and it's now £667.

Anyway, lesson learnt. We changed dates and itinerary a little bit and watched the flight prices. When we saw a price of £440, we just booked. It looks like you can lose prices in as little as a few hours.

I'm not saying panic buy, just to do your research for your dates so that you know a good price, and the minute a price appears that you're comfortable with, go for it.
Fab, thanks for the advice, our dates are almost available with virgin so got my fingers crossed for a good sale price soon!

Tracking BA at the moment via LGW but we've just moved to Cheshire from the NE so keen to finally take advantage of living close to MAN, especially for the flight home!

Lesley
X
Old 9 Sep 17, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
kennycapes
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Great feedback

How do you do it if you booked in April to get the hotel room you wanted and free DDP.

Kind of stock with those dates so I guess the deals aren't readily available for us and others alike.

Will keep fingers crossed and will keep looking everyday.
August 2020 CANCELLED AKL, Aug 2023 - First time on site, lets try this again
kennycapes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
mudmonster
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by kennycapes View Post
Great feedback

How do you do it if you booked in April to get the hotel room you wanted and free DDP.

Kind of stock with those dates so I guess the deals aren't readily available for us and others alike.

Will keep fingers crossed and will keep looking everyday.
Disney are pretty flexible when it comes to changing dates. Last year I found flights on different dates so I checked the accommodation was available online for my new dates, booked the flights then immediately phoned disney to change accommodation dates. If the accommodation price is the same or more expensive then there is no charge to change. If you change it to cheaper accommodation they charge £50. Even if you get charged the £50 it can still be worth it if you find a great flight deal.
mudmonster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kennycapes View Post
Because of school holidays we are looking at last two weeks of august.

Absolutely nothing coming up for then.

I think I'm getting ready to settle for anything in august.

Don't believe these deals every appear.

Great deals if perhaps go a few days or a week in school time but nothing for when school is completely out.

I will keep watching this forum and hoping for that lovely deal.
They certainly do. We can only go in school holidays and the last 2 years got flights for just over £300 each in the 6 weeks hols.

Just keep checking, daily, hourly...it will take over your life 😊 . Last year we booked in September but the year before we didn't book until just before Xmas.

We book our Disney hotel when free dining released and then change dates to match the flights.

Agree with previous poster be ready to book as soon as you see them, a few years ago we decided to have a think about it for a couple of hours by which time the prices had shot back up. Didn't make that mistake again.

Edited at 11:02 AM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Spot on advice, so many missed last years dela as they had to get home to speak to their other halves.

Departure airport
Arrival airport
Dates
Direct/ Indirect
Airline

the more flexible you can be the better the chance of finding something. But being prepared to take the deal when it appears is one of the major factors in achieving the lowest prices.

The beauty of the flydrive deal was that it was a deposit only, having £2-3000 ready to spend for flights maybe a little harder
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
skinetty
Very Serious Dibber

skinetty's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Aug 18

Hi everyone
Does anyone ever get decent deals when booking say after xmas for Aug dates or is it best to do it this early?
Old 9 Sep 17, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Depends how long you can hold your nerve. We book early as I can't cope with the stress of waiting. This year about 4 weeks before we flew on 16th people were getting some good deals and good deals on upgrades on existing bookings. Not sure if that has happened every year though.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread