Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Jan 18, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Who is still flight hunting Sept/Oct 2018?

Hi,

So, we had flights booked with Thomson (still do actually) but or dates have changed and we can't move them or the Thomson flights: confused2

After much deliberation, I've decided my main aim in Virgin direct 27th Sept for 21 nights. Would love PE but having lost 1k with Thom and a villa deposit (also fully booked, the lovely owner will give us deposit back if our dates get booked but no guarantee of this) it'd need to be a good price. May do econ out and PE back for luggage and space, seems a cheaper option too.

The second choice is United Edinburgh - Newark - Orlando. these are circa £400pp at the moment.

Anyone else playing the waiting game?
toots82 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

We booked with Norwegian today. Gatwick to MCO direct for £433 economy with booked seats, 1 hold bag and meals and drinks.
Old 2 Jan 18, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by philinmerthyr View Post
We booked with Norwegian today. Gatwick to MCO direct for £433 economy with booked seats, 1 hold bag and meals and drinks.
Brilliant deal, I've heard they're great! Ideally, I'd like direct from Glasgow but I just have no clue whats a good deal... it'll be Virgin, went TC last year and had nothing but problems.
toots82 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Us - 27th too! but we're also waiting for our SSR booking to be confirmed (it's really late!) Never been so disorganised before. Flight prices are awful too.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Us - 27th too! but we're also waiting for our SSR booking to be confirmed (it's really late!) Never been so disorganised before. Flight prices are awful too.
This year's just been a mare! We were OKW for a change then decided to change to SSR after we realised how much we loved SSR in October, struggled to get availability, eventually did but in a 1 bed when we had a 2 at OKW. Now I'm flight hunting and villa hunting.
Old 2 Jan 18, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
smnth134
Earning More Ears

Mobile

We need to fly on 27th Sept too as we have AKL booked for 2 weeks! We wanted to fly from Manchester as it was great in May but there aren’t any flights showing from Manchester on a Thursday in September - very odd but maybe something to do with the engine issues? The prices from Gatwick are so high... I fear we will be waiting another few months!
smnth134 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by smnth134 View Post
We need to fly on 27th Sept too as we have AKL booked for 2 weeks! We wanted to fly from Manchester as it was great in May but there aren’t any flights showing from Manchester on a Thursday in September - very odd but maybe something to do with the engine issues? The prices from Gatwick are so high... I fear we will be waiting another few months!
We want to go from Manchester too, London is at least a 6 hour drive for us. DH is quite a nervous flyer (he's ok once he's on) and only flies direct so we use VA - currently around £1280 pp for PE (and thats with using some airmiles!) Last year we paid under £750pp.
SORRY EDIT - ours is Oct 27th!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 11:03 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by smnth134 View Post
I'm thinking I've got a wait ahead too, not too sure how long I can hold my nerve!

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
We want to go from Manchester too, London is at least a 6 hour drive for us. DH is quite a nervous flyer (he's ok once he's on) and only flies direct so we use VA - currently around £1280 pp for PE (and thats with using some airmiles!) Last year we paid under £750pp.
SORRY EDIT - ours is Oct 27th!
We've never done indirect before so would rather stick with direct if possible! Can get the flights via skyscanner for around £620pp at the moment but I'm sure that won't be the right kind of code to upgrade in future so think maybe I should hold off for a good PE price!
Old 2 Jan 18, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

We cracked today and booked our flights. We paid more than I would have perhaps wanted to, but I’m happy it’s done.

Shocked at the increase in price to reserve seats with virgin 😮

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by philinmerthyr View Post
Us too, a fair few weeks ago now, just under £800 for the two of us, prebooked seats food and hold luggage. Sept 11 for 24 nights