Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jan 18, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
Those who had good experiences, do you mind sharing who you were insured with?

We see lots of posts asking about cheap insurance and who is best etc, the reality with insurers is no one knows how good they are until they have to claim.
This sounds a good idea.
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KeithOP View Post
can you say who it was? I don't know how else to choose other than on the basis of peoples' experiences
Of course, it was Aviva, can't remember who under-writes them. The man who was assigned to us was so nice. It made a horrible (I know not life threatening or anything) situation so much easier xx
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If you are diagnosed with another condition after you have taken out the insurance but before you travel, should this be declared? I have established I have inflamed neck muscles/cervical spine?
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Button17 View Post
Of course, it was Aviva, can't remember who under-writes them. The man who was assigned to us was so nice. It made a horrible (I know not life threatening or anything) situation so much easier xx
thanks that's great to know!

we've been using the barclays policy that comes with our bank account but I've always been wary of how well it would work in practice
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3

We see lots of posts asking about cheap insurance and who is best etc, the reality with insurers is no one knows how good they are until they have to claim.
Mine came free with my Union Membership back when I was working. It was White Horse albeit I don't know if they are still around.
To say they were brilliant is a massive understatement. However in America they used Axa as their representative who were ok, just.

When my Son came out of Hospital they pre approved an Amex Card with Disney to cover our meals. I even had a glass of wine one night, no charge!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 09:36 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

No problem,

Can’t recommend Lloyd’s bank premier account insurance highly enough, we had to claim as my partner suffered a miss carriage about 7 years ago in Trinidad.

We had no time to phone ahead she was rushed straight to hospital for an operation, I didn’t report it until we got home and sent all the bills (10k).

They paid out in 30 days with no questions, they fully understood that there was no time to ring.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Button17 View Post
That's who I've got insurance with for my trip in September. I have a condition, a common complication of which could land me in hospital any time, and one of the doctors at my surgery recommended them to me.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Quite worrying thread. I think a lot of people will now be checking their policies and wondering if cover is adequate. Me included! Truth is I’m not sure what the amounts should be that we are covered for.
We have annual travel insurance with our Barclays Bank account, anyone got good/bad experiences with them ? I’m hoping it’s enough.
Thanks

Edited at 10:11 PM.
tinytots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Originally Posted by legallyblonde View Post
If you are diagnosed with another condition after you have taken out the insurance but before you travel, should this be declared? I have established I have inflamed neck muscles/cervical spine?
Yes, you need to let them know.
Old 5 Jan 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
That's who I've got insurance with for my trip in September. I have a condition, a common complication of which could land me in hospital any time, and one of the doctors at my surgery recommended them to me.
Between the 4 of us we have several medical complications from asthma, nut allergy needing Epipens, history of Cancer, cardiogenic Syncope. Cover was still reasonable price.
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List