Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Jan 18, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by stink08 View Post
sorry it was more about not wanting cards to be used so they didnt end up passing card charges costs to customers a different way like a basic admin charge which would then effect all customers not just the ones who were paying by cards!
Thank you! I would have thought that more customers would want to pay by card and pay the charge than bank transfer but who knows! I have emailed my contact at Charter Travel and will post her answer.
Hannah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

I notice magic breaks are now charging an admin charge of £10 for each booking probably to cover the credit card charge.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
stink08
Very Serious Dibber

but now they aren't allowed by law to charge just on the basis of a card payment! i wasn't happy about it either but i kinda get where they are coming from also.
Old 19 Jan 18, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I am sure Charter Travel must have people on this site, and I hope they are reading this thread. This is the second thread recently about their company, the last one was about being charged an admin fee for trying to pay part of their holiday off. With the vast competition in the Florida holiday market I would seriously be looking at my business practice. I would NOT pay by bank transfer and would be very suspicious of a company that did not take credit card.
My neighbour is currently getting quotes for a 3 week holiday in August - I have given her Charter Travel as one to get a quote from, but think I will warn her to be careful of booking with them
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
I am sure Charter Travel must have people on this site, and I hope they are reading this thread. This is the second thread recently about their company, the last one was about being charged an admin fee for trying to pay part of their holiday off. With the vast competition in the Florida holiday market I would seriously be looking at my business practice. I would NOT pay by bank transfer and would be very suspicious of a company that did not take credit card.
My neighbour is currently getting quotes for a 3 week holiday in August - I have given her Charter Travel as one to get a quote from, but think I will warn her to be careful of booking with them
That is interesting, I wasn't charged an admin fee for trying to pay off part of my holiday (though it was by bank transfer not credit/debit card).
Hannah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

I am a huge charter travel advocate (I have previously had absolutely brilliant customer service from them and unbeatable prices!), however I do not agree with this if they have change their policy.
I would never pay off my holiday by bank transfer, I would much rather pay by card for the protection that gives you. Bank transfers are nowhere near as safe.
If this is the case, I won't be booking with them in the future.
As far as your holiday is concerned, I would have thought that because in the terms and conditions at the time you booked it says that you can pay by card, they will still have to honour it - it should only be for new bookings going forward
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
shazbazandtom
Excited about Disney

Update

Lady from charter called me back. She said that if they were to continue taking cards and not charging fees (as per new laws) then they would go bust!
She said that as long as they give an alternative method of payment they are entitled to remove the option to pay by card. She said that a lot of companies will be operating this way from now on - I said that I would not be booking with them again or any company that didn't offer a card payment option.
I asked why they hadn't contacted me and she said they were 'working through customers in date order'.
I'll pay by bank transfer on the day it's due and I won't use them again.
Bad customer service
shazbazandtom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
shazbazandtom
Excited about Disney

Update on the update

When I asked about the security a credit card gives you she said that as long as the deposit is paid by credit card then you're covered for up to £30k
Not sure how true this is
shazbazandtom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
That's not good at all. I certainly wouldn't use them.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

I suppose this was inevitable bringing in such a ridiculous law and expecting companies to just suck it up and lose money.

People want to pay by credit card when they book flights/holidays for the protection it gives and people should expect to pay for that privilege. It’s a shame the new law has taken that choice away.

Edited at 03:45 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread