Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Mar 18, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Actual Bodily Harm is defined as any injury which is calculated to interfere with the health or comfort of the victim. Minor cuts and bruises or a brief loss of consciousness would be considered as ABH but most often requires slightly more serious injuries such as broken teeth or extensive cuts and bruising.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 18, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Mjordan
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Daisy-Mai View Post
Thanks for replies. I think he'll need to go the visa route. I can see that getting declined as well and then we're really stuffed. In 2016 he was charged - though I don't think arrested - for failing to reveal identity of a driver. To cut a long tale short. He was accused of bumping a car in a pub car park. The car was an old battered car and driver had blocked him in. He went to get driver and unfortunately my DD thought she could move his van. But couldn't. He didn't even know she'd tried to move it. So when he got a call from police he thought he was being scammed and took a while to play ball. It did at the time (and still is in my opinion) all very fishy. I do believe the driver was trying to pull insurance claim. Anyway SIL kept denying it. Then found out through CCTV footage it was my DD. Rightly or wrongly he tried to protect her so said he didn't know her name he only went out with her once and couldn't remember etc etc. He kept it from her as she would have been devastated. Anyway he did tell her and she immediately went to the police. He got charged and fined. So I'm sure this will be the nail in the coffin for him going to Florida.
So to summarise for those I've totally confused.
Aged 17 arrested and fined for Abh and then another time stealing a car - which he actually didn't do but was still arrested and charged and then 11 years later failing to reveal the identity of a driver.
He's such a nice guy and they now have a gorgeous baby. He was so excited about going to Florida. He's 29 and never been on holiday. He didn't have an easy upbringing but has learnt a trade buying house and has a wonderful grounded partner - our DD ☺. I really hope they'll listen to him and realise he's of no risk to anyone.
Personally I would still say I had answered incorrectly, and ask them to reset it, as these little offenses are not that serious. Its not as if he have done actual time in prison for any of them.
Mjordan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mjordan View Post
Personally I would still say I had answered incorrectly, and ask them to reset it, as these little offenses are not that serious. Its not as if he have done actual time in prison for any of them.
But what happens if the ESTA is approved but then he is denied entry when he get's there if all this flags up or ESTA is denied a few days before travel as a red flag is brought up?
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 18, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
But what happens if the ESTA is approved but then he is denied entry when he get's there if all this flags up or ESTA is denied a few days before travel as a red flag is brought up?
I’m not sure that the American authorities in charge of estas have a link to the details of every person being arrested in the uk do they? 🤔
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 18, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Depends what the injuries where
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 18, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
I’m not sure that the American authorities in charge of estas have a link to the details of every person being arrested in the uk do they? 🤔
No idea, but it was either here or on one of the Facebook groups but a man had his ESTA approved, then a week before his holiday, it was then changed to declined, so they must check people travelling?

Edited at 10:22 AM.
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 18, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsB87
Imagineer

Mobile

But what if he doesn't? Still more chance of getting to Florida if the ESTA is changed and approved.
MrsB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 18, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If unsure go down the visa route, you should have time. Not exactly the same but my husbands visa renewal timeline was this;
Interview 8/11/17
Passport requested jan 18
Visa issued and pass back 28/1/18!
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 18, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

No idea, but it was either here or on one of the Facebook groups but a man had his ESTA approved, then a week before his holiday, it was then changed to declined, so they must check people travelling?
How much time must that take?
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 18, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
How much time must that take?
No idea, it is probably done via computer

{Link to non official ESTA site removed so people don't sign up using that link.}