Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Apr 18, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I have a dilemma as usually I have the Disney offer confirmed before I book flights with Tui. This year the Tui flights are due out tomorrow but Disney haven’t confirmed free DDP so I don’t know whether to book the flights anyway and hope for the best, or whether to hang fire on booking anything till I know for sure that free DDP is 100%
If I wait on the flights I’ll miss out on the best pricing though as I’ve never seen our flight price decrease from booking on release day...what to do, what to do...
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ElsasGloves View Post
I have a dilemma as usually I have the Disney offer confirmed before I book flights with Tui. This year the Tui flights are due out tomorrow but Disney haven’t confirmed free DDP so I don’t know whether to book the flights anyway and hope for the best, or whether to hang fire on booking anything till I know for sure that free DDP is 100%
If I wait on the flights I’ll miss out on the best pricing though as I’ve never seen our flight price decrease from booking on release day...what to do, what to do...
We booked a TUI flight last September and haven't seen the price change a penny since. Even though I know I should never look.

I have considered cancelling every time that appalling tv advert comes on with the warbling woman destroying a good song.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24

Edited at 12:11 PM.
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mysteryjimbo View Post
This speculation and "research" makes no difference to me as I'm booked in a villa for next year already. Although I wouldn't be shouting out this is confirmed based simply on a live chat conversation. Whilst it adds some validity its not confirmed until Disney releases it.

My general point of view is that free dining offer will stop or be significantly scaled back sometime between now and galaxies edge the question is when.
I think you are right that they will gradually reduce it. I don’t think it would create any difference to footfall to be honest. Numbers are increasing year on year and the UK make up a tiny percentage.
Old 4 Apr 18, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by PixieFairies View Post
Tomorrow’s my birthday what a great present if offer does release tomorrow loo
Ooh mine too! Although too near the big 4-0 for my liking 🙈
Happy birthday for tomorrow 🎂
My OH says if it’s released and I book it that’ll be my present as I’m using his card (we take it it turns paying) 🤣
justmagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

It's true when Disney say it ... until then it's speculation.
If the TC agents had been told anything definitive then they'd be saying the same time scale not one saying "this week" another saying "within the month".
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JK's Mummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by johnandmaz View Post
We booked a TUI flight last September and haven't seen the price change a penny since. Even though I know I should never look.

I have considered cancelling every time that appalling tv advert comes on with the warbling woman destroying a good song.
Omg I hate that advert- I want to punch her in the face! Pleased its not just me 😂😡
JK's Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JK's Mummy View Post
Omg I hate that advert- I want to punch her in the face! Pleased its not just me 😂😡
Bit harsh but I know what you mean

It was voted worst advert of the last 12 months. Just soooo smug. the ginger bearded bloke who's in most scenes. He's definitely been to drama school where they tell you to smile (grimace) constantly. I should start a separate thread on this just to vent.

I know life's too short... blah blah... but it's on every 3 seconds.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by justmagical View Post
Ooh mine too! Although too near the big 4-0 for my liking 🙈
Happy birthday for tomorrow 🎂
My OH says if it’s released and I book it that’ll be my present as I’m using his card (we take it it turns paying) 🤣
Awh happy birthday. Im 36 tomorrow so on on the side towards the 40's lol. I have a deposit down for this year, so hoping they transfer it over for us. But it will be a present too as im hoping to book a cruise also
PixieFairies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Nothing ever comes close to the infuriating "Plase Miss I want to run away" Thomas Cook ad. Every single darn customer thought they were witty and original coming into the shop saying it ! Arghhh !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
eddie021
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

i just checked with my aunt who works for tc and said they are expecting something on friday the 6th from disney she didnt say if it was being realsed or just a statment from them regarding it
eddie021 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List