Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Apr 18, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by derenstar View Post
Its not looking good is it, for free DDP this year?
Why not? Just because Disney may have told VH to stop pre-selling, doesn't mean free dining isn't happening. It just means they don't want VH selling the offer before they release it and sell it themselves.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

There just seems to me to be so much uncertainty around this year's release and its not clear who or what to believe with different TAs saying different things to people (e.g TUI saying definitely no etc.). Maybe this is how it is every year but it just feels like there are more negative than positive stories this year. Perhaps its my own anxieties but I have a really bad feeling it might not happen this year. Obliviously that's just my own feelings on the matter. A bit like the parking thing, I will be glad when Disney themselves confirm one way or another so that i can move on from worrying about it and curb the endless speculation. I don't even know why I'm worrying, its irrational as whatever happens we will still be going!
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Ming
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
Originally Posted by The Duchess View Post
I am on a Facebook Disney group and an independant ta posted to say she deals with Disney all the time and contacted them re the virgin presale. She was told they have no authorisation to do this and that they were already in contact with virgin regarding it. No idea how true these things are but just amazed at how confusing the whole DDP release seems to be and how many conflicting posts there are!
This is the post that I saw as well. Can't find it now but it was there at the end of last week.
Did she say something about Disney saying they would have a very strong offer?
Old 10 Apr 18, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Think i will wait a bit longer
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Why can’t everybody wait. I am struggling to see why there’s such a rush to book it?
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Why can’t everybody wait. I am struggling to see why there’s such a rush to book it?

Its like a pre-sale sale... Boxing day sale before Christmas...

Next thing you know there will be Halloween parties in August...
Old 10 Apr 18, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Ming View Post
This is the post that I saw as well. Can't find it now but it was there at the end of last week.
Did she say something about Disney saying they would have a very strong offer?
This was around last Thursday saying Disney were going to put a stop to VH ore booking. I booked several days after so I'm not sure how true that story was.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

The problem seems to be that because free dining was released early last year, everyone was expecting the same this year. When looking back, other than last year, free dining has always been released the last week of April.
There is just no sense in virgin taking so many pre bookings if they didn’t know free dining was on its way. I suspect everyone will be celebrating in a couple of weeks when Disney do release the deal. Is it to early start speculating if it will be available for 2020... 😉
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
To be fair it looks like you have booked well over a year in advance !
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Could well be that Virgin are thinking the same us that they expect to get it and they will take prebookings that way they are getting additional bookings that other travel agents who are not being so cavalier are not - just a thought.

I would like there to be free dining but if there is not I am not that bothered no free dining definitely not staying on site I don't want to go to Disney with no dining but when we were considering no Disney last time as they would not move us from CSR we decided we would not cancel as DD would see Disney stuff everywhere. Anyway Disney is only half of our holiday but a significant half.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List