Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Aug 18, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by reddwarfposse5 View Post
We weren't planning on doing Disney this year but thought we'd surprise the boys when we're there by taking them to AK, which is their favourite Disney park. Booked a throwaway night to get the 60 days fastpasses but couldn't get FOP for 30th September.

Gutted
When in the park on the day, refresh the app at 10:28am and keep refreshing for a few minutes, you will more than likely get FOP fastpasses like this as they keep adding new ones everyday at that time. I scored a few FPs like that last year.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
grommitt
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Sort of mentioned that on the Throwaway booking thread but generally got ignored as far as 60 day, the advantage is in being able to do 14 days at once. When my window opens I'm not expecting to get FOP at the beginning of my stay but I stand a better chance as all those 14 days begin to run out. In the throwaway case you are always 13 days behind & never catch up, yes still in front of 30 days for offsite but as a way to get those hard to get FP+ I'm not convinced.
Sd
I did a throwawy booking for this Sept and even with the rolling 60 day i never managed to get a single FP for FOP.
A bit peed off about but still i have managed to get everything else i wanted at 60 days out
grommitt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

We didnt get any won our 60 day mark (throwaway booking), but a week later they added loads for the mknth of august. We got some then. So dont give up yet...
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
feelingnuts
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
We didnt get any won our 60 day mark (throwaway booking), but a week later they added loads for the mknth of august. We got some then. So dont give up yet...
Same for us throwaway booking didn’t get fop but then loads of times became available so keep looking
feelingnuts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 01:40 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I went on it twice.
Good but massively overhyped was my verdict. Wife and kids didn't bother second time so I went on it myself. They couldn't be bothered for a second time waiting through the multiple holding rooms even though we had Fastpass.
It's good, but not nearly as good as made out.
It's simply a slightly more advanced 3d Soarin, sat on a bike type contraption rather than a seat.
Can take an age to get going as well. This is because of the very large amount of people riding it at one time- look back when you are on it, there's probably about 100 people on at once. They all have to get locked into the ride vehicles before it can start.
As I say, good, but overhyped in my view and not nearly as good as the Harry Potter under the castle or the Spiderman in Universal.
The Avatar World is very good, they even pump smells in, and the river ride was actually better than expected.
Test Track is still our favourite WDW ride, followed probably by Splash Mountain and Rock and Roll.
Slinky was also very average, not worth more than 30 mins wait.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 01:59 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I went on it twice.
Good but massively overhyped was my verdict. Wife and kids didn't bother second time so I went on it myself. They couldn't be bothered for a second time waiting through the multiple holding rooms even though we had Fastpass.
It's good, but not nearly as good as made out.
It's simply a slightly more advanced 3d Soarin, sat on a bike type contraption rather than a seat.
Can take an age to get going as well. This is because of the very large amount of people riding it at one time- look back when you are on it, there's probably about 100 people on at once. They all have to get locked into the ride vehicles before it can start.
As I say, good, but overhyped in my view and not nearly as good as the Harry Potter under the castle or the Spiderman in Universal.
The Avatar World is very good, they even pump smells in, and the river ride was actually better than expected.
Test Track is still our favourite WDW ride, followed probably by Splash Mountain and Rock and Roll.
Slinky was also very average, not worth more than 30 mins wait.
We all have different opinions but for me it's the best WDW attraction. Soarin' doesn't even come close! It's the only attraction that I'm happy to wait 1 hour for (at closing time). Did it 6 times last trip and I can't wait for Nov 2019 to do it again!

Edited at 02:00 AM.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 02:43 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
We all have different opinions but for me it's the best WDW attraction. Soarin' doesn't even come close! It's the only attraction that I'm happy to wait 1 hour for (at closing time). Did it 6 times last trip and I can't wait for Nov 2019 to do it again!
Glad you love it YLL. As you say, we all have different opinions. I found it very good, just not as good as I'd been led to believe nor as good as Harry Potter which really did blow me away with the tech. I'd told the kids and Mrs YT- this is the best ride ever made! Afterwards they all said, no it's not and I had to agree. Shame we didn't get the same astonishing tech Disney can do, as per Mystic Manor or Pirates Sunken Treasure in Shanghai, rather than another big screen moving simulator, but again, my view.

Edited at 02:48 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 04:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Steve Florida
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by reddwarfposse5 View Post
We weren't planning on doing Disney this year but thought we'd surprise the boys when we're there by taking them to AK, which is their favourite Disney park. Booked a throwaway night to get the 60 days fastpasses but couldn't get FOP for 30th September.

Gutted
We loved FOP so much that we went again this morning with no FP and had a great experience. We planned to queue for around 2 hours but it ended up nowhere near.

We arrived at AK around 0815 and was in the park for 0830. It looked like a scene out of the Walking Dead as herds of people all headed to FOP. The queue looked ridiculous but by 0858 we were at the front of line 3 waiting to go into the first briefing room. We were out by 0920 after another amazing ride! I suspect they started the ride early as the park didn't officially open until 0900.
Steve Florida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Jokeybhoy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Does the 10:37( can't remember exact time) on the day thing not work any more.Defo worked in October last year when I was there
Jokeybhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
bearandbuzz
Apprentice Imagineer

bearandbuzz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
I had exactly this at 60 days, booking for 8 people was never going to be easy!
However, I checked every day and stalked these threds until at about 35 days a whole load of extra fastpasses were added for August and I managed to pick up 8 in the evening.

Our magic moment as Grand Marshall's in 2013
WL August 2014 The solo(ish) trip - August 2014
BC August 2016 If it ain't broke, don't fix it - August 2016
Villa 2018 - A change of scene - August 2018
bearandbuzz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List