Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Aug 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyBobby View Post
Even if you've paid?
As above, you've paid & requested seats but they're not guaranteed, I'm afraid.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I will still be ringing & complaining as I think it's wrong that they can cancel a flight & not tell you about a new reference number.
I would be asking them why the flight has been cancelled and rebooked. My guess is that the flight price dropped and unlike us DIY travellers who cannot amend their flights most TA's can cancel and rebook without penalty as they will not have paid the airline yet. Although I doubt they will admit to this.

Even if you've paid?
Yes I'm afraid so. Your seat is never guaranteed on an aircraft until you are sitting in it whether you have paid or not.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22

Edited at 09:54 PM.
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cabbie View Post
I would be asking them why the flight has been cancelled and rebooked. My guess is that the flight price dropped and unlike us DIY travellers who cannot amend their flights most TA's can cancel and rebook without penalty as they will not have paid the airline yet. Although I doubt they will admit to this.

Yes I'm afraid so. Your seat is never guaranteed on an aircraft until you are sitting in it whether you have paid or not.

-Steve
That is what I said to VA 're cancelling the flights & re booking so that they make even more money from us! I won't be doing it again, it's not fair, how should they be able to get away with that!

I've learnt a fair few lessons booking Florida for the 1st time on my own & will be using my experience for next time round.
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cabbie View Post
Even when seated on the plane your seat is not quaranteed, as poor Dr Dao found to his cost.

OP has been given good advice but I know what my view is of Florida Masters, based on what OP has said
amf is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by amf View Post
Even when seated on the plane your seat is not quaranteed, as poor Dr Dao found to his cost.

OP has been given good advice but I know what my view is of Florida Masters, based on what OP has said
I won't be using them again!
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

This is history repeating itself with them for me... i cancelled after that being the final straw. Not a big deal to some but i would never ever use them even if they offered a bargain
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Although its Florida Masters who have made this change, keep in mind you're not guaranteed certain seats on the plane even if prebooked.
As an example of this, last year we were flying to Faro with Jet2 and found out that due to our granddaughters disability she could only fly in a special seat which itself could only be used in the back row of the plane. When I enquired whether that back row was available they simply said, ‘We will make it available’. Good for us but not so for anyone who had especially pre-booked the back row as they made 3 seats available to our party.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

I think the point that op is annoyed at is Florida masters cancelled and then rebooked the flights for no apparent reason or even advised the op, which caused them to loose the prebooked seats, If virgin decided to move them out of the prebooked seats due operational reasons then fair enough, but why has Florida masters cancelled the original booking, prob as mentioned it’s cheaper now for them
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Agreed and I was just making a general point.

I think the OP has every right to be very annoyed at what has happened. Not sure what can be done as TA might well just say that they’re getting there and that’s the end of their responsibility and they can’t/won’t do anything further. Their small print probably allows them to amend/re-book with airlines too as long as there are no major changes to the originally booked holiday. If they do take that stance I’m not sure what the OP can do as the financial value of a seat upstairs or downstairs is the same, give or take £10 of reservation fee and hurt feelings won’t come into that value.

If it was me and the TA didn’t come up with anything I’d never use them again, slag them off on a forum of potential customers and convince myself that it’s a very minor part of the holiday and move on so as not to put a dampener on an important anniversary treat.

Edited at 12:26 AM.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
iloveholidays1
Apprentice Imagineer

It was alright years ago for tour operators to do this sort of thing - before the whole let's book our seats thing. But it's now unacceptable, as people are paying out for premium seats etc. and they should stop doing it.

It's like Virgin Holidays not booking peoples Disney hotels. The customer would be none the wiser a few years back, but now with the disney app etc, and linking your reservation customers know straight away when it's been messed. These tour operators need to come into the modern whole and leave the past behind.
ASSports Oct/Nov 2014 ASSports August 2016 POFQ Aug/Sept 2019
Cabana Bay/Carribbean Beach Jan/Feb 23
iloveholidays1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List