Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Aug 18, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ingvar
Getting Excited

Mobile

We stood for an hour before on the white line just down from the walkway to tomorrowland. Within a min of the fireworks starting, we were suddenly in row 6 as so many people just stopped walking and stood right in front of not just us but the whole row of people who'd been waiting. We hardly saw a thing. The CM's were not interested, they were too busy playing sword fights with glowsticks sticks.
Old 9 Aug 18, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ingvar View Post
We stood for an hour before on the white line just down from the walkway to tomorrowland. Within a min of the fireworks starting, we were suddenly in row 6 as so many people just stopped walking and stood right in front of not just us but the whole row of people who'd been waiting. We hardly saw a thing. The CM's were not interested, they were too busy playing sword fights with glowsticks sticks.
Key is to get there 45 mins early and get behind the small garden in the middle.
Old 9 Aug 18, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Key is to get there 45 mins early and get behind the small garden in the middle.
Thanks for those photos. My daughter is visually impaired and been wondering where to get the best view for her with out getting people jumping in front of us late on after standing there for ages!

Were you able to get right up to the fence of the small garden? Who would have been in the garden itself? Was it the dessert parties?
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Thanks for those photos. My daughter is visually impaired and been wondering where to get the best view for her with out getting people jumping in front of us late on after standing there for ages!

Were you able to get right up to the fence of the small garden? Who would have been in the garden itself? Was it the dessert parties?
No one in there, too small. If I got there perhaps 10 minutes earlier I could have been at the fence. Maybe with your daughter's visual impairment I'm sure someone would let her move to the front.
The point about that spot is it's one of the only areas where there's guaranteed to be no one for maybe about 10 feet Infront of you and it's slap bang in the middle. When are you going as it would probably be harder to get at a very busy time? Yes you can stand right at that low fence.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

I saw on a vlog that he recommends getting to side parallel to the partner statue at about 20mins beforehand. When they ask everyone to stand up and move forward you slide in and move back. I'm not sure about this as surely it is still pushing but I assume there is a gap somewhere between the people at the front and the hoards behind. Was going to watch and see what happens before trying it as I can't stand people who push in but if it is legit and not ruining it for people behind then I will give it a go.
RobandLynsey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by RobandLynsey View Post
I saw on a vlog that he recommends getting to side parallel to the partner statue at about 20mins beforehand. When they ask everyone to stand up and move forward you slide in and move back. I'm not sure about this as surely it is still pushing but I assume there is a gap somewhere between the people at the front and the hoards behind. Was going to watch and see what happens before trying it as I can't stand people who push in but if it is legit and not ruining it for people behind then I will give it a go.
I had no issues with people pushing in. They asked us to move to our left, and we just instead ignored them and stepped further forward. I was surprised how little effort was required to get a prime spot, bit parks were perhaps 6/10 busy.
Old 9 Aug 18, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Canoeing fairy
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

We like the view from the top at the train station at the end of Main Street. It is elevated and if you get there early enough to get a space at the front there is a clear view with no chance of anyone getting in front of you.
Canoeing fairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Canoeing fairy View Post
We like the view from the top at the train station at the end of Main Street. It is elevated and if you get there early enough to get a space at the front there is a clear view with no chance of anyone getting in front of you.
We might try this, easiest and quicker to also leave the park.
How early did you get there ? Thanks
Old 10 Aug 18, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Canoeing fairy
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bee happy View Post
We might try this, easiest and quicker to also leave the park.
How early did you get there ? Thanks
I think we got there about 8.15 with HEA due to start at 9.15. We just grabbed some snacks & drinks and were grateful for the sit down.
Canoeing fairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
No one in there, too small. If I got there perhaps 10 minutes earlier I could have been at the fence. Maybe with your daughter's visual impairment I'm sure someone would let her move to the front.
The point about that spot is it's one of the only areas where there's guaranteed to be no one for maybe about 10 feet Infront of you and it's slap bang in the middle. When are you going as it would probably be harder to get at a very busy time? Yes you can stand right at that low fence.
We are going mid May so shouldn't be too bad. Will aim for an hour before.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List