Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 23 Jul 18, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunshinekid
slightly serious Dibber

Just back from 2 weeks at Universal
These threads were important to me before I went and I lost 24pounds after reading reports that their seats were smaller than Disney. I fit on everything at Disney last summer.

So I’m sharing my stats just as others kindly have.

I’m 5’4 size 22, 40F and 234pounds. Carry on my boobs and tummy...

I fit on Gringotts, Forbidden Journey, The Mummy and everything else.
I tried the test seat at Gringotts and got the green light 👍
Didn’t ride Hulk or RipRideRocket as my daughter was too scared. I’ve done those before she was born when I was size 18.

Have a great time.
Sunshinekid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

Been to Universal today and am 20 top, 22 shorts /trousers with most weight on my thighs and bottom. Got onto Gringotts with a good shove but couldn’t get The Mummy anywhere near because of my thighs. Seems like it’s not a good one for pear shapes.

Has anyone tried Transformers, Minions or the IoA rides like Jurassic Park River Adventure, Dudley Do-right, Spider-Man etc? Asking for DH who was fine on The Simpson’s / MiB but is a bit anxious about trying the others. Around about a 4xl with weight round the middle.

Edited at 12:42 AM.
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by holidaysaver75 View Post
Been to Universal today and am 20 top, 22 shorts /trousers with most weight on my thighs and bottom. Got onto Gringotts with a good shove but couldn’t get The Mummy anywhere near because of my thighs. Seems like it’s not a good one for pear shapes.

Has anyone tried Transformers, Minions or the IoA rides like Jurassic Park River Adventure, Dudley Do-right, Spider-Man etc? Asking for DH who was fine on The Simpson’s / MiB but is a bit anxious about trying the others. Around about a 4xl with weight round the middle.
Your husband should be fine on all those
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Crazydragon
VIP Dibber

Ok here goes - my report

First of all I am quite a large guy (6" tall and 21 stone) and due to my rugby playing days have legs like tree trunks. Most of my weight is around the middle which is why I have a 52" waist and and a 50" chest.

I have recently returned from 2 weeks in Florida and thought I would write this to help everyone who has a concern.

Disney

Everything in Disney I got on, the one that was close is FOP but this is due to my calves and nothing else. The CM by the tester seat said it was close and gave me a tip to point my toes down to help with the leg restraints and it worked.

Disney - 10/10

Universal

Now here is the not so fun part, Universal is not quite so friendly for larger guests. Here is a list of no go rides:
Rip Ride Rocket - tried the tester seat and almost fit about an inch away
Escape from Gringotts - again close but no go
Forbidden Journey - no where near close to fit
The Hulk - this one was really annoying, tried the tester seat and just fitted but once on the ride one of the clasps would not go in so had to do the walk of shame

Everything else (including the mummy) was ok. Ripsaw falls was close but again ok.

Universal - 8/10

I know it looks odd that I gave a high mark to Universal but it is not their fault I could not fit and to be fair they do have modified seats to help and are very discreet in guiding you to these.

Feel free to ask any questions - either here on PM, I am not shy and will try to answer as best as I can.

Anyway we are going back again and I am determined to get on these rides so let the dieting begin

Holiday Inn, International Drive - 2001 (Honeymoon)
Rosen Inn International, International Drive - 2015
Dibb florida villa - 2018
Dibb Florida villa (the same one) - 2021 - Cancelled
Dibb Florida Villa (different one) - 2022
Crazydragon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Crazydragon
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by holidaysaver75 View Post

Hi - I have just come back and written a report (see above post), he will be fine on those. Dudley Do right was a just fit for me, a tip would be to keep legs as straight as possible when entering so he can just slide into the seat.

Edited at 10:00 AM.
Crazydragon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by Crazydragon View Post
Ok here goes - my report

First of all I am quite a large guy (6" tall and 21 stone) and due to my rugby playing days have legs like tree trunks. Most of my weight is around the middle which is why I have a 52" waist and and a 50" chest.

I have recently returned from 2 weeks in Florida and thought I would write this to help everyone who has a concern.

Disney

Everything in Disney I got on, the one that was close is FOP but this is due to my calves and nothing else. The CM by the tester seat said it was close and gave me a tip to point my toes down to help with the leg restraints and it worked.

Disney - 10/10

Universal

Now here is the not so fun part, Universal is not quite so friendly for larger guests. Here is a list of no go rides:
Rip Ride Rocket - tried the tester seat and almost fit about an inch away
Escape from Gringotts - again close but no go
Forbidden Journey - no where near close to fit
The Hulk - this one was really annoying, tried the tester seat and just fitted but once on the ride one of the clasps would not go in so had to do the walk of shame

Everything else (including the mummy) was ok. Ripsaw falls was close but again ok.

Universal - 8/10

I know it looks odd that I gave a high mark to Universal but it is not their fault I could not fit and to be fair they do have modified seats to help and are very discreet in guiding you to these.

Feel free to ask any questions - either here on PM, I am not shy and will try to answer as best as I can.

Anyway we are going back again and I am determined to get on these rides so let the dieting begin
I’m going to try the pointing toes my calf’s are rock solid due to ice hockey!
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I’m extremely conscious of people watching when I try ride seats
So I miss a lot
I’m a 22/24 waist
Carrying weight on thighs boobs and stomach
Boobs seem to be the issue they don’t let head restraints go down
Any advice
Even when I lose weight boobs stay
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mushumadness View Post
So I miss a lot
I’m a 22/24 waist
Any advice
I'd say you'll be fine at Disney. If you're on facebook check out Pammie Plus Parks she's really helpful for plus size visitors. Wish I'd found her page before my last trip would have made it much less stressful!
Old 15 Sep 18, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

So I miss a lot
I’m a 22/24 waist
Any advice
I agree I think you’ll be fine with everything in the Disney parks.

One tip is if there’s a seatbelt to pull it out fully then sit down and lean over a bit so you can get to it.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Crazydragon
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m going to try the pointing toes my calf’s are rock solid due to ice hockey!
I was grateful it worked as what an amazing ride