Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 30 Nov 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Pre trip report - Trying To Eat Orlando in 7 Days - Live

Hi Everyone

Well its 8 nights until DH and I head to our favourite place - Orlando.

We originally weren't supposed to be visiting this year as we've already done a trip to NYC in April and have a 3 week Orlando trip booked for next year but we were missing the place so much, and this year has been quite challenging at times so we buckled and booked a week long trip in December.

We've planned two days at Disney and the rest at Universal and the wider Orlando area so some meals are Disney, Some City walk and others on I drive and places like that.

Although we're visiting for only 7 nights here are the places we plan on eating at:

Masons Restaurant at the Hilton Hotel Manchester Airport
V- Room - Manchester Airport
Plane Food
NBC Grill - City Walk Universal
Voodoo Doughnuts - City Walk Universal
Starbucks - City Walk Universal
Three Broomsticks - Islands of Adventure
Cowfish - City Walk Universal
Coldstone Creamery - City Walk Universal
Florian Fortiscues - Universal Studios
NBC Today Cafe - Universal Studios
The Leaky Cauldron - Universal Studios
Bigfire Grill - City Walk Universal
Pop Century Food Court - Pop Century Disney Resort
Docking Bay 7 - Galaxy's Edge at Hollywood Studios
Woodys Lunchbox - Hollywood Studios
Oga's Cantina - Galaxy's Edge at Hollywood Studios
Satuli Canteen - Animal Kingdom
Chef Art Smiths Homecomin - Disney Springs
Amorettes Patisserie - Disney Springs
Polite Pig - Disney Springs
Sprinkles - Disney Springs
Casey's Corner - Magic Kingdom
Numerous Christmas Treats - Mickeys Very Merry xmas party
Volcano Bay - not sure where to eat yet
Shake Shack - I drive 360
Cheesecake Factory - Mall at Millenia
Rooftop Bar - at Aventura Hotel
Keke's - Dr Phillips
Splitsville - Disney Springs
Chef Art Smiths Homecomin - Disney Springs

It's a lot of food to squeeze in but we've been dieting for a bit now and cannot wait to have some naughty food. We also plan on visiting Publix and Target too so no doubt there will be some snacks in there as well.
We also love Art smiths homecoming so have booked it twice - we've been craving his Mac n cheese, Mash potato and chicken for ages and hope its still the same.
We're really looking forward to Oga's Cantina and the rest of Galaxys edge being huge Starwars fans so I think maybe some blue milk will be purchased and one of them funky coke bottles.

All in all we cannot wait to go on this much needed trip. I will be posting daily updates on this trip report which will start on the 8th December
Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MrMariaHerself
Gone all Goofy

Ahh the delights of ignoring any concerns about the effect on the waistline. Delightful

I will also post daily updates as well (as the other half) with another (probably less eloquent/useful) opinion.

Oh shake shack, come at me.
MrMariaHerself is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
There are lots of great choices there and I am looking forward to following along. We are off in 14 days to do Universal ( we got Annual Passes when we went this summer) so I understand your excitement 😆 The rainbow cheesecake at Pop is delicious, the cheeseburger pods at Satuli Canteen taste just like a McDondalds cheeseburger and keke’s is one of our breakfast favourites (the portion sizes are so big that they always defeat us &#128584. Not long now! 😁
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
There are lots of great choices there and I am looking forward to following along. We are off in 14 days to do Universal ( we got Annual Passes when we went this summer) so I understand your excitement 😆 The rainbow cheesecake at Pop is delicious, the cheeseburger pods at Satuli Canteen taste just like a McDondalds cheeseburger and keke’s is one of our breakfast favourites (the portion sizes are so big that they always defeat us &#128584. Not long now! 😁
Ah so we'll be out there at the same time for a couple of days. We love Keke's its a firm favourite but you're right about the portion sizes as they're huge. The cheeseburger pods were ok at Satuli but might try a bowl this time, I also want to try the blueberry cheesecake there. Haven't tried the tie die cheesecake at Pop but heard great things and really looking forward to trying it.
Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My DH and DS love Keke’s, they have had had the turtle toast and the pancakes, I have only tried the omelette’s ( I am not a breakfast or sweet person!) and they love it! However after 4 visits they have never finished their meals 😬 We prefer to eat offsite but enjoyed Woody’s Lunchbox, the toasted cheese sandwich and tomato soup were a total hit this summer. Shame there isn’t a lot of seating but I would completely suggest mobile ordering, it made such a difference to our wait times. I am hoping that the weather warms up, we were there for Christmas 2017 and it was quite cool for our last week, it almost felt like we were back in the UK! I would love to do a TR but I’m not sure we will have the time. Xx
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I hope you have a fab time, not long now! I'm looking forward to seeing all the food, you've got some of our favourites planned.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List