Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 May 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
So had everyone else in a similar situation as yours, but from now on you will just have to conform with the instructions when ESTA due for renewal.
Ta, weíre aware of that, hence my post saying that DH, ESTA of Jan Ď19, has middle name on both passport & ESTA!

Posted my experience that mine is pre Oct Ď18 with no middle name & Iíve used it 3 times.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
2 trips cancelled; hoping this happens!
Old 26 May 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Pretty sure that when the US changes anything regarding "enforcement" then we will hear about it pretty quickly - it will be all over the new let alone in this forum. As long as it doesn't happen within 72 hours of your departure then you should be OK.
Old 26 May 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
Pretty sure that when the US changes anything regarding "enforcement" then we will hear about it pretty quickly - it will be all over the new let alone in this forum. As long as it doesn't happen within 72 hours of your departure then you should be OK.
Aye, the 72 hour rule, that one caught a traveller at the airport. Cost £1800 for him/young daughter to take another airline to MCO, ouch!
Old 27 May 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Reneejbeatte
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Did Estas early this year, no middle names. Travelled to Sanford last month (4 of us) all with middle names on passport. No issues at all apart from the officer asking my 12 year old if heíd come to pick up chicks 😊

2020 All Stars 🌟 🎵 Avanti Resort 2019, DLP 2018, Port Orleans Riverside 2017, Art of Animation 2015, International Palms 2013, clarion LBV 2012, Regal Sun 2010, Newport Bay DLP 2009, All Star Movies 2008, Caribbean Beach 2006, Best Western Plaza 2005
Reneejbeatte is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Mickeys waiting
Old 27 May 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Have only just seen the news on this and now not sure what to do. I applied for mine and OHís in Dec last year and my 2 childrenís last month, none of which include our middle names. I didnít hover on the ? so didnít realise!
We fly in July so have time to reapply but then I donít want to tempt fate as we wouldnít have time to go down Visa route. We are flying via Dublin so will be doing immigration there, not that it should make any difference
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
The BIG Southern States Road Trip
Old 27 May 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Mobile

Strangely we have always used our middle names on our Estas so they match our passports.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Brightwatervilla our home from home
Old 27 May 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Strangely we have always used our middle names on our Estas so they match our passports.
Exactly what we have always done

Tinkerbell is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Back to U.K. Grandson starts school
Old 27 May 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Have only just seen the news on this and now not sure what to do. I applied for mine and OHís in Dec last year and my 2 childrenís last month, none of which include our middle names. I didnít hover on the ? so didnít realise!
We fly in July so have time to reapply but then I donít want to tempt fate as we wouldnít have time to go down Visa route. We are flying via Dublin so will be doing immigration there, not that it should make any difference
Hi SL - ultimately has to be your decision... bro is also travelling in July and decided to travel on ESTA's acquired early 2018, afore clarification of the ruling. Apparently DHS/CBP haven't begun travel doc enforcement and nobody knows if/when they will.

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Exactly what we have always done
Recently read (can't remember where) the requirement has always been to input names per one's pp, perhaps the DHS/CBP are simply clarifying their rule.
Old 27 May 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
We all have ESTAs from early last year. Thing is, if I didn't read this blog I wouldn't be aware of any changes so I would find it difficult to believe that CBP would get too upset if they were presented with an ESTA without a middle name IF IT WERE ISSUED PRIOR TO THE CHANGE (I'm not shouting, just emphasising).

What they would do with those issued after the change (whenever that was) I have no idea.
This is what I believe to be true, if it is already issued without middle name before changes came into effect then it is valid.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
hyte1
Excited about Disney

hyte1's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Have only just seen the news on this and now not sure what to do. I applied for mine and OHís in Dec last year and my 2 childrenís" last month, none of which include our middle names. I didnít hover on the ? so didnít realise!
After a long period without a holiday in Orlando we have booked up again. Decided to be organised and get ESTA's on Saturday which were authorised in less than an hour. And now I read this thread today :-( We all have middle names, and no I did not include them on the ESTA.

I've already decided to re-apply for the ESTA's with our middle names included but the feel the ESTA website is very unclear on this matter.

The "First (Given) Name" field implys just that in a singular fashion. It would be more helpful if it was labelled "First Names" to at least give us a chance to realise they are asking for more than our first name!

It's not surprising that people miss out the help popup as... well we all assume we know what our first name is! Oh well, I'll splash out another £50 to correct the problem

Anyhow, annoying and frustrating but as I've applied for them this weekend I feel we need to re-apply. If I'd applied for them before the change was made I'd probably feel different.
Finally, another trip booked!
Eat and Play Card