Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Aug 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Inside yes but I would never expect anybody to remove their ears to watch the fireworks.

* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11...GOT MARRIED ON THE BEACH * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February Ď18 * 3 wks POR September '19 a party of 4! * 3 wks CSR September '20 *
Miss_Tangled is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
3wk dining plan..1 stone heavier in
Old 22 Aug 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
stan_the_man
Epcot geek

Sadly as with most things nowadays, there are considerate people and ignorant people, it's just pot luck how it ends up I suppose. Of course they may not realise their ears are blocking people's view. I mean, I'm 6'1 and it doesn't cross my mind about people behind me when I sit and watch shows (and tbh there isn't much I could do about it anyway ) as it's not something I ever think of.

Allergy-Friendly Food Report 2015
stan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Iím sure she just hadnít realised, I donít wear them si not sure if itís etiquette or not, if I couldnít have moved Iíd have asked her nicely to remove them

Edited at 04:24 PM.
evergreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Silver Wedding Celebration, Canada
Old 22 Aug 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

I would say itís manners, just like not holding iPads up and having phone screens glaring in your face during shows and Tower of Terror.
SimonB is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
OKW DDP chompathon and RPR
Old 22 Aug 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
At shows yes but fireworks are in the air so that does t really bother me if Iím honest .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , 1 night poly
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Return to Sicily :)
Old 22 Aug 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Sprinkling Pixie Dust

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

Itís always worth asking if someone hasnít removed them - I always try to remember to take them off, but have been guilty of completely forgetting on occasion. Iím always very apologetic if someone has to ask me to take them off, but itís been a genuine oversight.
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Adventures on Ventura - fingers crossed!
Old 22 Aug 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

For fireworks etc it wouldnít occur to me - after all, they make Ďglow with the showí ears which are specifically designed to be worn during firework shows.

For indoor shows I probably would - and I have been asked to take them off on a ride.

But it honestly didnít occur to me at first. Always worth asking nicely.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Tokyo for silver wedding
Old 22 Aug 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Clairelovestate
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Tbh I canít remember if I took mine off or not. Iím not an inconsiderate person at all and I hate to be an inconvenience to people, but I feel if Iím busy with the kids I would just not think about it/forget Iím wearing them. I would not have a problem at all if someone behind ask me nicely to take them off.
Clairelovestate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Disneyland Paris!
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue BL
Imagineer

Sue BL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Iíd say yes. Iíve never worn ears, but I am just imagining that theyíve got bigger over the years?

Edited at 07:40 PM.
Sue BL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
Excited about Disney

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Do you know what... l hadnít even thought about that! Iíve always left my Ďearsí on in the past. Iíll certainly remove them from now on. I donít know why I hadnít ever considered that I could be obstructing someones view (Iím not the tallest of people!). Iíve learnt something today - thanks!