Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Aug 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Inside yes but I would never expect anybody to remove their ears to watch the fireworks.
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
stan_the_man
Imagineer

Sadly as with most things nowadays, there are considerate people and ignorant people, it's just pot luck how it ends up I suppose. Of course they may not realise their ears are blocking people's view. I mean, I'm 6'1 and it doesn't cross my mind about people behind me when I sit and watch shows (and tbh there isn't much I could do about it anyway ) as it's not something I ever think of.

Allergy-Friendly Food Report 2015
stan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

I’m sure she just hadn’t realised, I don’t wear them si not sure if it’s etiquette or not, if I couldn’t have moved I’d have asked her nicely to remove them

Edited at 04:24 PM.
evergreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

I would say it’s manners, just like not holding iPads up and having phone screens glaring in your face during shows and Tower of Terror.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
At shows yes but fireworks are in the air so that does t really bother me if I’m honest .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

It’s always worth asking if someone hasn’t removed them - I always try to remember to take them off, but have been guilty of completely forgetting on occasion. I’m always very apologetic if someone has to ask me to take them off, but it’s been a genuine oversight.

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

For fireworks etc it wouldn’t occur to me - after all, they make ‘glow with the show’ ears which are specifically designed to be worn during firework shows.

For indoor shows I probably would - and I have been asked to take them off on a ride.

But it honestly didn’t occur to me at first. Always worth asking nicely.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Tbh I can’t remember if I took mine off or not. I’m not an inconsiderate person at all and I hate to be an inconvenience to people, but I feel if I’m busy with the kids I would just not think about it/forget I’m wearing them. I would not have a problem at all if someone behind ask me nicely to take them off.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post

I’d say yes. I’ve never worn ears, but I am just imagining that they’ve got bigger over the years?

Edited at 07:40 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Do you know what... l hadn’t even thought about that! I’ve always left my ‘ears’ on in the past. I’ll certainly remove them from now on. I don’t know why I hadn’t ever considered that I could be obstructing someones view (I’m not the tallest of people!). I’ve learnt something today - thanks!