Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 16 Feb 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
#461
gjdjud
VIP Dibber
 
gjdjud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 11
Location: Surrey

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
We had a lazy start to Sunday before heading back to Disney Springs for brunch. Raglan Road was our destination. Nik was adamant he did not want to go here; we ate here a few years ago and didnít enjoy it. I felt like our opinions had been tainted by the fact it was the day we were flying home and we were just in bad moods, but he wasnít to be swayed. Raglan Road is a Dibb favourite so I was determined to try it again. Brunch here was unfinished business as it was cancelled last year.

Raglan Road

You can view the menu here: disneyworld.disney.go/en...taurant/menus/

Despite checking in on time we were told it would be a 20-minute wait until we were seated, we were given a pager and had a wander around the store. I had to resist buying a hoodie as I really liked the bottle green. We were given a high-top table in the bar which I wasnít thrilled about at first but the seats were actually really comfortable and we had a good view of the stage.

Although I wanted to try the brunch menu, I was a bit worried about the fact brunch has entertainment as I was worried how loud the restaurant would be but it wasnít an issue and we enjoyed the band and the dancers.



We ordered two cokes and when they came, they were basically soda water; I was a bit annoyed as they were visibly not right and we were still served them. We had to wait ages for the server to change them. Not a good start.

Try as I might to get Nik to order the Dalkey Duo, he had An Irish Egg Guinness and onion sausage crusted egg, pickled cabbage, saffron aioli



He said this was good, but not as good as the Rose & Crown version. I tried it and thought the Guinness was quite overpowering in the sausage.

I knew what I was going to have years ago haha. Scallop Forest Foleys all-natural Georges Bank sea scallops in golden batter served with citrus lime dipping sauce and sweet chili jam



These didnít disappoint. I was a little worried that the scallops would be overcooked having been fried but they were perfect. The dipping sauces were the star though and really made the dish.

After much indecision (I really wanted to try the salmon waffles) I ordered Three Times a Boxty Sliced Irish ham, topped with Dubliner cheddar between two boxy potato cakes, with a fried egg and chips



I thought the Ďpotato cakesí were going to be potato scones but they were like the hash browns they serve at iHop. I was SO disappointed. The ham I thought would be like freshly carved carvery ham but it was basically a big thick chunk of bacon. Pretty awful. I only ate the chips.

Nik had Full Irish Full Irish breakfast with Cheshire heritage pork Irish banger, black and white pudding, bacon, roasted tomato, mushrooms and fried eggs with roasties



Iím not going to beat around the bush. He said this was rank. He liked the egg but that was it.

The service had been painfully slow and the drinks refills were not forthcoming, I didnít see many servers roaming around in the main dining area so perhaps they were short staffed?! I just wanted to get out of there. I knew we would never be back so I had to weigh up whether or not I wanted to try the bread and butter pudding or leave, and in the end we left.

This was the only place we tipped less than 20%. Brunch was $80.94 and I did not think it was worth the money. We left a $12 tip.

So, what did we learn from Raglan Road? Trust our instincts. It joined Le Cellier on the list of places weíll never eat again. We have now decided that if we real donít like somewhere (Diamond Horseshoe!) we wonít give them a second chance as it seems history repeats itself.

We headed off to Hollywood Studios. We did something VERY naughty. We left the car at Disney Springs, but as we were onsite guests and didnít have to pay for parking at the parks anyway, so was it naughty?! We jumped on a bus to HS and it was so great not having to faff with the trams.

Having skipped dessert, we headed straight to Hollywood Scoops. Well, once I found it haha.

I had Apple Crisp a la Mode Cinnamon Apple topped with Old-fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream, Caramel Sauce and Streusel $7.23



WOW! When I was served this, I was very perplexed as to why it was a melted mess but itís because the apples are served warm. This was SO good, like fall in a bowl.

Nik had Ice Cream Sundae Old-fashioned Vanilla with Hot Fudge, Whipped Cream and a Cherry $6.70



Really simple but he thought this was fantastic.

We were thirsty so I went back to one of the QS to get us a soda. I was going to just pay for the soda but then I realised we were a bit peckish after not really having any lunch and we had meal credits to burn so I got us a

Meat Lovers Pizza Pizza topped with Sausage, Pepperoni and served with Caesar Salad



$15.95

By the time I got back to our table, Nik had been joined by a American lady who had asked if he minded if she shared the table. We sat and chatted to her whilst we had our soda and just picked at the pizza, when we got up to leave, she remarked we hadnít eaten much of the pizza. When I told her I only got it because I wanted the soda, she nearly fell off the chair laughing, she thought we were nuts.

Anyway, I really like this Disney pizza. Nik preferred the one he had last night. I love the Caesar salad too because it is swimming in dressing.

I SO badly wanted this t-shirt but pink isnít really my colour, nor are v-necks.



This bag though



We stopped at Trolley Car Cafť for some drinks to take with us for the Beauty and the Beast show.

Vanilla Bean CrŤme Frappuccino $6.17



We love this.

Mango Dragonfruit Ė Tall $4.25



I am sorry guys, I just canít get on board with the Refreshers. Regardless of which flavour I try I find them SO strong, like diluting juice that hasnít had water added. Nik thought it might taste nicer once the ice had melted a bit, he was right but I still wouldnít have it again.

Carrot Cake Cookie $3.51



This is great, and I donít even like carrot cake. Although itís called a Ďcookieí it is super soft like a cake and the frosting is so good. Another thing that you eat a little off and then canít stop.

Popcorn $5.59



We grabbed some of this before the Frozen show. Nik isn't a fan of salted popcorn and doesn't understand why American's will put sugar on everything but not their popcorn haha.

I was so sad that when we got to the Incredibles area the Neighbourhood Bakery was closed and we couldnít get a Num Num cookie or the Key Lime Pie on a stick.

We had a fab day at the Studios despite thinking we would struggle with the new FPs structure. We got the bus back to Disney Springs for dinner. A lot of other people had the same idea as us! We didnít get a seat but we did manage to squeeze on. It was a real trek from the park exit to the stop for Disney Springs though.

I should really be going to bed now as Iím working early tomorrow but I canít leave the trip repot on the absolute low of Raglan Road.

Morimoto Asia

We were supposed to be eating at 50s Prime Time tonight but we had loved our spontaneous lunch yesterday that we decided to switch plans up again and we were so glad we did as this was the standout meal of the trip.

You can see the menu here: disneyworld.disney.go/en.../menus/dinner/

It was SO busy, there was people everywhere in the check in area. It was quite large but I still felt a bit claustrophobic. We had checked in early but we seated a little past our ADR time. The restaurant is HUGE and very noisy. We had a table right by the open kitchen and it was great seeing all the dishes come out.

We were in our park clothes and I think if we were to go back in the evening, we would get a bit more dressed up. There were plenty of other people dressed casually I just felt like the restaurantís atmosphere was more fitting to something a bit nicer. It seemed like there was lots of locals there rather than tourists which again told me it was going to be good.

We couldnít settle for just two starters so we decided to go to town, get three and pay OOP for one.

Crispy Popcorn Shrimp Tempura Signature Tempura Shrimp, Spicy Gochujang Aioli



This was Nikís favourite dish of the trip. He doesnít even like shrimp but that is how good this was. Remember how I said I hate how sweet and sour chicken always has soggy batter?! The batter here was still perfectly crispy. I have no idea how they did it. Amazing dish with a bit of heat but not too much.

Chicken Wings Spicy garlic soy sauce



These were also excellent with a nice crispy skin and juicy meat. Again, not too spicy.

Morimoto Spare Ribs Pork Ribs, Cilantro, Hoisin Sweet Chili Glaze



Guys, we found pork that I liked! I thought these were even better than the shrimp, the meat just fell off the bone. I think one of us would have to have these as a main next time.

To be honest, we were so full at this point we could have gone home happy. The menu here is extensive and if you were paying OOP you could have a real feast of small plates and dim sum to share with the table. Being on the DxDP obviously dictated what we ordered somewhat.

Orange Chicken Tempura Chicken, Chinese Broccoli, Wok-tossed with a sweet florida orange sauce served with choice of steamed white or brown rice



This was Nikís choice. It wasnít for me as I donít do sweet and sour together but he thought it was fantastic; nice big juicy pieces of chicken with a zingy sauce.

Red Miso-glazed Faroe Island Salmon Wilted Bok Choy, Shaoxing Gastique, Grilled Rice Cake, Morimoto Dashi Broth with choice of steamed white or brown rice



Not only do Morimoto know how to make pork I actually like, I finally found a Disney restaurant that can cook salmon! The miso glaze wasnít for me but luckily it was only on the top of the fish so I left the top and ate the rest, the fish just flaked apart and was gorgeous in the broth with the rice.

We were SO full but we had had such an amazing meal we had to try dessert.

Chocolate Cream & Crunch Oreo Tempura, Mandarin Orange Jelly, Dark Chocolate Gelato, Hazelnut Chocolate Crunchies



When this came out I had to try very hard to contain my excitement. It was actual CORNFLAKE CRISPY CAKES! I love crispy cakes, I love jelly. I was in heaven with this, so many different textures and the mandarin and chocolate paired so well together. I couldnít brave the tempura Oreo though.

Churro Fondue Housemade churros, Nutella, vanilla cream



So yummy, and really fun with the dips.

Our total bill was $145.91 which considering the abundance of food we had I thought was excellent value. We paid for our extra starter so the DxDP covered $132.06. Not great value for 4 dining credits, but again, on DxDP youíre not worrying about that. We left a $30 tip.

Nik says that it was sensational and that I am to tell you all that small plates is the way to go haha. I am in agreement; we will be back next year when have no dining plan and we can order exactly what weíd like.

After a rotten start to the day it had turned out really well and when we were heading back to the car, we were trying to work out how we could rejig the plan to make sure we still completed Unfinished Business but could squeeze some more Disney Springs restaurants in. Sorry Disney, the third-party owned restaurants were hitting it out of the park.

Go to Morimoto Asia. I don't even like Asian food and I cannot wait to go back. For those of you on the DDP, it is only one credit at lunch time and the menu is pretty much the same as dinner.

DxDP Daily Cost: $232.50
Actual Daily Spend: $276.25
DxDP Cost to Date: $1,609.50
Actual Cost to Date: $1,819.70
Table Service Credits: 47/78
Snack Credits: 29/52
Unfinished Business: 7/12
Tips: $298
So pleased I remembered you had a review of Morimoto We are really thinking of this for lunch. It looks amazing
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
EVERYTHING IS ON HOLD
Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
#462
Fuellady
VIP Dibber
 
Fuellady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 12
I've been meaning to read this for such a long time - so glad I'm finally getting around to it!

Good start at F & B's. I must admit I quite like it there and your food all looks good. There's a lot of it though!

Gosh, what a stress over the lost purse. I blame travel day nerves entirely... I've done the same myself and I'm sure it's the stress of travel day that makes my brain not function properly! Anyway, onto the food... Breakfast at Sonoma looks really nice, although it seems there were a few small issues with it, the picture certainly looks good!

Ah, more travel day stress with the aeroplane problems. Glad you got there safely, if uncomfortably in the end. Average plane food, and a bit stingy on the drinks. Not going to comment on your car journey other than to say... been there, done that... nightmare!

Kona- shame you were disappointed in your pumpkin pancakes, especially after making a last minute change to your original choice. Nik's omelette looks good, and I'm a big fan of home-fried potatoes from anywhere.

Geyser Point - the brisket dish looks delicious, and a large portion for a starter. How disappointing that the bison burger wasn't as good as you expected, it looks good as do the waffle fries.

Oh dear, this is turning into a trip of lost things... I hope the phone incident (x2 ) was the last one on this trip.

Boma - I like the look of your adult plate here, although I do like my meat well done so not sure I would have the sirloin. I will admit to also liking the look of Nik's plate, I would happily eat everything on there except the corn dog. Looks like there's lots of choice, something for everyone. The desserts look divine

Well done on visiting 11 resorts in one day.. that's an impressive total.

I'm glad you like Coronado Springs. You'll know I've never stayed onsite, but we were hoping to book a big family holiday with DDP for next year and our resort of choice was CSR after visiting it on our last trip. The holiday is unlikely to happen now as I can't see anyone wanting to put deposits down in April given all the uncertainly, but hopefully some day we'll make it there. We were impressed with the Gran Destino Tower too, it's really beautiful inside.

High prise indeed for the burger at Yak & Yeti... it does look lovely. Bit of a shame the fries let the whole meal down a bit.

Maya Grill - I have to admit to not being a huge fan of Mexican food, but everything you had here looks really nice. Massive portions - I'm not surprised you couldn't finish it all.

Breakfast in the castle is certainly expensive. I agree Nik's breakfast looks a small portion, but the pastries look nice to fill up on.

I've heard lots of good things about the cinnamon rolls from Gaston's - a must try for us next time I think.

Such a shame you were disappointed in BOG again. We've only eaten dinner there and I have to admit we all loved it. I'd really like to try the breakfast particularly, although your lunch looks good as well. The French dip sandwich sounds right up our street, I'm a bit sad you don't rate it.

Yachtsman - Can you choose how your steak is cooked at the Disney steakhouses like in any other steakhouse or does it always come out med rare? I just can't eat my meat like that and it would put me off booking any of them if I can't have it well done The sides all look good, and the truffle mac & cheese especially yummy. It's a good idea to have them all in separate dishes for sharing. The desserts are beautifully presented, and your caramel apple mousse particularly sounds like something I would enjoy very much.

Trattoria al forno - Again, the pastries look delicious - a great way to start the day IMO! Nik's breakfast looks nice, and a decent portion. Shame the bacon wasn't quite crispy enough for him - I always find the American breakfast places overcook the breakfast for my taste, but you seem to be finding the opposite! Bit disappointing that your steak was tough and not well enough seasoned.

HBD - Another nice lunch. I have to say I prefer Nik's choices to yours. The chicken sandwich sounds and looks lovely, and does the chocolate mousse cake. Your burger does seem to have a lot going on, and I'm also not sure about eggs on burgers - very messy when the yolk breaks I imagine!

Disappointing all round at Sunshine Seasons apart from the mac & cheese and your strawberry dessert. Like you said, at least you've tried it now.

The Ghirardelli drinking chocolate looks so thick and dark, like a chocolate sauce rather than a drink! The Mickey pretzel with cheese sauce looks good though. Overall, very mixed reviews of your F & W festival offerings. It's a bucket list item for me to "eat around the world" so I'm always interested to see what people choose from the booths there.

Le Cellier - a triumph for the puddings here - both look amazing. CrŤme brulee is my absolute favourite dessert and teamed with maple flavour sounds like heaven.

Really enjoying reading your report Colette, going to start a new reply for the rest as this one is getting a bit long!
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Med Cruise - maybe...
Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
#463
Fuellady
VIP Dibber
 
Fuellady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 12
I'm back to read the next few instalments!

Crystal Palace always seems a firm favourite on here, but like you I have to say I'm not impressed by the almost empty dishes. And those scrambled eggs... way overdone and just look awful. We're not big buffet fans anyway, but this really puts me off.

Much better experience at Rix... all of your choices look good, especially the French Dip and wings. Decent value too for that amount of food.

I don't feel qualified at all to comment on your food at Narcoosees's except perhaps Nik's steak which look fab. I don't eat seafood at all, and there was loads of it here! It's a shame you didn't enjoy your main after deciding to upgrade.

What an exciting day with a clandestine solo adventure then an amazing lunch at STK. All of the food at STK looks so good, both the mac & cheese and loaded fries sides look delicious and huge. It's always nice to stumble across somewhere that's so much better than you expected. Your chicken at the food court really does look past its best. Glad you enjoyed your alternative offering though and Nik's pizza looks nice.

Oh dear, what a disappointment at Raglan Road. We have eaten here once on an evening and it was honestly outstanding. We loved it. However, that's 2 bad experiences you've had there now, so of course you won't go back. Both of your desserts from Hollywood Scoops look lovely, so hopefully that made up for your bad lunchtime experience. Good value at Morimoto Asia, and your starters look particularly good. Like you, I'm not a massive Asian food fan, but this looks worth a try.

Some good and some not so good offerings from around the world. It's interesting to see the different options, so much to choose from.

Disney Springs seems to be coming up trumps for you this trip, with the exception of Raglan Road. Another nice meal there, at Wolfgang Puck. I'm glad you enjoyed your steak here, as they have been a bit hit or miss this trip.

Disappointing result for Via Napoli - I love Italian food! Maybe a pasta dish would have been the better option? Your pizza does look a little too cheesy for me, with it dripping all over the edges. Good save with the puddings though.

I think we would enjoy Boatwrights - nice menu choices. The chef's platter looks right up my street, as does the French onion soup. It all looks very nice.

Signing off again for now, but I'll be back soon to finish off reading your report. Enjoying reading about all of the options I'll have when I finally stay onsite
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Med Cruise - maybe...
Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
#464
Disney Nanny
Imagineer
 
Disney Nanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 11
Can I ask what the difference is
DxDP Daily Cost: $232.50
Actual Daily Spend: $321.50
is the daily cost what was spent on the dining plan and the daily spend includes the tips?
sorry for being dense, but never done the DDP packages and looking at it for a treat next year so am looking for nearest possible costs
I have spent ALL day today reading this lol
Thank you for your time, patience and detail, it really is appreciated by all of us xx
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Boardwalk
Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
#465
collybird
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
collybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 11
Location: Dundee
Sorry for the delays in replying everyone, I have had a bit of a Dibb break.

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
I somehow missed this completely as I had a bit of a Dibb break, just caught up on it all. Thank you for writing it, I love your food reports and it gives me lots of ideas for the future. Lots of surprises in your final list of favourites, both Skipper Canteen and Morimoto Asia look really good. Also Cheesecake Factory too, I have always wanted to try it but the location in Orlando means we talk about it then never make it! Maybe next year
They are building a new Cheesecake Factory much closer to Disney but I imagine it will be very busy! Thank you for reading!


Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Fab food report! Currently on a diet so have just mentally eaten all of your meals 😂😂 Iím still starving 😫! You guys did so well with the deluxe dining plan! How the heck are you so slim! Iíd of gained about 6 stone!
Thank you for reading! How did your diet go? I am very worried about the size I am going to be after isolation is over!


Originally Posted by VizslaMom View Post
Fab report - thank you for taking all that time to write it !
I have read your previous reports, which have been equally as entertaining, but I'm such a lurker and tend not to comment - very naughty of me!
You have given me some more ideas of where to eat when I go in June (first time on-site and on the DDP).

Thanks again!
Thank you so much for reading and coming out of lurkdom to comment. Keeping everything crossed that your June trip goes ahead. It makes me so, so sad to think of everyone effected.


Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
So pleased I remembered you had a review of Morimoto We are really thinking of this for lunch. It looks amazing
I highly recommend Moriomoto, I'd like to go back for lunch and take my mum as I know she'd enjoy it.


Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
I've been meaning to read this for such a long time - so glad I'm finally getting around to it!

Good start at F & B's. I must admit I quite like it there and your food all looks good. There's a lot of it though!

Gosh, what a stress over the lost purse. I blame travel day nerves entirely... I've done the same myself and I'm sure it's the stress of travel day that makes my brain not function properly! Anyway, onto the food... Breakfast at Sonoma looks really nice, although it seems there were a few small issues with it, the picture certainly looks good!

Ah, more travel day stress with the aeroplane problems. Glad you got there safely, if uncomfortably in the end. Average plane food, and a bit stingy on the drinks. Not going to comment on your car journey other than to say... been there, done that... nightmare!

Kona- shame you were disappointed in your pumpkin pancakes, especially after making a last minute change to your original choice. Nik's omelette looks good, and I'm a big fan of home-fried potatoes from anywhere.

Geyser Point - the brisket dish looks delicious, and a large portion for a starter. How disappointing that the bison burger wasn't as good as you expected, it looks good as do the waffle fries.

Oh dear, this is turning into a trip of lost things... I hope the phone incident (x2 ) was the last one on this trip.

Boma - I like the look of your adult plate here, although I do like my meat well done so not sure I would have the sirloin. I will admit to also liking the look of Nik's plate, I would happily eat everything on there except the corn dog. Looks like there's lots of choice, something for everyone. The desserts look divine

Well done on visiting 11 resorts in one day.. that's an impressive total.

I'm glad you like Coronado Springs. You'll know I've never stayed onsite, but we were hoping to book a big family holiday with DDP for next year and our resort of choice was CSR after visiting it on our last trip. The holiday is unlikely to happen now as I can't see anyone wanting to put deposits down in April given all the uncertainly, but hopefully some day we'll make it there. We were impressed with the Gran Destino Tower too, it's really beautiful inside.

High prise indeed for the burger at Yak & Yeti... it does look lovely. Bit of a shame the fries let the whole meal down a bit.

Maya Grill - I have to admit to not being a huge fan of Mexican food, but everything you had here looks really nice. Massive portions - I'm not surprised you couldn't finish it all.

Breakfast in the castle is certainly expensive. I agree Nik's breakfast looks a small portion, but the pastries look nice to fill up on.

I've heard lots of good things about the cinnamon rolls from Gaston's - a must try for us next time I think.

Such a shame you were disappointed in BOG again. We've only eaten dinner there and I have to admit we all loved it. I'd really like to try the breakfast particularly, although your lunch looks good as well. The French dip sandwich sounds right up our street, I'm a bit sad you don't rate it.

Yachtsman - Can you choose how your steak is cooked at the Disney steakhouses like in any other steakhouse or does it always come out med rare? I just can't eat my meat like that and it would put me off booking any of them if I can't have it well done The sides all look good, and the truffle mac & cheese especially yummy. It's a good idea to have them all in separate dishes for sharing. The desserts are beautifully presented, and your caramel apple mousse particularly sounds like something I would enjoy very much.

Trattoria al forno - Again, the pastries look delicious - a great way to start the day IMO! Nik's breakfast looks nice, and a decent portion. Shame the bacon wasn't quite crispy enough for him - I always find the American breakfast places overcook the breakfast for my taste, but you seem to be finding the opposite! Bit disappointing that your steak was tough and not well enough seasoned.

HBD - Another nice lunch. I have to say I prefer Nik's choices to yours. The chicken sandwich sounds and looks lovely, and does the chocolate mousse cake. Your burger does seem to have a lot going on, and I'm also not sure about eggs on burgers - very messy when the yolk breaks I imagine!

Disappointing all round at Sunshine Seasons apart from the mac & cheese and your strawberry dessert. Like you said, at least you've tried it now.

The Ghirardelli drinking chocolate looks so thick and dark, like a chocolate sauce rather than a drink! The Mickey pretzel with cheese sauce looks good though. Overall, very mixed reviews of your F & W festival offerings. It's a bucket list item for me to "eat around the world" so I'm always interested to see what people choose from the booths there.

Le Cellier - a triumph for the puddings here - both look amazing. CrŤme brulee is my absolute favourite dessert and teamed with maple flavour sounds like heaven.

Really enjoying reading your report Colette, going to start a new reply for the rest as this one is getting a bit long!
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
I'm back to read the next few instalments!

Crystal Palace always seems a firm favourite on here, but like you I have to say I'm not impressed by the almost empty dishes. And those scrambled eggs... way overdone and just look awful. We're not big buffet fans anyway, but this really puts me off.

Much better experience at Rix... all of your choices look good, especially the French Dip and wings. Decent value too for that amount of food.

I don't feel qualified at all to comment on your food at Narcoosees's except perhaps Nik's steak which look fab. I don't eat seafood at all, and there was loads of it here! It's a shame you didn't enjoy your main after deciding to upgrade.

What an exciting day with a clandestine solo adventure then an amazing lunch at STK. All of the food at STK looks so good, both the mac & cheese and loaded fries sides look delicious and huge. It's always nice to stumble across somewhere that's so much better than you expected. Your chicken at the food court really does look past its best. Glad you enjoyed your alternative offering though and Nik's pizza looks nice.

Oh dear, what a disappointment at Raglan Road. We have eaten here once on an evening and it was honestly outstanding. We loved it. However, that's 2 bad experiences you've had there now, so of course you won't go back. Both of your desserts from Hollywood Scoops look lovely, so hopefully that made up for your bad lunchtime experience. Good value at Morimoto Asia, and your starters look particularly good. Like you, I'm not a massive Asian food fan, but this looks worth a try.

Some good and some not so good offerings from around the world. It's interesting to see the different options, so much to choose from.

Disney Springs seems to be coming up trumps for you this trip, with the exception of Raglan Road. Another nice meal there, at Wolfgang Puck. I'm glad you enjoyed your steak here, as they have been a bit hit or miss this trip.

Disappointing result for Via Napoli - I love Italian food! Maybe a pasta dish would have been the better option? Your pizza does look a little too cheesy for me, with it dripping all over the edges. Good save with the puddings though.

I think we would enjoy Boatwrights - nice menu choices. The chef's platter looks right up my street, as does the French onion soup. It all looks very nice.

Signing off again for now, but I'll be back soon to finish off reading your report. Enjoying reading about all of the options I'll have when I finally stay onsite
Thank you for reading! It must have taken you ages to catch up on all my waffling!

I really hate travel day, I find it so stressful and I don't even like reading about other people's travel days as I am so worried something will go wrong. I think it may have all come about after we had a flight to NYC have to turn back after take off a few years ago, I'm always waiting for disaster now.

Glad to know I am not the only one who has had a nightmare car journey.

I really recommend Boma, there is loads of choice and I think it's high up on my list of favourites.

Looking back 11 resorts in one day is so many, especially one Day 1, I was disappointed at the time though.

I hope you will make it onsite sometime, I think CSR is a sound choice, the refurbed rooms really are a huge plus point over the other moderates. Great selection of restaurants and we hope to get back to try out Three Bridges and Toledo in the future. Rix is a particular bonus for us for the 'normal' food.

I'm sad that we don't rate Be Our Guest too, as it always looked delicious.

Yes, Disney will cook steak to your liking in all the restaurants. Even the buffets with carved meats have slices well done.

100% not a fan of eggs on burgers, I'm not a big fan of eggs anyway, but I do like to try things 'as they come' in Disney, at home I'd be much less adventurous!

The Ghiradelli drinking chocolate really was like a sauce rather than a drink, so horrible.

I can't see us rushing back to Crystal Palace, if we are on DxDP in future and in the park early then maybe, but there's far better buffet options in the MK area.

I can't wait to see where you choose to eat if you end up with DDP, after so much research it will be difficult to narrow it down!


Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
Can I ask what the difference is
DxDP Daily Cost: $232.50
Actual Daily Spend: $321.50
is the daily cost what was spent on the dining plan and the daily spend includes the tips?
sorry for being dense, but never done the DDP packages and looking at it for a treat next year so am looking for nearest possible costs
I have spent ALL day today reading this lol
Thank you for your time, patience and detail, it really is appreciated by all of us xx
Thank you so much for reading, that is dedication to get through it all in one day!

The DxDP Daily Cost is what it would cost us to pay for the DxDP in full for both of us, the Actual Spend shows how much we would have spent on food without it. I wanted to show everyone the value of the plan. Does that make sense? I listed the tips separately as for everyone they'll be different.

I'm a huge fan of the Dining Plan so hope you have fun planning your trip with it.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
NE Road Trip & Disney
Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
#466
CosmicGirl
Very Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: May 16
There, I'm finally caught up.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
DAY 11
As we were still checked in at Coronado Springs I had linked our GF stay to a separate 'dummy' MDE account to prevent any issues with our bookings. My two MDE accounts are not linked in any way and have nothing in common apart from both being assigned to someone with my name and date of birth, they even have different addresses as the dummy one still has my parents'. The CM mentioned when we were checking in that we only had grey Magic Bands for our room, I said that was right as I hadn't customised them as they were only to act as room keys. She said we wouldn't need them as we could use the bands we were wearing as room keys. I explained the situation and she said it didn't matter the bands would still work I had to push to get the grey bands as she didn't seem to understand what I was saying.

Anyway, at some point during our stay I accidentally used my CSR Magic Band when trying to open the door and it worked! A glitch in Disney's security that it automatically connects multiple accounts with the same name and date of birth!?
Is it possible that you used your current address when booking the GF DVC room, so the address on the booking matched the address on your "real" account?
We also went the dummy account route with our DVC stay at the Poly to avoid issues with our CSR QSDP. I added the dummies to my main account as friends and family managed by me, without giving them their proper login. The idea was to have all plans visible on the app on one account and have full control. In reality, I couldn't access any of the details of the dummy accounts from my profile while at the Poly. Nothing showed up: no dining, no charges, no hotel details. In fact, our DxDP didn't even work with the dummy MBs. We went straight to Cali Grill after checking in at the Poly and had to suffer through an hour of embaressment, as they told us we didn't have a dining plan linked to our MBs and we hadn't brought anything else to pay with. It took over an hour for them to get confirmation from the Poly that we did, in fact, have the DxDP. The room charge for the tip wouldn't go through, either, so they had to do that manually as well.
I was expecting the dummy thing to work this way but it's back to the drawing board for the next one.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
CANADA

Le Cellier Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce Ė $8.25

I've had a steal a picture of this as I don't seem to have mine.



I've had this before and enjoyed it but this time it was impossible to eat with the plastic cutlery. I could not cut it at all and I'd only have been able to eat it if I'd torn at it with my teeth. Very disappointing for the money.

Appleseed Orchard

Caramel-Apple Popcorn Ė $10.00



This was SO bad. Not even as nice as Butterkist Popcorn and I paid for it!
It's quite strange how experiences can vary, even for the same thing. We had the filet twice and it was great the first time, but meh at best the second time. We also got the popcorn and enjoyed it as a quick nibble in the room throughout our stay. If anything, we felt the souvenir container made it a great snack credit, as I wouldn't put it past them to charge $13.99 for it sittting empty in a F&W souvenir booth. Not that we'd ever pay for it, but it's a cute keepsake. I might keep my MBs in there.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
One last meal at Gatwick before flying back to Scotland.

Back at Sonama again, where it all began We decided to share a starter and a main.

Sriracha Rotisserie Chicken Wings Rotisserie wings with spicy lime mayo



Original Joe's Our beef patty, cheddar cheese, smoky peach bbq + house sauce, pickles + salad garnish



Really enjoyed both of these, particularly the wings. The restaurant is owned by the same company as F&Bs but I thought it was much better.

A sound choice if you are at Gatwick but I did see they are opening a Shake Shack. Almost enough to make me want to go indirect.

This was around £25 including drinks, pretty good value for the airport.

Next, I have to somehow round everything up!

Thank you for sticking with me guys, it's taken longer than I expected to get everything written up. The trip feels a lifetime ago now.
Shake Shack was already open then! We ate there before our flight to Orlando. The seating was extremely limited but it was yummy as always.

Thank you for putting in the time and effort to share your experiences with all of us. I'd only read part of the report before we left but your posts certainly inspired us to try things we hadn't thought of before, such as the Tangled eclair and Morimoto (which we had to cancel, unfortunately). My hat off to you for getting through all of those credits. I was skeptical when you said you wanted to use a gift card for F&W but wow, you actually ran out of snacks with 4 days to go. Impressive! What happened to everything in the fridge btw? Did it all go to dessert heaven?

Did you book your ADRs for the next one? Looking at your countdown it should've been this week.

Edited at 03:46 PM.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
#467
Fuellady
VIP Dibber
 
Fuellady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 12
Back for what should be my final instalment! Sorry, it's taken a while...

1900 Park Fare - What a fantastic choice of breakfast goodies. It all looks fresh. Some interesting ones as well - strawberry soup? Not sure about that but I'd definitely give it a try.

Liberty Tree Tavern - bit disappointing on the starters and mains but it sounds like the pudding definitely made up for it. It does look lovely. Poor service at the GF - I would have expected better of them considering their status.

Citricos - Again, the puddings looked like the star of the show to me, although Nik's steak looks excellent as well. Creme brulee is my all time favourite dessert and this one looks fab.

Skippers Canteen - So glad you finally got to eat here after all of your misses. And of course, that you enjoyed it all. I have to say I would eat any of your choices here except the lamb and it all looks outstanding. Nik's pudding sounds like heaven to me with chocolate, banana and caramel - a delicious combination.

California Grill - it's a shame you felt let down by CG - I think it all looks nice. I'm glad you enjoyed the goats cheese ravioli after taking a punt on it. The mac & cheese looks so good, and yet again for me the puddings have it.

Chefs de France - This is one restaurant that I MUST do when I get my onsite stay. I honestly haven't heard one bad review of it. Your waiter sounds lovely, it's a shame he was getting a hard time of it from the other table. Again, all of your food looks good, and nicely presented. I imagine F & W gets very expensive very quickly when paying OOP.

Monsieur Paul - Beautiful presentation of everything here. The oxtail broth that's full of steak pieces sounds absolutely amazing. I love that the chocolate sphere is served perfectly then when the sauce is poured over it melts away. Oh, and that it tastes like a big Ferrero Rocher! Win, win

Cheesecake Factory - I'm a bit sad you were beaten (kind of) by the DxDP (and the weather) but soooo excited that you at at Cheesecake Factory. We haven't been there for ages - we really need to go back. The menu is indeed a novel, it's so hard to choose but it sounds like you made solid choices. I did think you were a little mad to order a third main course to share because the portions are so huge. I'm not a cheesecake fan either, but I do enjoy theirs. I so happy you enjoyed it all.

Sonama - Nice to finish off where you started. You know, we always end up at Heathrow rather than Gatwick so not sure if we'd ever get to try here. It looks a good choice though.

And I'm done! I've really enjoyed reading about your DxDP choices and look forward to reading about your road trip/Disney offerings later this year.
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Med Cruise - maybe...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Dapper Dans
On 31st May 2020
Check out this new video of the Dapper Dans from Disney’s Magic Kingdom Park Dapper... Read More »
Posted in Pandora
On 30th May 2020
Disney has released a video celebrating the third anniversary of Pandora: The World of Avatar... Read More »
Posted in Universal Studios
On 29th May 2020
As part of the phased reopening after the covid-19 shutdown, Universal Orlando has announced that... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2131
Covent Garden FX  $1.2146
M&S  $1.2002
Sainsburys  $1.2063
TESCO  $1.1897
Travelex  $1.2028
Updated: 05:30 01/06/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits...

Upgrade Now


Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0909
Covent Garden FX  €1.0907
M&S  €1.0785
Sainsburys  €1.0856
TESCO  €1.0700
Travelex  €1.0838
Updated: 05:30 01/06/2020