Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 8 Nov 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Ooh I love a Cosmo! Shame about the mixed bag food wise. I hope you have a fab trip and I look forward to reading about it all.

Currently writing
Yo Ho, A Disney Life for Me - Summer 2020 pre trip

Now complete
The Bare Necessities Summer 2019

Washington DC October 2019

All my old trip reports are here in one place
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
6th time lucky, CBR again
Old 9 Nov 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
xuntitledx
Excited about Disney

Travel day has finally arrived!

Up at 5am ready for taxi pick up at 7am, quite a relaxing morning really - no drama. Airport experience was great, no queue at check-in and quick to drop our bags off. Barely any queue at security and all the staff were brilliant.

Headed over to Frankie and Bennyís for breakfast.

Drinks - pint of goose (Pete), mimosa (me) and a giant cookie crumble milkshake (Oscar) - spot the hidden Mickey!

For breakfast, Pete had the All American which he said was nice, although pancakes a little dry and not enough syrup!

Oscar has the chocolate and banana pancakes. Not sure how hungry he was this morning as he didnít demolish them like he usually would!

I had The Big One (minus black pudding, tomatoes and mushrooms and adding toast). This was very nice, the sausages were surprisingly good and the breakfast herbed potatoes were very tasty.

£49.65 altogether which isnít too bad for airport food.

Just sitting on the plane (Jersey Girl) now getting ready to take off - see you on the other side!

Edited at 05:42 PM.
xuntitledx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
DLP - cancelled :-(
Old 9 Nov 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
How exciting! ... safe journey, have a fantastic holiday
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Probably not going in...
Old 9 Nov 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great start! 😆 I laughed when I saw all that rocket on the pasta!

We just got back last Saturday so itíll be great to reminisce.

Following along.

Kat
WDW Onsite: OKW! - 2 Bed Villa October 2018
WDW onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Fingers Crossed X
Old 9 Nov 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Very Serious Dibber

Have a lovely time. Looking forward to this!
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
return to Star Wars run
Old 10 Nov 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
xuntitledx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Itís 3am and Pete and I are wide awake 😭😭

We managed to push ourselves last night and didnít go to sleep until about 10pm so we were hoping to avoid a mega early start. Anyway, up now so letís crack on...

So, on to yesterdayís flight. Weíve never flown long haul before and all things considered, it really didnít feel like a 9 hour flight.

Drinks and mini pretzels came round first; I opted for a vodka orange and lemonade and a peppermint tea, Pete a beer and Oscar an orange juice.

The childrenís meals came out first, Oscar had tomato and cheese pasta with mini cheddars and cheese to dip followed by a fruit winder and a chocolate mousse for pudding. Big thumbs up from him 👍🏻

Disappointingly, by the time they got round to serving the adult meals, they had run out of everything except for the tomato sausage and mash. The sausages were awful so I only ate the mash which wasnít too bad. Didnít bother with the side salad but the cheese and crackers were nice.

Too full for the chocolate pot but I tried a bit of Peteís and it was nice - you could really taste the ginger in the salted caramel.

Afternoon tea came about 1.5 hours before landing. We didnít eat the sandwiches as we werenít hungry but Pete and Oscar both enjoyed their scones with clotted cream and jam.

Arriving at the airport, immigration was relatively swift (a relief given some of the horror stories Iíve read on here) but after that, the experience was quite poor. We felt like we trawled the entire airport going up and down and back across. Unfortunately we couldnít escape second bag drop but the whole process seemed really inefficient.

There was a ridiculous (almost hour) wait for the Magical Express which didnít exactly feel magical and then we arrived at the All Star Movies...

No pictures of us arriving as this whole experience was just shocking. Really very disappointing and Iím going to aim to speak to a manager today. Our room wasnít ready, despite it being well after 6pm and then theyíd tried to move us away from our preferred room due to their issue. After staying firm, they had someone turn over the room relatively quickly for us but then we found the room wasnít as clean as weíd like and housekeeping had to come back. Not really the Ďwelcome homeí we were expecting and after 14 hours travelling, it was not appreciated.

Anyway, we unpacked and then headed for a (midnight) feast.

Pete and Oscar shared a slice of pepperoni pizza with a garlic bread stick and tomato and basil soup (not pictured). They both really enjoyed this and said the soup tasted really nice and homemade.

I had the lasagne with garlic bread stick. This had nice flavour and tasted quite homemade but the consistency of it was weird. There was barely any pasta so it was more like lasagne soup as no structure. Wouldnít have this again.

We paid out of pocket for this as our DXDDP credits are all accounted for. The total was $27.35 which we thought very reasonable.

So that ends our first day. Iím hoping the magic kicks up a notch today as we are heading to Ohanaís for an early breakfast, then Disney Springs for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique photo shoot and then some shopping, followed by lunch at T-Rex.
xuntitledx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Have a fantastic holiday. Looking forward to reading along 😊
Old 10 Nov 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
xuntitledx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We were really looking forward to our first Disney breakfast and Ohana did not disappoint!

We were given the Pineapple bread to start and fruit. The pineapple bread was absolutely delicious, so good!

Then came the breakfast skillet - the waffles were delicious (Oscar asked for more and ate those too!).

We both had mimosas and the juice and they even managed to source me a peppermint tea.

The character interaction was great, we didnít feel rushed and the view was a window seat with a direct line to the castle!

Lunch was at T-Rex and we wanted cocktails!

Pete went for the Ďcaveman punchĎ and I had the Ďtropical painkillerí, Oscar had milk.

I started with the quesadillas and Pete had the meatballs. These were both very good but HUGE - only managed to eat half as didnít want to ruin our mains.

Our mains had an attempted delivery mid-way through our starters but the server took back without being asked.

I ordered the triple which was steak, prawns and chicken. Everything very overcooked with an unpleasant sticky, sweet sauce covering everything. The mash was very good though!

Pete went for the chicken and ribs, he said the ribs were the best heíd ever eaten but the chicken was so-so.

Oscar waited a while for his main but eventually his pepperoni pizza arrived. He finished this so I take it as a sign he enjoyed it!

Pete and Oscar ordered dessert but after waiting over 30 mins, we just decided to leave. As we were leaving, the wrong desserts turned up...

$146.47 in total.

Pete later used the first snack credit for a dole whip float - I tried this, it was very refreshing.

No plans for tea tonight, originally we were thinking about eating offsite but weíre still stuffed so weíll see how we are later.
Old 10 Nov 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hope you have a great holiday. Shame about your room not being ready. Iím enjoying following along.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Aruba Jamaica I wanna take u...CBR...
Old 11 Nov 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
xuntitledx
Excited about Disney

We went for a swim in the afternoon and then headed to the Vineland International Outlets - I know everyone raves about these but we found it a bit of a bust to be honest and didnít really find much.

However, we had a quick and cheerful dinner at the McDonalds across the way.

Oscar wasnít hungry so just Pete and I - he ordered the BBQ glazed chicken tenders and large fries and I ordered the buttermilk crispy chicken sandwich with medium fries.

This came to $17.02.

The chicken tenders were very nice, my chicken burger tasted like it was cooked 3 hours earlier. But, itís McDonaldís and it does a job.

Iím awake already at 4am today (not too bad!) and excited for our first park day.

Weíre heading to Cinderellaís Royal Table for breakfast; Tonyís for lunch (parade dining package) and Crystal Palace for a (very) early dinner as itís MVMCP tonight so leaving the park early.

Also looking forward to trying some of the snacks on our list!

Edited at 10:36 AM.