Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 19 Dec 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Oh no! I agree with Claudette. If you go again I recommend the Dion’s OMG! roll and the Big Squeal burger. My husband would recommend the Texas Longhorn burger but asks for the onion strings on the side as it does have a lot in there. The milkshakes are delicious too but super filling!
Thank you for your tips! Once it all arrived I did think that perhaps we should have ordered differently. We just weren’t super hungry and thought this would be the perfect portion. We were wrong We have another busy day planned and I have everything crossed for good food Karma! Thank you for reading and commenting.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

Some great meals - looking forward to reading the rest of your report! :-)
TigerLily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by TigerLily8 View Post
Some great meals - looking forward to reading the rest of your report! :-)
Thank you! I can’t believe we are already 4 days in. Thank you for reading and commenting.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Tuk Tuk Market RPR Breakfast

So Adam suggested breakfast at First Watch (one of our favourites!) but I vetoed it in favour of lunch at Bubbalous Bodacious BBQ. I thought I was being clever when I suggest grabbing some breakfast snacks (so we wouldn’t be too full for lunch) from the Tuk Tuk Market in the hotel. This wasn’t open when we were here in August - it sells Starbucks products and lots of grab and go food. Cooper came with me as we decided to have a room picnic rather than eat in the Lobby. Cooper had a Chicken Caesar wrap and a hot chocolate, Adam had a bacon, egg and cheese croissant and also a cherry danish (I wasn’t sure if he fancied sweet or savoury so I got both ) with a caramel latte and I had an everything bagel toasted and a soda for later. This came to a whopping $42! So much for much quick breakfast It did all taste great but when you look at value for money, it does seem quite expensive. Lesson learned- quick does not equal cheap!

Off to the parks now as we are checking out today. Thanks again for reading
Old 19 Dec 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Universal Snack Toothsome Snack Bubbalous Bodacious BBQ lunch

So we had the morning at Universal, did all our favourite rides and were thankful for the Front of Lines passes as it was busy today. We had a quick stop at The San Fran Bakery for a piece of Key Lime Pie, it was tasty but the pie at Bahama Breeze is still our favourite.

We passed Toothsome on our way to IOA so stopped for a look at all the treats (we have had milkshakes from here before that were delicious!) The desserts in there are like art and I bought a hot chocolate dessert cup for the three of us to share. It was gorgeous but sooooo rich and we couldn’t finish it despite our best efforts!

We then made our way to IOA for our last rides of the day before heading off to Bubbalous Bodacious BBQ. The bbq here is great and we try to get here every trip. Adam has the rib dinner with Texas toast, fries, pit beans, black eyed peas and a drink. Cooper had the corn dog meal with a soda and I had the rib basket with fries, beans and a mac n cheese with water to drink. This was all delicious and the service is always friendly and fast. Great value at only $34!

It was all great however it was a very beige lunch so we will be looking for some fresh and delicious salads at Sweet Tomatoes tonight Thanks for reading

Sweet Tomatoes

So this is a buffet restaurant that is based around different salads, soups, pasta, pizza and ice-cream and desserts. We visited one in Tampa in August and enjoyed how fresh and tasty everything was so decided it would be perfect after our very beige food day! The cost for 5 of us was $64 and this included drinks. I didn’t take pictures of the buffet as it was busy (and I felt weird ) so just took a couple of pics of our plates.
There were approximately a dozen types of salad/salad ingredients, several soups one of which was corn chowder and is was amazing, there was also cream of mushroom, chicken noodle, minestrone, chunky chicken, turkey and cranberry and big kettle chilli. 3 pasta dishes, mushroom Alfredo, mac n cheese, vegetarian basil pesto and 3 choices of pizza, pepperoni, margarita, focaccia. They also have jacket potato’s and sweet potatoes with lots of toppings like cheese, spring onion, sour cream and salsa. There was also sourdough bread and multigrain bread for the soup and chilli. The whole restaurant was super clean and the staff were friendly and helpful- the was a delicious dinner with something for everyone.

Now Cooper did eat more than 4 tomato’s and 3 pieces of cucumber covered in cheese he also had a loaded potato but ate it before I could take a picture. This restaurant is now on our must visit list for when we are in Orlando! Thanks for reading

Edited at 01:10 PM.
Old 21 Dec 19, 03:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Breakfast, Lunch at Texas Roadhouse, Senor Frogs Dinner

So after a quick breakfast of froot loops (they have changed the recipe, they almost taste healthy :erm ) we then headed off to SeaWorld. We were there just before 9am and managed all the rollercoasters with almost no wait, then strolled around the park before leaving for lunch.

Texas Roadhouse
Adam suggested this as we went a few years ago and enjoyed it. We were seated straight away and between us had a glass of Pinot Grigio, a beer, a water and two sodas. They swiftly brought out 8 warm bread rolls for us to share, now I love bread but it is so sweet and they serve it with cinnamon butter I am a savoury girl so it doesn’t really appeal to me but if you had a sweet tooth I would imagine that you would love them.

Cooper had the kids ribs meal with fries and a drink, I had the chicken salad with honey mustard dressing, Adam and my Dad both had the Sirloin steak with 2 sides and my Mum had an appetiser of garlic prawns on bread and added a side of vegetables. It all came out quite quickly and was lovely. The boys said their steaks were cooked perfectly and the ribs were the perfect portion for Cooper. The cost was $85 plus tip which isn’t cheap for lunch but we did enjoy ourselves.

We popped to the sketchers and Nike clearance stores as Adam was after trainers and so was Mum. She did well with 2 pairs of sketchers for $60 - she was thrilled!

Senior Frogs
This is our very first visit to this restaurant. It is vibrant with great music and very enthusiastic staff. The lights were almost like being inside a kaleidoscope! None of us was particularly hungry so Cooper, myself and my Dad shared the guacamole and corn chips (this is made to order at the table) and chicken nachos, my Mum had the chicken salad (this was enormous!) and Adam had the Barbacoa tacos, these were delicious We ordered 3 frozen margaritas and 2 sodas (these are free refills). The place was hopping and the staff get up and dance, they also have quizzes where you can win shots of alcohol. It might not be for everyone but we enjoyed our meal and the atmosphere. We had a slight issue at the end, we were brought the bill, my Dad saw the total and handed the server $20 as a tip. I then asked him for the bill so I could take a photo for this report and noticed that they had included a tip in the bill. This makes me really cross because my Dad was embarrassed for handing the money over before checking the bill (he will never do that again!) I called the server over and confirmed with her that we had already tipped within the bill and then asked for the $20 back. She handed it over but couldn’t look me in the eye. This all happened within a minute or two of sorting the bill and it just wasn’t a nice way to end the evening. The tip here is - always check your bill! Then you can choose to leave more of a tip or not.

Thanks for reading
Old 22 Dec 19, 03:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Room Breakfast, Blaze Pizza Lunch, Village Inn Dinner

We had a quick breakfast of raisin bran before heading out to International Drive Premium Outlet. We got there for opening and all managed to pick up some bargains. We dropped my parents back to the hotel and headed back out to Disney Springs. We easily found a park in the Lime Garage and headed to Blaze pizza, there was only a short wait to order (everywhere else was heaving!) We ordered 2 pizza’s to share, one meat pizza and the other was chicken, onion and cherry tomatoes on a spicy tomato sauce base and 2 sodas to share. The pizzas were amazing and Cooper managed to eat the meat one all by himself I wanted to have a quick look at World of Disney and saw the Daily Poutine on the way, so stopped to buy a classic poutine for Adam and I to share. The gravy and cheese curds were so tasty and the portion size was perfect. I saw lots of things in WOD but didn’t buy anything as it was just manic as we passed Amorette’s we saw they had some beautiful Christmas desserts and purchased a Christmas Bauble to share - holy moly this was so good (much better than the hot chocolate cup from Toothsome). It was the perfect end to our visit to DS.

It was decided that a night time visit to SeaWorld was in order, we knew we might not stay long as the weather forecast wasn’t great. We managed a few hours with several rides and a walk through the Christmas food stalls. The Decorations throughout the park are just so beautiful and they really don’t miss any opportunity to pop sparkly lights wherever they can! After being caught out by the rain we agreed to was time to make a move. I had been sent a voucher for a slice of free pie at The Village Inn and as it was only around the corner we made the decision to stop there for dinner. The restaurant was empty apart from a couple of servers but we had nothing to worry about the service was fantastic and all the food we ordered was hot and delicious To drink we had 3 glasses of white wine, 1 strawberry lemonade and 2 sodas. Cooper had a chicken, avocado and bacon toasted sandwich with fries (he ate it all!), Adam had the meatloaf with mash, gravy and broccoli, Mum had the tomato basil soup, I had the chicken pot pie with a side salad (so good!) and my dad had donut holes with cherry pie filling We all really enjoyed our own dishes and there was plenty of choice on the Menu. For dessert I had the Candy Cane Cream Pie (amazeballs), Adam had the Key Lime Pie (Bahama Breeze is better) and Mum had Banana Cream Pie (she loved this). We had the best time here, great service, great food and lovely relaxed atmosphere. We will definitely return! A very reasonable $79 plus tip.

Thank you for reading
Old 22 Dec 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The Christmas bauble from Amorettes looks so cute. A shame you got caught in the rain, but it sounds like you had a packed day what with shopping, DS and then seaworld too. No wonder you were hungry for pie. I can't decide which of the pies I think I'd have had. Key lime is my go to, but your festive candy cane sounds good and so does your mum's banana pie as I love a bannoffee!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The Christmas bauble from Amorettes looks so cute. A shame you got caught in the rain, but it sounds like you had a packed day what with shopping, DS and then seaworld too. No wonder you were hungry for pie. I can't decide which of the pies I think I'd have had. Key lime is my go to, but your festive candy cane sounds good and so does your mum's banana pie as I love a bannoffee!
The bauble from Amorettes was worth the visit to DS! I am not a dessert person (I prefer savoury) and honestly we had a great dessert day I think if you went to Village Inn you would be overwhelmed by the choices of pie, there was fruit pies, cream pies and baked pies. Cooper helped me eat the candy cane pie and declared it the best pie he had ever eaten It has been great to eat at new (to us) off site restaurants this trip. Thank you so much for reading and commenting xx
Old 23 Dec 19, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Breakfast at First Watch, Late Lunch at Yard House

We all had a sleep in this morning- 7am! Cooper requested Avocado Toast so we headed off to First Watch. This is another of our ‘go to’ restaurants, there really is so much variety on the menu. We were seated straight away and you are given coffee as soon as you sit down, so between us we had 3 coffee’s and 2 waters. Cooper and Mum had the avocado toast (Cooper added a side of bacon), my Dad had a waffle, Adam had Turkey Gravy and Biscuits and I had the breakfast burrito (pulled pork, breakfast potatoes, scrambled egg, cheese, beans and avocado). Everything was awesome, our server was a bit brusque but I think it may have been because it was very busy.

My apologies for the biscuits and gravy pic, it looks awful but tastes delicious! Approximately $70 plus tip and it was all incredibly filling.

We then split up, the boys went to watch the new Star Wars Movie and Mum and I went shopping (we were just following the rain protocol ) Florida Mall wasn’t too busy and we just mooched around the shops until 2.30pm which meant Adam was able to pick us up after the movie so we could all have a late lunch together. It is about a 15 minute walk to Yard House, which meant I could definitely have a cocktail! We were seated straight away even though it was heaving. We got a huge booth beside the window and had a ball people watching. To drink we got a glass of sav blanc, a Sam Adams, a sprite, a pint of Florida lager and a Pineapple Express cocktail for me. My cocktail was fab, full of fresh pineapple and mint Cooper had the turkey meatball spaghetti with fries, Mum had coconut shrimp (there were 4 on the plate!) I had a buffalo chicken sandwich with fries, my Dad has the hawaiian Chicken Tacos and Adam had the Southern Fried Chicken Dinner, this came with creamed corn, bbq beans and spinach mashed potato. I am going to sound like a broken record, it was all delicious! My chicken was nice and spicy, Adam’s meal was perfectly complimented by the sides, Mum loved her dipping sauces and my Dad demolished his tacos. Alcohol bumped up our bill to just over $100 plus tip. Still cheaper than Disney

It has been an easy day today and we have all enjoyed the relaxed pace. I can’t believe we are halfway through our trip however we are just so thankful to be here and we really are enjoying every moment!

Thank you for reading