Notices

Old 18 Jun 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Fastpass day tomorrow for the onsite days, I think I am slowly but surely losing the plot with it all! Availability is looking much worse for FOP and Slinky than I had been expecting based on looking at things 60 days out when I did ADRs. I need to swap things around somehow but am getting in a right mess. Any suggestions welcomed! On the upside, I have now also got one anytime FP each per onsite day (excluding Pandora and Toy Story Land) after I had a moan about the upgrading magic bands fiasco, which will help a bit and give some flexibility

Sunday 18th - move from Universal to Disney late morning. Chef Mickey 2pm. Epcot late afternoon. Book Test Track (or maybe Frozen?), Figment and maybe characters?
Monday 19th - AK for EMH. I won’t be able to get FOP this day, at least not at a reasonable time to fit with plans. Book Navi, Safari and Kali River, and try to cover Everest, Primeval Whirl and Dinosaur in EMH. Possibly eating at Rainforest Cafe too, but still not 100% on that
Tuesday 20th - MK, have a Tony’s reservation at 12.10 with parade viewing. I thought the parade was 2, but it now seems to be 3.
Wednesday 21st - MK, with BOG breakfast at 8.20. Food plans still a mess for this day, as I have either a 1pm Crystal Palace or an 8.45pm Storybook Dining.
Thursday 22nd - Meant to be HS. However it is looking unlikely we will get an AM Slinky FP. It is also my birthday. We have a Sanaa reservation at 5. Should I dump HS for this day and go to AK again for FOP?
Friday 23rd. Garden Grill at 8.10, was planning to do Soarin straight after and stay in Epcot. But I think we will have to then go on to HS to be able to do Slinky. With hindsight, Garden Grill and Epcot might be better on one of our MK days, but I can’t now get it
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

How did your FP day go? Nice result on the magic band issue too by the way! 👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
How did your FP day go? Nice result on the magic band issue too by the way! 👍
Yes, although I’d still like to get the boys the magic bands I promised before I discovered what a nightmare it would be, it’s a nice benefit to have.

FP day wasn’t great to be honest, I could only get Slinky for the evening of our last onsite day when I really want to be in our villa not in a park, and FOP only on the evening of the 21st which also messes with our plans

So I have ended up with
Sun 18th - afternoon Mission Space, Frozen, Figment
Mon 19th - morning Animation Experience (probably a nightmare with a 3 year old, but the other two will love it!), Kilimanjaro Safari, Navi River
Tues 20th - morning Space Mountain/ Dumbo (for me and Barnaby!), Buzz, Meet Mickey and Minnie)
Wed 21st - MK in the morning with no FP, AK late afternoon Kali, Everest, FOP (need to modify Everest to something else for me and Barnaby)
Thurs 22nd - morning TSM, RNR/ Disney Junior, Star Tours
Fri 23rd - morning Epcot with no FP, evening TOT and Slinky (TOT was hard to get too)
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Yes, although I’d still like to get the boys the magic bands I promised before I discovered what a nightmare it would be, it’s a nice benefit to have.

FP day wasn’t great to be honest, I could only get Slinky for the evening of our last onsite day when I really want to be in our villa not in a park, and FOP only on the evening of the 21st which also messes with our plans

So I have ended up with
Sun 18th - afternoon Mission Space, Frozen, Figment
Mon 19th - morning Animation Experience (probably a nightmare with a 3 year old, but the other two will love it!), Kilimanjaro Safari, Navi River
Tues 20th - morning Space Mountain/ Dumbo (for me and Barnaby!), Buzz, Meet Mickey and Minnie)
Wed 21st - MK in the morning with no FP, AK late afternoon Kali, Everest, FOP (need to modify Everest to something else for me and Barnaby)
Thurs 22nd - morning TSM, RNR/ Disney Junior, Star Tours
Fri 23rd - morning Epcot with no FP, evening TOT and Slinky (TOT was hard to get too)
Some good ones there, such a pain you didn't have more luck with Slinky and FOP ☹ with any luck nearer the time you will be able to modify them - keeping everything crossed for you 🤞🤞
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Some good ones there, such a pain you didn't have more luck with Slinky and FOP ☹ with any luck nearer the time you will be able to modify them - keeping everything crossed for you 🤞🤞
Thank you, I will keep looking. I would really like to change Slinky as i’d really rather be settling into the villa and relaxing that evening, fingers crossed something will come up
Old 3 Jul 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

So it’s July, we are going next month! A bit scary, I feel quite disorganised for someone who has been planning for over a year!

A miracle has just occurred, at the millionth time of trying to get the magic band upgrades, I have finally checked out successfully! After reading about all the problems I will believe it when I actually see them, but in theory we have Groot and Rocket for Alex, Captain America for Sebastian, Fantastia Mickey for Barnaby and Spaceship Earth for David. I have plain purple as there was nothing I was that desperate for
Old 3 Jul 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

So it’s July, we are going next month! A bit scary, I feel quite disorganised for someone who has been planning for over a year!

A miracle has just occurred, at the millionth time of trying to get the magic band upgrades, I have finally checked out successfully! After reading about all the problems I will believe it when I actually see them, but in theory we have Groot and Rocket for Alex, Captain America for Sebastian, Fantastia Mickey for Barnaby and Spaceship Earth for David. I have plain purple as there was nothing I was that desperate for
Woohoo! Just a shame nothing took your fancy - that means you get to buy yourself an extra cocktail when you get there 😉😄
Old 3 Jul 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Woohoo! Just a shame nothing took your fancy - that means you get to buy yourself an extra cocktail when you get there 😉😄
good plan! The original idea was that I was just getting them for the kids, and we would both have plain, but David saw me looking at them the other day and liked it. I think there were some I liked over my weeks of looking, but nothing of the ones that were there today, and with the magic combination of Groot and Captain America available at the same time I couldn’t risk not getting them!
Old 16 Jul 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Four weeks to go! I’m not sure how organised I am!
I have finally booked airport parking, and have also just booked a tour at Amazing Animals which I am really excited about as it sounds great. I haven’t told the boys about that one, but I am hoping they will love it.
Old 16 Jul 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Four weeks to go! I’m not sure how organised I am!
I have finally booked airport parking, and have also just booked a tour at Amazing Animals which I am really excited about as it sounds great. I haven’t told the boys about that one, but I am hoping they will love it.
It's nearly here! I'm looking forward to your next trip report. I'm glad you got your parking sorted out. I was looking at options for ours next year a few days ago. Off to have a look at Amazing Animals as well allthough I'm desperately trying to cut out all of the add ons next year
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List