Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 15 Jul 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

VA Upper Class Wing – Car Drop Off Location Heathrow

We have managed to bag a sneaky trip on Virgin Upper Class to NYC in May next year, on the new A350 airplane.

One of the perks is being dropped off by car / taxi at the Upper Class Wing and being “whisked” through security etc. – well we quite fancy trying that thank you very much

Now the instructions on the Virgin web site seem pretty easy:

When you arrive at London Heathrow, ask your driver to turn left before the usual T3 drop off location, following the 'Virgin Upper Class Wing' sign.

At the top of the ramp, ask your driver to park in one of the bays.
We'll meet you and take you through the Wing to the Clubhouse.

But I have only ever flown from Heathrow once in living memory (live near Glasgow) and used the Tube to get to Terminal 2, so while the above sounds easy………….

I have a concern I would get an Uber driver who has never been there and I have no way to direct them as I have never been there before.

So for those that have, would it take a really quite silly person, to miss this sign they talk of above, is it really easy to see?
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

It is a great experience! It's not that well signposted to be honest but fortunately the taxi drivers (not uber) we have had have all know where it is. We let them know on booking that it's the upper class wing we're going to.

You know you have to book into the upper class wing, can't just drive up to it?

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

I have a vague memory of having to phone during the journey with the registration number of the taxi so the barrier will rise magically as you approach.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

You don’t have to call to book the car in anymore. That changed last year.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
The UC wing is quite well signposted now, it's on the left before you get to the main T3 drop off point.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
You don’t have to call to book the car in anymore. That changed last year.
Yes, but do you still need to call a few days before to book to use upper class wing? This is what I've always done

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mary A View Post
Yes, but do you still need to call a few days before to book to use upper class wing? This is what I've always done
I’ve never called to use the wing, it’s part of the ticket. They know you’re coming. You just used to have to call to give the number plate of the vehicle you were arriving in.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mary A View Post
Hi - no, as has been posted above, there is no need to call ahead to book into the UCW any more - you just get to the barrier and get the driver to give your name and flight and they let you in.

This is from the Virgin Atlantic site:

If you’re flying Virgin Atlantic Upper Class, or Delta One, we invite you to take advantage of the Upper Class Wing by arriving in your own private car or taxi.

We want you to enjoy the best of what the Upper Class Wing can offer so please note the following:
1.Remember to check in online when it opens 24 hours prior to flight departure, to add your APIS details to ensure your smooth transition through the Upper Class Wing.
2.When you arrive at London Heathrow, ask your driver to turn left before the usual T3 drop off location, following the ‘Virgin Upper Class Wing’ sign.
3.At the top of the ramp, ask your driver to park in one of the bays.
4.A member of our team will be there to meet you.
5.Please arrive at the Upper Class Wing at least 50 minutes prior to departure (60 minutes for Delta customers)
6.The wing is for drop off only; there’s no parking.
7.The maximum vehicle height is 4.4 metres, weight is 7.5 tonnes and length is 5.8 metres.
8.Unfortunately, we can’t accept stretched chauffeur cars or oversized vehicles like Humvees.

Hope this helps
MarkJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Thanks everyone !
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List