Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Oct 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sainsbury’s smart shop

Anyone been using this. I download it but says under construction for past 3 weeks .
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I use the smart shop in store nowadays, much quicker and by packing the bag just the once it’s so much more convenient, is that the one you mean ?
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

We have been using it for the last month. Quite like it, particularly bagging your stuff in your trolley as you go round. X

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Lovesholidays View Post
I use the smart shop in store nowadays, much quicker and by packing the bag just the once it’s so much more convenient, is that the one you mean ?

Yes I took my phone in the shop and it worked fine I should have done that in the 1st place

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
We have been using it for the last month. Quite like it, particularly bagging your stuff in your trolley as you go round. X
yep much easier
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sunjue100
VIP Dibber

sunjue100's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
UseD it for the first time this morning, very quick and easy and no checkout wait.
Old 13 Oct 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I assume it's the same as what Asda do namely you scan your goods and then bag them with no check out person involved?

As an aside what nut case in Sainsbury's decided to get rid of the little bags for loose fruit and veg? So you either pay for a reusable little bag or put your stuff in the trolley loose on the 'rungs' and hope some seagull hasn't crapped on there.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
As an aside what nut case in Sainsbury's decided to get rid of the little bags for loose fruit and veg? So you either pay for a reusable little bag or put your stuff in the trolley loose on the 'rungs' and hope some seagull hasn't crapped on there.
Annoying as it is, I can see why the little plastic bags have been banned but I refuse to pay 30p for just one of their reusable mesh bags. To be fair, their policy is that you can also take in your own containers and with the new scan and go system, once you've weighed and scanned your loose vegetables and fruit, they can go straight in your own bags avoiding the need to put them in direct contact with the trolley. Not many (any) seagulls round here in south-east London though!

As an aside, how wrong does it feel now when you go into Walmart and come out with dozens of carrier bags, some with one item in. Tell the cashier not to bag something and they look at you as if you've lost the plot.

Debra

Edited at 02:05 PM.
Tetrarch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I assume it's the same as what Asda do namely you scan your goods and then bag them with no check out person involved?

I always just take a little container and use that
Old 13 Oct 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Tetrarch View Post
Annoying as it is, I can see why the little plastic bags have been banned but I refuse to pay 30p for just one of their reusable mesh bags. To be fair, their policy is that you can also take in your own containers and with the new scan and go system, once you've weighed and scanned your loose vegetables and fruit, they can go straight in your own bags avoiding the need to put them in direct contact with the trolley. Not many (any) seagulls round here in south-east London though!

As an aside, how wrong does it feel now when you go into Walmart and come out with dozens of carrier bags, some with one item in. Tell the cashier not to bag something and they look at you as if you've lost the plot.

Debra

Debra. I suspect we will have some M & S paper bags away and use them. I cope with taking the big reusable carrier bags but I draw the line at taking containers especially when they still sell tons of fruit and veg pre packed in plastic.
To be honest our local one is awful but their fruit and veg is good. We buy that and leave.
I bring all the Walmart/Publix bags home and use them out the garage for packing stuff away to keep it dry or wrap junk up to sling out.

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
I always just take a little container and use that
Kevin. The amount of carrots my Wife buys I would need a carrier bag! All credit to you though for being environmentally conscious.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 02:15 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tetrarch View Post

Debra
We bring our reusable bags to Publix & Target; just a year ago, some looked at us as if we were odd; however, on our trips in June & September 2019, many commented that they appreciated us doing this.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List