Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Oct 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparky
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Global Entry Interview

Does anyone know if MCO offer walk in interviews for Global Entry? I can see they are in the list but not sure if they do.

Disneyworld - Florida, 81,93,06,07,14,16,18,22,23,24
Disneyland - California, 89
Disneyland - Paris, 02,04,05,07,12
Sparky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
They do. My Wife and I were amongst the first ones who completed the process at the desk.
Here is the big but though! It all depends on 2 things. The volume of passengers coming through and the availability of IO's who are trained on the system
My advice is book your interview and get that as a fallback option. Then speak to a Greeter as you line up to see an IO and tell him/her what you want, you may strike lucky.

The process takes about 15mins and don't be surprised by the info they have on you! He swung his screen so I could see all our photos of our last 30+ visits.

If you do complete at the desk that automatically cancels your appointment.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

yep we did it after tom morrow suggested and it worked fine. The only hitch was trying to find someone who knew about it, at that time. We were passed to a few different people before someone said yep ok over there.

Once we were with someone, it was all very nice and easy. Completed in 15 mins and he said you should get an email with your code in it within 24hrs. the email arrived as we were walking away.

GE has been utterly brilliant for us. On entering the states, we bypass the normal queue and go straight to the GE machines and it doesnt even ask for our passport any more it just takes a photo for facial recognition and prints out the ticket.

On the way out, the TSA Pre queue is always much better than the normal, dont need to remove laptops, food etc.

It's been well worth doing
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

We completed on arrival at the end of June this year. We had to complete immigration with one officer while they located another trained to do it. As it turned out the only one on duty was manning another desk. He closed his desk and we moved over and he processed us but I believe they are much more reluctant to take a desk out of use if there is a large queue built up in the immigration hall. As we were the only flight in at the time we were lucky.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
stuiedo
Proud to wear my Ears

Would this be a good option for a family of 4? So we dont have to go through the long customs queues?

We have an indirect flight through JFK next Easter, with a 1 1/2 transit time. So cutting it fine.

Would signing up and doing the interview save time? And what if you are travelling with kids?
stuiedo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Everybody would need to sign up otherwise those who haven't still have to queue up. Plus there is the cost aspect of paying the Home Office to conduct checks and the US Govt as well. Not cheap.

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
stuiedo
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks Tom Morrow. Just looked up and yeah costs a bit for a family of 4.

But would it actually be quicker do you think? Or do you think by the time all four of us have been interviewed it would have been quicker to go through the main queue?
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by stuiedo View Post

But would it actually be quicker do you think? Or do you think by the time all four of us have been interviewed it would have been quicker to go through the main queue?
At MCO you still go through the main queue and ask at the end for an officer to process you, not sure if this is the case at other airports.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
stuiedo
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
At MCO you still go through the main queue and ask at the end for an officer to process you, not sure if this is the case at other airports.
Ok, thanks. Seems like it wont be a time saver for us on this occasion then,
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by stuiedo View Post

Everything to me hinges on how often you enter the States. Once a year I wouldn't bother with GE. Twice probably, any more then a big yes.

However we had to line up as normal in August as our Granddaughter was with us. Still only took 20 mins to get through. But if we were on our own with GE it would be 2 mins.