Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jul 06, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by wilma-bride
Aah, yes, but then I wouldn't subject my children to my smoking (or, where possible, anybody else's) and that is the point of my OP. If I choose to smoke, that is one thing but I wouldn't put my children in danger by smoking near/with them.
I don't understand why you are 'putting them in danger' by going on this ride? If you are worried about their health then a check up at the doctors might allay your fears rather than avoiding this particular ride, as it has been said elsewhere, 36.6 million people have ridden this ride with no problems.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 06, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by daveyoghurt
I don't understand why you are 'putting them in danger' by going on this ride? If you are worried about their health then a check up at the doctors might allay your fears rather than avoiding this particular ride, as it has been said elsewhere, 36.6 million people have ridden this ride with no problems.
Dave, I think perhaps you have taken what I said out of context. My statement regarding putting them in danger was referring to smoking near/around them. I was trying to make a comparison between that (ie inflicting something on them over which they have no control and which could damage their health) and the decision over whether or not they will ride MS (ie let them make the decision, rather than me make it for them). The statement about smoking was also a direct response to another poster's comment about people ignoring the health warnings on cigarette packets.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 06, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Just found this thread that was started while I was away, some really interesting views here. Whilst appreciating the OP's concerns as a parent, surely if your children are in apparent good health and there are no age or height restrictions against it, do they not get a choice in whether they wish to do it? Obviously as a parent you can veto this if necessary.
Done Mission Space several times, not even remotely unwell though did see some green ill-looking types leaning against the wall as we exited. Don't know why it amuses me when it's strapping blokes?
Personally, I'm far more likely to have a brain haemorrhage on IASW from fear of the Chuckies!

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 06, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Friday'sChild
Imagineer

Friday'sChild's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Willma-Bride I can see totally where your coming from, we unwittingly went on this ride last year and even my brother who is very ride friendly came off very green at the gills and had a roaring headache for the rest of the day. I felt sick and dizzy and wouldn't go on the blasted thing again if you gave me all the tea in China

Prevention is better than a cure and if you are worried now my advice would be steer clear of it

Fran
x x
Friday'sChild is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 06, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Scarlett's_mum
Serious Dibber

Ok guys, here's where I get blown out of the water. All the family went on Mission Space back in 2004, and everyone found it boring .

My Dad who was 68 at the time, has since found he has mild angina, so we certainly won't be riding again. My children were 11, 9 and 6, and were seriously unimpressed.

I have read about the toned down version and think we'll give that a go. Is it part of the same ride or is it a separate attraction?

It's not as if there's nothing else to do at Epcot !

Licia

Licia
Caribbean Beach Resort - October 2004
Animal Kingdom Lodge - October 2006 / 2008 / 2011 /2014/2018
Scarlett's_mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 06, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
twinklebelle
Imagineer

We decided to stay clear of this ride last year too after hearing about it giving people headaches or in the worst cases people tragically dying. I think it was for the best, we didn't want to lose precious hours or days out of our holiday because one or all of us became unwell. I know that the odds of this happening to me are small, and that there are a lot of things in everyday life that are a lot more 'dangerous' then going on this ride, it was a risk that didn't have to be taken so we didn't take it.

DLP: 98,99,02,05,09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17 and hopefully 21!
And going again - just don't know when!
twinklebelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread