Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Jul 06, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Irish
Imagineer

Animal Kingdom v Busch Gardens

I don't think we are going to have time to visit both parks which would you recommend and what are some of the best attractions at each one
Old 18 Jul 06, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
They are very different parks - depends what you want - thrilling coasters at Busch or the Disney Experience at AK, you won't see a show like the Lion King at Busch, while Busch has 4 big excellent coasters, a few smaller ones, good water rides.

We have only been to Busch twice, and AK twice, We're doing both this year, as we like Busch so much and want to do Everest at AK.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 06, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
simker
Very Serious Dibber

I personally have never been to Busch (still on the to do list). But from waht I know it depends on what you want.

If you want thrill rides then perhaps Busch.

If you love the magic, it has to be AK.

I suggest that if time is a pressure the drive to Busch would not be worthwhile with AK so central.
11/2001 (Embassy vacation resort LBV) 6/2005 (southern dunes villa), 05/2007 (Sandy Ridge villa), 12/2008 (Bass Lakes villa), 12/ 2011 (Lake Wilson villa), 7/2014 (Regal Palms), 8/2016 (Sandy Ridge villa), 9/2018 (Lake Davenport Villa), 9/2019 (Sandy Ridge Villa)

simker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 06, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Mike
Imagineer

Busch is a full day commitment, with an hour - 1.5 drive each way. Loads to do there, lots of coasters etc, plus animals for the kids..

AK is 'do-able' in just over 1/2 day.. more attractive theming than BG, butwith a limited number of thrill rides (although Everest is superb!)
Mike is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 06, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
lesley1960
Imagineer

I hated Busch Gardens , it was a few years ago we went though
lesley1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 06, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Busch gardens is a Blackpool Pleasure Beach with sun. It has three or four good coasters and very little else. Considering they both have the same parent company there is no way you can compare Busch to Sea World. I felt the park was shabby, not dirty, but needed a damn good spruce up.

AK is probably one of Disneys nicest parks, you can indeed do the rides in a little over half a day, especially using FP, even in August. However that means ignoring the trails and walkways throughout the park. AK is a park to be taken at a slower pace, especially as it always feels warmer there, or is that just me?

I missed the turn off for Busch it is not posted anything like as well las the Orlando attractions. The drive is not too bad but I used a full tank of fuel getting their and back to WDW, too hot to turn the aircon off, and there were no scuffers around either.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 06, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
LargerBaloo
Imagineer

LargerBaloo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Busch every day of the week and twice on Sundays...

Disney experience you will get at the other parks...

Only downside to Bush is you have to get to Tampa!
LargerBaloo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 06, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post

We have never done Busch Gardens - may consider it if we go back next year - but AK is a lovely day out! It can easily be done in half a day but it is well worth taking the time to have a good wander around!
It's much more relaxing than the other parks with superb theming and lots of nice shaded areas to escape to when the sun gets too much!
The trails and scenery are beautiful! Now with the addition of Everest i'd say it's definately not to be missed! The Lion King Show is well worth the admission alone!
Old 18 Jul 06, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
buffy
Excited about Disney

what is the best day to visit busch gardens
Old 18 Jul 06, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post

if animal kingdom didnt have everest i wouldnt go to it,not saying i dont like the place but we've had 3 days there and last year didnt seem special anymore.we went to busch gardens once last year and we all cant wait to go back there next may
Closed Thread