Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Sep 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Only two days to go now, we’re going shopping later for a few last minute bits.

My stomach is churning just writing this! I’m going to miss her so much.

I hardly see her these days as she’s with her bf a lot but it’s different knowing she’s going to turn up at any time.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

My stomach churned for about a week before,

We are currently getting about 8 whatsapp messages a day on the family group - started at 12 so slipping gradually to zero I imagine! includes pictures of food she has cooked every day to show she is not just eating rubbish.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

Good luck to all those teens (and parents!) who are off this weekend. Dd is going to a local uni so will be living at home to save money as it is such a long course. Hope they all settle in well and enjoy freshers week.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
rhyger
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
My stomach churned for about a week before,

We are currently getting about 8 whatsapp messages a day on the family group - started at 12 so slipping gradually to zero I imagine! includes pictures of food she has cooked every day to show she is not just eating rubbish.
You are so lucky! Haven't heard anything from ds since we took him on Sat. I messaged him yest and got 1 sentence reply so at least he's alive. I'm flitting between being really cross with him as he could get in touch and glad that he's getting on with it.
I know he has a free day tmrw so he may get in touch then 😡
rhyger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by rhyger View Post
You are so lucky! Haven't heard anything from ds since we took him on Sat. I messaged him yest and got 1 sentence reply so at least he's alive. I'm flitting between being really cross with him as he could get in touch and glad that he's getting on with it.
I know he has a free day tmrw so he may get in touch then 😡
My ds was like that last year and is still like it now !
Think of it like you’ve raised an independent child and he’s off living his life with the skills you taught him (it is extremely annoying though )
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I’d be interested to see how all your dropping off days go .
I had it in my head we’d drop his stuff to his room, go shopping for food and other things he needs and then a meal before leaving ..
We managed the room bit ,got half way through the shopping bit and then he was like “all my flat mates are going out so... “
ok bye then !😂😭
On reflection that made it easier as we knew he would be just fine and wanted to just get on with things
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

We whatapp quite a lot - more than we ever did when he lived at home! We all send lots of random photos!

It is still though just a snapshot of his life - quite hard to let go!
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
Only two days to go now, we’re going shopping later for a few last minute bits.

My stomach is churning just writing this! I’m going to miss her so much.

I hardly see her these days as she’s with her bf a lot but it’s different knowing she’s going to turn up at any time.
I’m beginning to feel the same and I have an extra week with her. Good luck for the move MM, I hope both you and your DD are ok on the day xx
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
I’d be interested to see how all your dropping off days go .
I had it in my head we’d drop his stuff to his room, go shopping for food and other things he needs and then a meal before leaving ..
We managed the room bit ,got half way through the shopping bit and then he was like “all my flat mates are going out so... “
ok bye then !😂😭
On reflection that made it easier as we knew he would be just fine and wanted to just get on with things
My DD has suggested we go for a meal together as it may be the last decent meals she gets for a while 😂 (which shouldn’t be true as she can cook a bit now) but we are prepared to fit in with whatever she wants on the day. I’m expecting it to be quite a difficult day for us all though 😢
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

When our boys went it wasn’t as easy to keep in touch, but they both rang regularly and texted, especially the first year.

I’m expecting Georgia to message more as she does anyway but it’s not the same as having a long chat at home