Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Jun 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

upgrading to DxDDP .. do you guys think its worth it ?

hi ive booked beach club for us for next year but its my parents first visit and all my mum has talked about is taking the boys to see the princesses .. well the boys are now nearly 17 but they are happy to go with whatever she wants as they know its a huge deal her coming (she is terrified of flying).

im planning on booking a few character meals and we do love yauchtsman so a few 2ts meals and when ive looked we can upgrade to DxDDP.

what do you think ?

also has anyone done this and if so did you have to do so within a certain time frame ?

Thanks
Lisa x
Old 10 Jun 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

For my money all DDPs introduce more food that I can eat, so if it were me, I would stick to the DDP and have some 2TS but equally days when I have no TS meals.

This give the whole planning thing much more flexibility.

Disney332
Old 10 Jun 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
It does always tickle me when people say there is too much food on the ddp, my daughter and myself never left anything on our plates. We do walk at a route march pace so always hungry. We are considering doing the deluxe next time and turning it into a more foodie holiday. You also get starters as well.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerSmee
Trainee Dibber

We have upgraded our package to DxDDP. As we were in the same mindset as you. I worked out that each credit was worth around £20 to us, so we decided that it was a good deal for us.
When I spoke to Disney on the phone, they told me that I could add the DxDDP on to my booking up to 7 days before arrival.

Hope this helps!
TinkerSmee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

We find DDP too much, and booking a couple of 2xTS meals gives us some relief - we stopped enjoying the last meals, and end up traing CS credits for sweets to bring home.

Unfortunately, DxDDP would be too much for us.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
It does always tickle me when people say there is too much food on the ddp, my daughter and myself never left anything on our plates. We do walk at a route march pace so always hungry. We are considering doing the deluxe next time and turning it into a more foodie holiday. You also get starters as well.
My theory is a combination of heat and drinking more fluids fills me up, or conversely makes me less hungry

Disney332
Old 10 Jun 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

If you are in 2 rooms could you upgrade one to DxDP and share the extra credits?
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We did DxDDP once and whilst we like our food I found that when we did DDP this was more than sufficient. I think whether it’s worth it depends on you as a family. If you think it will give your mum more options and want to have it all paid before you go it may be worth it to you. Have a great trip.
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

A very personal thing. I absolutely would not ever under any circumstances. Like a previous poster we have a few 2TS meals do we can fit some snacks in and have a break from the constant full meal eating. I can’t get through the normal DDP offerings as it is. If you’ve never had the plan before I really would try the normal one first. It’s also a massive amount of time spent in restaurants not in the parks. Finally your tips will be enormous. To each their own though. I’m sure my husband would do it if I’d let him 😂
Old 10 Jun 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We always upgrade and usually have breakfast and signature evening meals each day.
We never find it too much, however do end up bringing treats home with the snack credits.

We have 2 rooms at Beach Club booked next year and have only upgraded ourselves and 3 year old granddaughter in one room to DDDP.

As children’s DDDP credits are not specifically assigned for children, we are likely to pool all the credits and pay out of pocket for some meals.

The standard credits will cover character buffets and the Deluxe will be used where we have options for appetisers.

It really does come down to planning and personal choice

Dawn