Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 1 Aug 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

Thanks to everyone for their help so far. He’s been trying to sort things out all day and still no joy. It has been an absolute labour of love for him so far and he’s really disappointed. He’s tried everything suggested so he’s going to give the new cable a go tomorrow. If not, we’ll have to take it in somewhere for him. In response to an earlier question, he’s 15 and we’re really proud of how hard he’s worked at it. He’s spent hours reading and researching and used pretty much every bit of cash he could save on it so it’s gutting to have got to this point.
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 05:46 AM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by holidaysaver75 View Post
Thanks to everyone for their help so far. He’s been trying to sort things out all day and still no joy. It has been an absolute labour of love for him so far and he’s really disappointed. He’s tried everything suggested so he’s going to give the new cable a go tomorrow. If not, we’ll have to take it in somewhere for him. In response to an earlier question, he’s 15 and we’re really proud of how hard he’s worked at it. He’s spent hours reading and researching and used pretty much every bit of cash he could save on it so it’s gutting to have got to this point.
It feels like a real achievement when it's all built and up and running.. I've been building my own PC's for years now so I really do hope he gets it sorted!

I would definitely advise however if the cable doesn't work for him to look into RMA the motherboard where he got it from as they can test it and replace it.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 06:09 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Sorry I missed this thread - right up my street !
I'm not sure if anyone asked this but when the machine is powered on does the light come on when you press the nuke lock key ? If it doesnt that indicates the main CPU isn't running.

I may have missed some posts here so sorry if I have duplicated

If he is adding or removing components from the motherboard please make sure he has switched off the mains power (removing mains cable) and let it discharged for 30 seconds before touching the motherboard.

If it is a gaming PC does it have the coloured LED fans on the front panel? Do they work?

Keep us posted - we are here to help you

I recently built a PC (having not build one for over 10 years) and there is definitely a sense of achievement when something appears on the screen.

We will help you get there !
Old 2 Aug 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

OP - Feel free to message me directly if needed, like I said I've been building my own PC's for a few years and actually work in IT
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Sorry I missed this thread - right up my street !
I'm not sure if anyone asked this but when the machine is powered on does the light come on when you press the nuke lock key ? If it doesnt that indicates the main CPU isn't running.

I may have missed some posts here so sorry if I have duplicated

If he is adding or removing components from the motherboard please make sure he has switched off the mains power (removing mains cable) and let it discharged for 30 seconds before touching the motherboard.

If it is a gaming PC does it have the coloured LED fans on the front panel? Do they work?

Keep us posted - we are here to help you

I recently built a PC (having not build one for over
10 years) and there is definitely a sense of achievement when something appears on the screen.

We will help you get there !
Yes the case does have rgb fans on the front panel, which do work.
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Yes the case does have rgb fans on the front panel, which do work.
If you press the number lock button on the keyboard does the light come on?
Old 2 Aug 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

UPDATE- ITS FINALLY WORKING.

Hi all, we appreciate all the help you advised and with all that, we managed to get it working. After the arrival of the mini hdmi to the hdmi, we plugged it into the graphics card and turned it all on, and we were able to boot it! Yet again, thank you for all the help and it is greatly appreciated!

Edited at 11:45 AM.
Old 2 Aug 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

From a grateful mum, just to echo DS1’s thanks above. Another great example of how wonderful the Dibb community is!
Old 3 Aug 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

UPDATE- ITS FINALLY WORKING.

Hi all, we appreciate all the help you advised and with all that, we managed to get it working. After the arrival of the mini hdmi to the hdmi, we plugged it into the graphics card and turned it all on, and we were able to boot it! Yet again, thank you for all the help and it is greatly appreciated!
I'm really glad it got sorted. As I said in an earlier post there is something very satisfy about booting a self built PC and stuff appearing on the screen !