Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 Aug 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
TSA Say They Have NOT Banned Star Wars Themed Soda Bottles

Star Wars Galaxy's Edge and Disney Fans were shocked to read in the Media that the Themed Soda bottles that look like Grenades were banned by TSA from being brought on to an Aircraft.

It turns out that the Ban story originated from a tweet by AskTSA where they were asked if the soda bottles would be allowed on Aircraft to which the responder from AskTSA replied intimating that they wouldn't be allowed.

TSA have now put out a statement saying they are not banned and that they have instructed their officers to treat the Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Soda bottles as "oversized liquid"

The full statement is HERE

“The issue concerning Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge-themed soda bottles has recently been brought to our attention by the general public, as these items could reasonably be seen by some as replica hand grenades. We appreciate the concerns being raised, because replica explosives are not permitted in either carry-on or checked bags.

We have completed our review, and instructed our officers to treat these as an oversized liquid. Because these bottles contain liquids larger than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters), they should be put in checked baggage or emptied to be brought on as carry-on item. TSA officers will maintain the discretion to prohibit any item through the screening checkpoint if they believe it poses a security threat.”
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SWGE_Coke.jpg
Views:	19287
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	65410  

Edited at 09:21 AM.
Stu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

If u put these in your hold luggage full would they not explode with the pressure?
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
If u put these in your hold luggage full would they not explode with the pressure?
The hold is pressurised the same as the cabin.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Good clear unambiguous update and thanx

Disney332
Old 31 Aug 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Thank you so much Stu, cleared it up at last.
Old 31 Aug 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

I was extremely happy to read this, totally agree , I like to hear from the horses mouth what goes and what doesn’t go...so to speak 😊

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

I would not believe what the TSA say 100%. As per the official statement, it's still at the officers discretion. Many of us have seen TSA officers on a power-trip as they know the nanosecond you say anything, you're either to the back of the queue or not flying.

In MCO I've seen passengers removed from the zig-zag queue after the passport / boarding pass check for muttering expletives about how slow the line was moving. Think they were just taken right to the back of the line as punishment for their words.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Great to have a clarified and defining decision on this , that at least shows some common sense.
I know of people who have already brought these home, as they had passholder viewing of Galaxys's Edge. Seemed so ridiculous you could not bring home a momento that looks so similar to Christmas baubles!

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
I would not believe what the TSA say 100%. As per the official statement, it's still at the officers discretion. Many of us have seen TSA officers on a power-trip as they know the nanosecond you say anything, you're either to the back of the queue or not flying.

In MCO I've seen passengers removed from the zig-zag queue after the passport / boarding pass check for muttering expletives about how slow the line was moving. Think they were just taken right to the back of the line as punishment for their words.
The examples you quote are then doing their job. They aren’t on a power trip. Would you rather have them be lax with their checks and find your flight plummeting to the ground with a hole blown in the side of it?

And if someone was muttering expletives about them, then put to the back of the line is fair enough I’d say. What would you do in that case?
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
I've seen similar happen at Heathrow. Muttering expletives loud enough for security to hear, whilst only doing their job, can be very offensive especially when children are also in the line.