Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Oct 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Looking for a weighted blanket

I would like a weighted blanket for my Daughter and would really appreciated some recommendations.

Thanks

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mollysue
Helping Donald

We bought one for my daughter a few weeks ago koala weighted blanket, was quite expensive however it is good my daughter has anxiety problems and she is sleeping much better using this.😊
Mollysue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mollysue View Post
We bought one for my daughter a few weeks ago koala weighted blanket, was quite expensive however it is good my daughter has anxiety problems and she is sleeping much better using this.😊
Thanks, I’ll have a look

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Walmart usually have them.
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia Organa
Excited about Disney

Have you got an OT currently involved? Sometimes they will let you trial an item. There's quite a bit of guidance round using weighted blankets such as not leaving on overnight but removing once child is asleep. I know Fledglings do a weighted blanket
Leia Organa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 02:32 AM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

Costco have them if you are a member.
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
daftmum
Very Serious Dibber

My daughter has just bought this one on eBay. She loves it! This price was for the biggest heaviest version

I think the recommendation is 10% of body weight (my daughter is 18) she has asd and adhd and is already feeling the benefit of the blanket

Edited at 03:13 PM.
daftmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

The biggest issue with weighted blankets is they are user based depending on your personal needs/sensory requirements and so what works for one person won't for another
My local autism centre offers a try before you buy and I'm glad we did as ds really didn't like the weighted blanket he does however like the weighted teddy I made for him.

Another option is the new fidget bum blanket from chewigem
chewigem/product/fidget-bum/ We haven't tried it yet as they are new and kind of pricey but it seems like it might work well for ds as its meant to give them the comfort of extra pressure which is what he likes but without the added weight.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List