Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 10 Dec 19, 02:02 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cdavenport View Post
We put them in the loft or garage if you have either of them. We still keep them hidden until they’ve gone to bed and DD is 24 and DS is 20 😂
Do you think maybe the time is coming to have the Santa chat with at least the older one ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 02:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Floridatilly
Thankyou you've just brought back over 35 years
Of memories
I was 14 when I became the only child at home
Mum took in stored stuff for weeks for the whole village Dad and grandad built it and after Carol service ourhouse buzzed til well after midnight asomething that continued till Dad died in fact DS was heard to say last Christmas Eve Grandad you'd have had this kitchen and bike up ready for pick up tonight
Yes DH and I are on parcel delivery for the next generation first bike assembled Dolls pram all made up
Great fun
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 05:55 AM  
Link to this Post
cdavenport
Imagineer

cdavenport's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Do you think maybe the time is coming to have the Santa chat with at least the older one ?
Think I might have to sit them down and have the talk! 😂😂
Oct 93-Best Western, Oct '95-Villa Davenport, Oct '96-Hotel Kissimmee, Nov '98-Villa Westridge, Nov '00-Port Richey, Oct '02-Cypress Point/BlueTree Resort, Oct '03-Mystic Dunes, Dec '05-NYC/Westgate Resort/Regal Palms, Dec '07-Polynesian Isles/Regal Palms, May '09-Villa, Dec '09-Orange Lake Resort, Aug '10 SSR/Cypress Point/Indian Wells, Jul '12- Calabay Parc, Apr '14-Villa, Marbella Resort, Jul/Aug '15-SSR/Villa Cypress Point, Oct '16-Ramada Plaza Resort, Jul '17-OKW/Villa
cdavenport is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Garage would be perfect but we converted it a good few years back into a playroom.
Loft is not suitable, no boarding etc and a mess lol
And don’t talk to me about a shed! Our shed was there when we moved in and is now slanted and the bottom of the door is rotten. You can’t move in there with all my husbands stuff & tools. He was building a new one this summer because the size and quality he wants would be very expensive but it never materialised 🤨 enough said on that matter lol 😂😂
My big boxes idea was brilliant until reality hit 😂😂
surely your eldest is old enough to realise by now that size /amount of presents doesn't equate to not have the same amount of money spent on them, which would cut out the need for putting her stuff in big boxes.
Old 10 Dec 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
surely your eldest is old enough to realise by now that size /amount of presents doesn't equate to not have the same amount of money spent on them, which would cut out the need for putting her stuff in big boxes.
Yes she understands that lol
It was just my great idea which in reality is not that great lol
I thought it would also throw her off the scent of what each gift is (she wants earrings and would probably guess if she saw a small box but they are now wrapped in bubble wrap then a big box) I think I am going rather crazy lol

However my 13 year old does not realise size/volume or cost. He doesn’t get or understand money nor does he understand that a small gift is more than likely more expensive than a big gift.
He is the most great full person you could meet but if he came down on Christmas morning to find his pile far smaller than his baby brothers he would be upset.
His presents have to be wrapped in the same colour paper and placed in the same place every year or he could not cope.
So I have matched his presents size wise with my 6 year olds.
I didn’t need to for my 16 year old but she will find it hilarious.

A couple of years ago my 13 year old wanted a skate board. He was obsessed at the time with them. Every present he picked up he would say ‘ I really think this is a skate board’ one was a x box game so you can imagine the size of the box (tiny) and he was waving it getting excited saying ‘ I really, really think this is a skateboard’
He is the most sweetest, most loving and great full child I have ever known, his mind just does not work the same way as others 💕

Edited at 02:54 PM.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We store presents for our neighbours 3 children - have you a neighbour who could help?
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Mine are currently inside the boxes in the kallax unit.
As the kids are 4&5 then the presents are small in size and to be fair I think they only have 5 or 6 presents each plus stockings.

God knows where I will put them when they get big
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Do you have an en suit if so, stack them in the shower, or just in your bedroom and shut the door.
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have used suitcases or large storage bags with zips that you can put a lock on. But I doubt the large items you describe would fit in.

If I had a large gift, I would put it in the garage and lock it.
Old 12 Dec 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess104
slightly serious Dibber

Ours end up in the car, fortunately it's in the garage so everything goes in till kids are asleep.
Princess104 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List