Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 26 Dec 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

We wait until after New Year to take ours down.

I love the decorations/tree/lights and I don’t want to take them down yet. I like to enjoy them, as much as possible.
Old 26 Dec 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Ours didn’t go up until Christmas Eve so it’s staying until 4/5 Jan... !
See ours went up 1st December so I’ve already had 25 days of it to feel likes it’s enough.

Hubby is on days now till Monday when he’s on night and can’t do it on my own so it either had to be today or Monday/Tuesday.

Good job really as I now have overtime booked for news years day that I didn’t know about. Applied for it weeks ago but they didn’t bother to tell me or update my schedule before Christmas. It’s a good job I actually looked at the schedule. Annoying that the couldn’t give more notice. Hey ho

It looks so bare walking round 😕
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

My OH would agree with you 100%, I don't take them down until 12th night though but it's each to their own, I like to sit in the dark all cosy in an evening with the tree lights twinkling for as long as possible 🎄🎄🎄
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Perfect
Proud to wear my Ears

Think I’m taking ours down on Sunday, I would normally leave it until after New Year, but as we are not at home much over New Year, I’m beginning to feel both trees are in the way.
Perfect is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

We put ours up on the 13th and they’ll come down on 2nd Jan.
Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Ours were up much later than normal this year so they haven't quite been up long enough to get on my nerves yet! However I am already sitting here wondering how I can change the front room as I do like to swap it around so not sure how much longer they will last!
Old 26 Dec 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
For us Boxing Day is still Christmas. We still have family visits to come and our decorations stay up until January 2nd when (for us) the holidays are over.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Personally I dont see the point of putting a tree up if you cant keep it up until christmas is over.
Defeats the whole point of a Christmas tree if it's gone one day into Christmas.
But again just my personal opinion.

Here the tree will come down on the 12th night - when Christmas officially ends. The crib usually stays up for a few days after that to let the kings "have their moment" too" lol as they don't be placed into the crib until the 6th January.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m usually itching to get mine down now but as we were so busy before Xmas it doesn’t feel like it’s been up long. Will definitely be down before new year though.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

I know a few people who take down the decs as soon as they can its your house your choice.

Our tree stays up as long as possible I enjoy making the most of those last few days snuggling on the sofa with a hot choc watching movies with the tree lights twinkling so cosy- we don't have lot of other decs up as ds doesn't cope well with having too much going on but what we do have I'll slowly take down over the next few days that way its not such a big change in one go.

I hate taking the tree down as it always seems so bare and and little depressing
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List