Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 23 Jan 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieEars22
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile Hollywood Studios - 1 Day tickets

Hi all

Hoping to do one day at Hollywood Studios during our August trip, mainly for Galaxys Edge.

I see on the MDE app that you can purchase one day tickets there.

If I get these will they automatically link to MDE so I can book Fastpasses?

Or any other suggestions?

Thanks 😊
MinnieEars22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We bought tickets from Undercover Tourist. They were real tickets and linked to MDE easily so we could book fast passes.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieEars22

Mobile

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
We bought tickets from Undercover Tourist. They were real tickets and linked to MDE easily so we could book fast passes.
Hiya were the tickets posted to you? How long did it take?
MinnieEars22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MinnieEars22 View Post
Hiya were the tickets posted to you? How long did it take?
Yes, the tickets came in the post. Only took a couple of days, I think they were posted from within the UK rather than from America.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

We’re doing one day there in July as our two boys are big Star Wars fans. We weren’t doing Disney or Universal this year so we bought ours direct from Disney as they were cheapest. Prices vary depending on the date you’re going. Here’s the US site to check the prices for your dates.

disneyworld.disney.go/ad...s/theme-parks/
Tiggers Pal is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieEars22

Mobile

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
Yes, the tickets came in the post. Only took a couple of days, I think they were posted from within the UK rather than from America.
Great, thank you 😁
Old 23 Jan 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieEars22

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tiggers Pal View Post
We’re doing one day there in July as our two boys are big Star Wars fans. We weren’t doing Disney or Universal this year so we bought ours direct from Disney as they were cheapest. Prices vary depending on the date you’re going. Here’s the US site to check the prices for your dates.

disneyworld.disney.go/ad...s/theme-parks/
Hiya, these were the ones I looked at originally. Were your tickets posted to you?

We're doing Universal & Seaworld parks this year but my boys are separate to see Galaxys Edge.

Fastpasses are the next battle! Or we could spend the entire day queuing for 2 rides! Eeeeekkkkk
Old 23 Jan 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Hiya, these were the ones I looked at originally. Were your tickets posted to you?

We're doing Universal & Seaworld parks this year but my boys are separate to see Galaxys Edge.

Fastpasses are the next battle! Or we could spend the entire day queuing for 2 rides! Eeeeekkkkk
We received an email with a barcode to show at park entrance. We have old magic bands from 2018 that we could use however we have also booked 1 night onsite the night before the date our tickets are for so we’ll get new magic bands there. To keep costs down I used Tesco Clubcard vouchers to book via hotels.com but this will give us 60day fastpass too. It’s not to say they’ll get the Star Wars ride(s) when it comes to fastpasses though but my two are old enough to queue themselves if they want to. I’ll be off doing something else though as I’m not a SW fan.
Tiggers Pal is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Hi all

Hoping to do one day at Hollywood Studios during our August trip, mainly for Galaxys Edge.

I see on the MDE app that you can purchase one day tickets there.

If I get these will they automatically link to MDE so I can book Fastpasses?

Or any other suggestions?

Thanks 😊
Yes, if you purchase 1 day tickets from the MDE app then they should automatically link and then you'll be able to book fastpasses when the time is right.

If they don't automatically link then you'll be sent a confirmation email with a barcode in it. You can use the reference number under the barcode to link the tickets to your MDE account. Once linked you can start booking fastpasses.

If you don't have MagicBands, then you will have to go and collect plastic tickets from the Will Call ticket booths before entering Hollywood Studios.

(I was not aware that UK guests could buy 1 day tickets using the MDE app!)

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List