Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 17 Sep 17, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Grimdogg
Trying for More Ears

Virgin Tickets

Hello all

We have been offered a pretty good deal with Virgin regarding the tickets for all theme parks - they are willing to match the cheapest prices and offer 1 additional hour in Harry Potter world before park opening.

My question to you all is - are Virgin tickets reliable? It would appear when buying from Virgin, you then have to go and collect the actual tickets when in Florida (slightly annoying but bearable i guess).

Also - Does buying the tickets in this way affect how you can sync your Disney tickets to the My Disney Experience app and in turn impact when you can book FP+?

Reading online - it also appears that there are numerous bad reviews for purchasing with Virgin. What are your experiences?

So many questions!

Thank you

Mark
Old 17 Sep 17, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Perkins
Excited about Disney

Hi,
We've just got back having purchased all our tickets from virgin - they give you a piece of paper for each type of ticket, i.e. Disney, Universal and Seaworld

It really didn't take that long in each occasion to change them for the real tickets - so I wouldn't worry.

You pick your early entrance up from the Alamo pit stop when you collect your car.
If you go early entrance to Ioa on the first day, you will be sorted and in the park before any crowds appear.

With the MDE app,about 32 days before, you get an email,with a disney reference( we stayed offsite ) we linked it on the app and was able to start booking fast passes at 30 Days.

We have always purchased our tickets through Virgin, never had a problem, always ran smoothly.

Having just been through the hurricane with them, don't think we will fly with anyone else, their help and service has been amazing. They sorted everything out for us without us having to do anything.
Old 20 Sep 17, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Watts5988
Dancing with Tink'

Virgin were not very good in my experience regarding linking Disney tickets for staying onsite.They kept insisting that Disney wouldnt give them the code to link my tickets to MDE. I had to ring Disney who told me that Virgin are given the code as soon as the tickets were paid for.
I wanted to link to MDE experience to book fast passes at 60 days out.
To cut a long story short, I paid off my holiday balance early and my tickets linked within 2 days. I have the suspicion that Virgin wait until you pay in full then get the tickets from Disney.
Watts5988 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Grimdogg
Trying for More Ears

2fairly opposite opinions - I'll be giving this ticket purchase some more thought. Thanks for your input guys.
Old 27 Sep 17, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Dilsy
Trying for More Ears

I agree with Watts5988. Had lots of hassle getting linked, numerous phone calls but got there in the end. This time I've booked fly drive with Virgin and hotel and tickets with Disney.
Dilsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List