Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 1 Oct 17, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
snowdrop100
Excited about Disney

Universal annual pass tickets. buy in advance or upgrade a 14 day one?

as above really... which is the most cost effective?

We know we want them and just want to check if its cheaper to upgrade when over there or buy in advance?

We are going in Feb and August next year so we can get the cheapest seasonal pass.

I am unsure if its worth getting the power pass for the 50% off parking or not but i guess thats down to the number of days we end up parking there.

We are staying at Cabana bay next Aug while we visit and have one night in Loews Pacific Resort for 2 of the 4 days we will visit in Feb. I think we will still have to pay for parking even at the hotels?

Any advice/suggestions welcome
snowdrop100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 17, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

As per some of my posts and comments I have been a bit confused with what to do. We came back last week and our 14 day tickets were still valid and I emailed universal last Tuesday and they haven't bothered to reply, I then called them and the woman I spoke to in the ticket sales knew less than me.

Looking at the price of the basic annual 3 park ticket, it works out at around $383 plus tax plus the fee charged by your credit card company, so not such a great deal. We just bought the 14 day 3 park universal explorer for £207 from floridtix and plan to upgrade it to an annual whilst we are there. We will use it for VB first and then just upgrade it to a 2 park ticket which appears very cheap (we don't need to do VB next year if we do it this year).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 17, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
pegasus928
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Having an Annual Pass does give you a discount on hotel bookings - so worth bearing that in mind when working it out.
We have been Annual Pass holders for a number of years now and have always bought them online before going.
pegasus928 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List