Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Mar 17, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile 3 fast passes each park...go!

It's been 10yr for me and first time for everyone else. We go beginning of November. Other half and dd (12yrs old ) plus me! Like all rides ds (9) doesn't like anything remotely fast or with a drop at all!

So... fast passes wise for each park ... what's recommended?
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
jags
Excited about Disney

Hi there, these would be my choices.

Epcot: Soarin/Test Track, Mission Space & Spaceship Earth/ Character spot

HS: Star Tours, TSM, RnR or ToT.

AK: Everest, KRR and Dinosaur

MK: Mine Train, BTMR & Space or Splash Mountain

I don't know about new rides at AK what would be on FP tiered list so would change accordingly. My DD won't go on anything fast so we will use child swap.
jags is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

Are you staying on site? If not, 'whatever you can get'

I would suggest having more than three ideas in mind otherwise you may end up suddenly wondering what to do with your third if your first choice isn't available or available at a suitable time. I went with:

MK: Space Mountain, BTMR, Peter Pan's Flight (couldn't get SDMT or I would have used that instead)
EP: Test Track, Mission Space, Epcot Character Spot (couldn't get FFA)
HS: TSM, ToT, Star Tours
AK: Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Kali Rapids
Old 13 Mar 17, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Rufus1
Excited about Disney

MK space mountain at rope drop then BTM, splash mountain and peter pan as not done that one in years.

DHS - rock n roller TSM and ToT

EPCOT - Soarin, mission to mars , test track

AK Everest , either of new ones at Pandora or KRR.
AKL& POR Riverside 2017
boardwalk and POR 2019
Rufus1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

MK: 7 dwarves, BTMR, Splash mountain (but for your DS maybe Buzz lightyear as all of those are fairly fast/with drops).

Epcot: Soarin' or test track (prob not for your DS, the new Frozen ride is pretty gentle though), Spaceship Earth, I don't know what else...

HS: Toy story mania for the whole family or R&R if just me & DS1, Star tours and ToT for DS1 & me

AK: Expedition everest (not for our DS2), Kali River rapids and the safari maybe. Or some of the new stuff.

With regards to your son, my DS2 was 7 when we went last year and he was super nervous about any ride that he deemed too big/fast but I gently forced him to go on anything I thought he'd like (e.g. 7DMT, BTMR) and he loved them all! I didn't push him onto anything I thought would be too much like R&R or ToT. It might work for your son as the rides really seemed to be focused more on fun than thrills. Even my OH liked them!
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rufus1 View Post
MK space mountain at rope drop then BTM, splash mountain and peter pan as not done that one in years.

DHS - rock n roller TSM and ToT

EPCOT - Soarin, mission to mars , test track

AK Everest , either of new ones at Pandora or KRR.
You can't do those combinations together on the same day, otherwise I would! :P
Old 13 Mar 17, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
RT's
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

The best plan for us is to have fast passes plus an opening strategy where we rush off at opening to a popular ride that we dont have a FP for -

AK - Expedition Everest, Kali River Rapids & Dinosaur... head straight to Kilimanjaro Safaris at opening

HS - Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror & Star Tours... head straight to Rock n Roller Coaster at opening

MK - tricky one you probably need 2 days for more options, i would do Seven Dwarves Mine Train, Space Mountain & Peter Pans Flight... head straight to BTMR at opening then Splash Mountain if queues ok

EP - Test Track, Mission Space & Spaceship Earth... head straight to Soarin' at opening
DLP- Hotel Cheyenne - June 2011 : FL- Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando - April 2013 : FL- Disney's Caribbean Beach & Hard Rock Hotel - April 2016 : FL- WDW Yacht Club & Loews Royal Pacific - October 2017 : DLP- Santa Fe - February 2018 : WDW - Yacht Club - October 2019 : FL- Lowes Portofino Bay & WDW Dolphin- August 2022
RT's is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

AK: Straight to Kilimanjaro safaris when the parks opens!
Fast passes: Everest, Kali River Rapids and Dinosaur!

MK: Fastpasses: 7 Dwarves, Splash mountain and Space mountain!

HS: fastpasses: Rock N Roller coaster, Star Tours and Tower of Terror!

Epcot: fastpasses: Test track, mission space and spaceship earth!
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
cambsno
Serious Dibber

My tip is to get to the parks for opening and hit the best rides first. For example, May 2015 we went to BTMR and Splash Mountain and did each twice in the space of an hour(ish) from 9am. Virtually no queues. This meant we could use FP on others.

in MK those that benefit from FP would be those 2, Space Mountain, Peter Pan and then maybe Haunted Mansion and Pooh, as well as character meets.

In HS you need to FP Buzz unless you do that first, same with R&R coaster but you can only FP one.
cambsno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Most of the suggestions above don't seem to take into account the OP's DS and his aversion to anything remotely fast or with a drop! They include all the big thrill rides at Disney.

The DIBB's FastPass+ Info page has a number of suggestions at the bottom of the page. I'm going to base my suggestions on the "mixed experience" suggestions:

MK: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Peter Pan's Flight, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

EP: Soarin', Spaceship Earth, The Seas with Nemo & Friends

HS: Toy Story Mania, Star Tours, Voyage of the Little Mermaid

AK: Kilimanjaro Safaris, Meet Mickey and Minnie, Kali River Rapids

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 01:31 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List