Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Oct 17, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Mummys_girl84
Proud to wear my Ears

Best currency card

Looking advice as I can't decide whether to get a card that you load and get exchange rate at time that you use it or one which locks in the rate... I was planning to load it all at once but don't want to lose out when I get back home if I have money left
Mummys_girl84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 17, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

I got a Revoult card, from advice on here. During the week when the exchange rate went up to $1.36, I changed £300.00 Now I wish id changed more. I don't have any experience of using it yet in Orlando but I did use it here a couple of times for groceries just to make sure it worked.
Old 3 Oct 17, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I've used by Revolut card in Orlando and in Europe
Never had a problem and always a good rate
2018 3 weeks Dibb villa/1 night Clearwater/1 night RPR
2023 Christmas/New Year. Clearwater/Dibb villa/HRH
Geordie boy 57 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 17, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Redman
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Mummys_girl84 View Post
Looking advice as I can't decide whether to get a card that you load and get exchange rate at time that you use it or one which locks in the rate... I was planning to load it all at once but don't want to lose out when I get back home if I have money left
I had a nightmare using Revolut card in Florida and I got back yesterday after 2 weeks, card being declined at Busch Gardens, ATM withdrawal declined, top up not working and the worst of the lot last Fri when it hit worldwide for the whole day, I was fortunate I had my CC with me as backup but there were people all over who had only taken this card and had loaded it all onto it which I didn't do, I just topped up as needed when it would allow and the Revolut FB page was interesting to say the least that day. Spending hours of my holiday waiting on their support getting back to me

Never again, I've now terminated the card and will be using either good old cash/travelers cheques or possibly just a CC and the saving money will just pay it off when I get back, absolutely horrible experience with Revolut, you have been warned
Redman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 17, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Redman View Post
I had a nightmare using Revolut card in Florida and I got back yesterday after 2 weeks, card being declined at Busch Gardens, ATM withdrawal declined, top up not working and the worst of the lot last Fri when it hit worldwide for the whole day, I was fortunate I had my CC with me as backup but there were people all over who had only taken this card and had loaded it all onto it which I didn't do, I just topped up as needed when it would allow and the Revolut FB page was interesting to say the least that day. Spending hours of my holiday waiting on their support getting back to me

Never again, I've now terminated the card and will be using either good old cash/travelers cheques or possibly just a CC and the saving money will just pay it off when I get back, absolutely horrible experience with Revolut, you have been warned
Goodness, that sounds horrific!

We loved our Revolut card when we went - found the rate really good and the app really allows you to keep track of what you're spending. Maybe take some cash as a back up though
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 17, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
stevo25
Very Serious Dibber

I used my revolut card, as I have posted before, without any problems in July. Also had no problems in France, Switzerland and Italy in January. Have also bought things mail order in Ireland again with no issues. Topping up again from my next trip to Spain very soon. I too like the app notification of payments.
stevo25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 17, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
simon and marcie
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Pays (no pun intended) to do your homework and find the right solution for you. Some people like having the cash in their hands others like the traditional TCs.

We spent a month travelling across America in May/June with two other couples. We all used Revolut without any issues. Paid for all our shopping, fuel etc. Then transferred monies owing using the app all the time. Never had an issue all that time. They had a big issue last week which was sorted quickly. People complain about not being able to get cash out but we didn’t use cash once and never had a problem.

Have a great holiday 😄

Xmas '04 OCT '07, Apr '10 Oct '13 Oct '15 Aug '17
simon and marcie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 17, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
eddiehead
Excited about Disney

eddiehead's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mental Minnie View Post
I got a Revoult card, from advice on here. During the week when the exchange rate went up to $1.36, I changed £300.00 Now I wish id changed more. I don't have any experience of using it yet in Orlando but I did use it here a couple of times for groceries just to make sure it worked.
We used card this year in Orlando all fine until you require customer support 29hours response time on live chat because the app would not enable the card
Make sure you have a back up when using Revoult card,they are great when they work but a nightmare when they don’t
eddiehead is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 17, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Redman
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by simon and marcie View Post
Pays (no pun intended) to do your homework and find the right solution for you. Some people like having the cash in their hands others like the traditional TCs.

We spent a month travelling across America in May/June with two other couples. We all used Revolut without any issues. Paid for all our shopping, fuel etc. Then transferred monies owing using the app all the time. Never had an issue all that time. They had a big issue last week which was sorted quickly. People complain about not being able to get cash out but we didn’t use cash once and never had a problem.

Have a great holiday 😄
Fri last week as I said was a nightmare worldwide, they didn't fix it quickly at all, took them the best part of 24hours, plus this isn't the first time I'm hearing about issues with Revolut, it's an almost weekly occurrence with things going wrong
Redman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 17, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Redman
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
Goodness, that sounds horrific!

We loved our Revolut card when we went - found the rate really good and the app really allows you to keep track of what you're spending. Maybe take some cash as a back up though
Hi Tracey, I had some money as a backup and a credit card, the problem was that I had loaded £500 onto the card on the Thurs night to go on a shopping spree the next day, no notification from Revolut that there was an issue on the Fri morning, bare in mind Florida is 5 hours behind the UK, this started from what I read at about 7am UK time, so 2am in Florida. I went shopping at 11am, when the card was declined twice in the same shop (assistant asked me to try again after first decline) I logged into Revolut from my phone and onto Support, there was a pink message that popped up saying there was an issue with the app but card payments were processing normally, obviously not true, anyway about 10mins later after I went back to the store and spoke with the manager and asked for a receipt in case my money went missing, after leaving the store with my receipt I logged back into support and the pink message had changed to say card payments were now being declined, it took them until about 11.30 Florida time before they had this fixed (well that's the time I had the message from support saying so).

I'm just letting others know the issues I had and hopefully unlike some on the Revolut FB page who loaded all their cash onto this that you have other sources of funds