Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 13 Sep 17, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Useful Idiot
Gone all Goofy

Where to buy theme park tickets?

Hi guys.

Planning our first trip to Florida in July next year. There are 8 or 9 of us going and sharing a villa.

Where would you suggest buying theme park tickets and what type. We plan to visit many but also to take the odd "day off" here and there. We are going for 14 days.

Many thanks
Old 13 Sep 17, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

The companies listed at the top of the tickets section here get good reviews.
I personally use Orlando Attractions and they've been brilliant, good price and quick delivery.
14 days tickets are normally the cheapest, we go for the Disney ultimate (which includes Memory Maker) and 14 day 2 park Universal tickets.

Edited at 04:26 PM.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
The companies listed at the top of the tickets section here get good reviews.
I personally use Orlando Attractions and they've been brilliant, good price and quick delivery.
14 days tickets are normally the cheapest, we go for the Disney ultimate (which includes Memory Maker) and 14 day 2 park Universal tickets.
As above
We always use Orlando Attractions
If you ring their Ascot office you can reserve your tickets with a deposit
We get the 14 Disney with memory maker and the Universal 14 day 3 park tickets
2018 3 weeks Dibb villa/1 night Clearwater/1 night RPR
2023 Christmas/New Year. Clearwater/Dibb villa/HRH
Geordie boy 57 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
And I'm another person who's used Orlando Attractions on our last three trips. :

I usually buy the Magic Your Way tickets for Disney, however the free Memory Maker with the Ultimate tickets is a good deal.

If it's your first trip I'd recommend the 14 day Ultimate tickets for Disney and the 14 day 2 or 3 Park Explorer tickets for Universal. We also like to visit Seaworld, but Disney and Universal are probably enough for your first trip.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
gdbano81
Proud to wear my Ears

gdbano81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Depending on who you're booking with can be just as good value booking through your TA. I've booked mine through Virgin and got a great deal.

If you want to book them separately, Orlando Attractions is one. Another is Attraction Tickets Direct (Universal's preferred partner in the UK), another one is Travel Republic.

The Ultimate 14-day ticket for disney is a must. Depends on the other parks what you want to do. Sea World has the 2-park standard which is Aquatica and Sea World, but are currently offering 3-parks (includes Busch Gardens) for the same price.

Universal 2-park ticket is a must if you want to ride the Hogwarts express and is usually the standard package. 3-park ticket also includes volcano bay. If you want the thrill rides then get them all!

Shop around as you might get a bargain if you choose ticket bundles.

Geoffers
Still not grown up!
gdbano81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post

The other thing I am trying to find out is if we buy a 14 day ticket, do we have to use it on consecutive days, or can you skip a day? This is because we are thinking of actually staying in the area for 16 days & don't want it to run out before we leave. Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Slinky Malinki
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by Wheelie Mum View Post
The other thing I am trying to find out is if we buy a 14 day ticket, do we have to use it on consecutive days, or can you skip a day? This is because we are thinking of actually staying in the area for 16 days & don't want it to run out before we leave. Thanks
It has to be used 14 days from activation.
Slinky Malinki is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Ah OK. So maybe best to do other stuff before we start going to Disney then
Old 21 Sep 17, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Wheelie Mum View Post
The tickets expire 14 days after first use (which actually means they are valid for a period of 15 days).

You don't have to visit every day to keep the tickets active; you can skip days. However, the ticket will expire and no longer be useable at the end of the 14th day after first use.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Right. Thank you. I get it now. Think some serious planning needs to be done lol! Thanks for your help x