Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Toffeeboy8 View Post
I then just arbitrarily booked 3 fast passes for a random day, I HAVE NO INTENTION OF GOING ON THAT RANDOM DAY, I just wanted to see if people where just logging on, picking all the good FP's with a small chance they might use them.

It doesnt seem fare and they will go to waste.
With an Annual Pass you are only allowed to book 7 days worth of fastpasses. Therefore, if you book some fastpasses on a random day then that's one of those days allocated. This means that, until you cancel those random fastpasses, you'll have one less day to book fastpasses during the time when you are actually there. As mentioned above, you can only have a total of 7 days of fastpasses booked at any one time.

Sure, you can book fastpasses for tomorrow even though you're not going tomorrow. But that just means there will be slightly less people in the fastpass queue tomorrow (because you won't turn up). And less people in the fastpass queue means the standby queue will move slightly more quickly. And you won't be able to use that fastpass because you're not there.

So I'm not sure why it is "fast pass abuse"?

It's worth noting that anyone with a ticket can do this. They can book fastpasses on whatever day they want, whether they are in Florida or not. That will (temporarily) use up one of their days and is a bit pointless, but anyone can do it.

ETA: Or did you mean that it's not fair that onsite guests get to book their fastpasses before offsite guests? Well, no it isn't fair. It's designed not to be fair. Onsite guests get several perks that offsite guests don't get - including EMH, free parking, free MagicBands - and they pay for those perks.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 01:03 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Originally Posted by Toffeeboy8 View Post
Hi Guys.

Ive just bought annual passes for WDW and have been accessing the FP+ 30 days prior to arriving.

For example I tried at 12 noon GMT today for Monday 16th Oct (I was refreshing the ap at 11:59 in wait).

The Avatar ride at AK was already full, presumably by resort guests who can book 60 days in advance.

I then just arbitrarily booked 3 fast passes for a random day, I HAVE NO INTENTION OF GOING ON THAT RANDOM DAY, I just wanted to see if people where just logging on, picking all the good FP's with a small chance they might use them.

It doesnt seem fare and they will go to waste.

Is this correct or am I missing something

Cheers
I'm not sure what you mean by not using them?

Yes all the "ggod FP's" will go first as the good ones are the ones that everyone wants, you don't book and waste FP for something you don't want do you?
Old 25 Sep 17, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dismadbrit View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by not using them?

Yes all the "ggod FP's" will go first as the good ones are the ones that everyone wants, you don't book and waste FP for something you don't want do you?
I think they mean booking just in case you go to that park.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
ETA: Or did you mean that it's not fair that onsite guests get to book their fastpasses before offsite guests? Well, no it isn't fair. It's designed not to be fair. Onsite guests get several perks that offsite guests don't get - including EMH, free parking, free MagicBands - and they pay for those perks.
Absolutely agree, why should someone off site, not paying for the privilege, get the same perks? Oh, you also get free Disney dining if you book at the right time -
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
pegasus928
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Pretty sure you have that a bit muddled. I haven't had the issue since Christmas as we no longer plan more than a couple of days ahead but in the past we have not been able to have more than 7 days at a time. Not within 30 days. Once we used 1 day we could book an 8th etc. Apparantly if an AP holder stays on site they can book for full length of stay as well.
I’m not really sure what I said that was muddled. Having read my post back it makes perfect sense - and pretty much says word for word what it says on Disney’s own site for Annual Pass holders.
pegasus928 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
Hi Mike,
Who did you book the one night at the campground with?
Hi. I booked via the WDW U.S. Site, really easy 😀
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by longles View Post
I hadn't thought about the 60 days,was looking at staying at the yacht club for a night next year to do epcot and HS with the hotel in between, so i could book fast passes at 60 days out?
Yes indeed you can. On a rolling basis i.e, you get 3 FP+ on Day 60, then log in to MDE each successive day at noon UK time to get another 3 and so on. We've managed to get FP+ for fop on 5 days - at times that suits us! - plus 2 days free parking and Magic Bands, all for around $62 + taxes.

Edited at 04:39 PM.
Old 25 Sep 17, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
PETER GOBLE
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mike230652 View Post
I hear - and understand - your issue about people with 60 day access snapping up the FP+ for FOP.

Unfortunately ( for off site customers of WDW anyway ) those who stay on site get this benefit. It's not abuse however, they can still only pick 1 x FP+ per person per day. If they decide they want to pick 3, 4 5 or more days in which to get FP+ for FOP then that's their prerogative.

All I can say is keep plugging away to try and get FP+ , we've done this and even managed to change the original ' not so good ' time for FOP on one day to a time that suits us better. In total we now have FP+ ( for FOP ) for separate 5 days, but will certainly be using all 5 days.

We're not staying on site BTW, but did book one night at the campground ( $ 62 ) which gave us a rolling 60 day FP access, 2 days free parking and 4 x Magic Bands, worth it for the parking and bands let alone the FP benefits.

Hope you manage to get some FP for FOP

Where about did you book this?
PETER GOBLE is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
PETER GOBLE
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by PETER GOBLE View Post
Where about did you book this?
Keep getting directed back to the U.K. Site.
PETER GOBLE is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by PETER GOBLE View Post
Keep getting directed back to the U.K. Site.
For the US Site:

disneyworld.disney.go/

To book the campsite:

disneyworld.disney.go/resorts/#/campground

There you go