Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 2 Oct 17, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
chickeninabun
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Can't do them all... Which Parks?

We are going in August 2018 and just wanting some tips/advice. My daughters will be 13 and 10. We've never been to Universal before (despite doing Florida 3 times before) so we really want to do that but if we get tickets for Universal (2 Days), Disney (14 Days), Seaworld et al (14 Days) and Legoland (2 Days) it is over £800 each.

So we are wanting to drop one of the biggies, either Universal, Disney or Seaworld. But like I said we haven't done Universal before and now the girls are a bit older I think they'll like it, plus one is HP mad. I also LOVE all the Seaworld et al parks. Is it possible to go to Orlando and not do Disney?
I've looked into the cost for just one day, just to do the iconic Magic Kingdom but it's still extortionate.
Any advice?

chickeninabun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Yes you could 100percent do Orlando without Disney. We no longer do the Disney parks mostly because of costs but also because our kids prefer universal and seaworld. My kids absolutely love seaworld and Busch gardens. I love universal so much more than i loved disney. It really is an amazing park (both of the) We would take them to chip and dales campfire for a wee touch of Disney and for a meal at Disney springs and some shops. And personally for us this is enough.There is deffo more to Orlando than Disney ( just my opinion before anyone starts)

Edited at 02:35 PM.
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Totally understandable as I'm in the same position now, I've been 4 times before with my parents but this is a first with my Wife & kids, we go for 2 weeks & as I explained to the Mrs, it's fantastic but very tiring, I think we've finally landed on the 'Mega Combo' at Orlando Attractions & just do as much as we can, won't be doing Lego Land, our two will be 18 & 13 when we go.
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
chickeninabun
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Thank you, that's good to know.
Would there be enough time in two days to do Universal? Also, is it worth getting a fast pass things? I've been looking at the hotel as you get the fast passes included but just not sure it's worth it! And if I did get them would I need them for both days?

chickeninabun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I would say you could rush round the two parks and see most of it in two days but to really enjoy it and see every part of them I would go for the 14 day ticket you usually get 3 for 2 so the two parks plus volcano bay ( we haven't been there yet it was wet and wild when we last went) them tickets are great value as it means they are valid for 14 days so you could have your rest/ shopping days inbetween. Anytime we have went we haven't used fastpass and ques have never been as bad as Disney would be,but that's just what I noticed I don't know if they are like that all the time (June and july). And if I remember right its half price parking or something after a certain time. We are going in 23 days but only for 8 days so kids had to pick two parks and they choose seaworld and Busch gardens and I've also bought LEGOLAND tickets as we have never done it before. I'm sure wherever you decide to go you will have an amazing time but go on try somewhere new lol
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
If it helps, you can get the Full Monty combo from Orlando Attractions for £697 per person:

orlandoattractions/t...ll-monty-combo

That includes 14 day tickets to Disney, Universal, and Seaworld.

Or you can get the Mini-Monty instead for £636 per person:

orlandoattractions/t...-busch-gardens

That gives you 5 days at Disney, 3 days at Universal plus 14 days at the Seaworld parks.

Or you can buy different tickets separately rather than a bundle. For example, you could get a 5 day Base ticket for Disney, a 3 day Park-to-Park ticket for Universal, and a 14 day ticket for Seaworld/Aquatica/Busch for a total of £564 per person.

Prices are from Orlando Attractions.

Those are cheaper than "over £800 each" that you mention in your post.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Full Monto combo is £688 at Orlando Attractions... well it was this morning when I was pricing things up!
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by DisneyBobby View Post
Full Monto combo is £688 at Orlando Attractions... well it was this morning when I was pricing things up!
It says £697 for 2018 tickets when I go on their website now - see my link.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by chickeninabun View Post
Thank you, that's good to know.
Would there be enough time in two days to do Universal? Also, is it worth getting a fast pass things? I've been looking at the hotel as you get the fast passes included but just not sure it's worth it! And if I did get them would I need them for both days?
If you're going at the end of August then I would say that the Express passes for Universal are not worth getting. They are nice to have if you can afford them, but the queues aren't too long at that time of year.

However, if you don't get Express passes, I would suggest visiting Universal on at least 3 days. One day at US, one day at IOA, and then one day visiting any attractions that you missed. We usually visit Universal on 3 days and find this is fine. The difference in price between a 2 day and 3 day ticket is not that great.

(BTW: Staying 1 night at a deluxe Universal hotel gives you two days of Express passes - both the check-in and check-out days)

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 3 Oct 17, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
It says £697 for 2018 tickets when I go on their website now - see my link.
Just been on & seen they've put their prices up! 😭😭

Hopefully come Black Friday the prices will come back down...

Wonder why they've put the prices up, I've been in hospital for the last few days after an operation so was going to ring today & put a deposit down! Gutted as it's another £36

Edited at 11:01 AM.