Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 3 Oct 17, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi. We're at Cabana Bay now. As other posters have said it really depends on your August dates. The last two weeks are much quieter than the first two. This hotel is absolutely perfect for families - especially the suites & it must be Paradise for children/teenagers. The shuttle service is wonderful - there's always one waiting & everyone gets on. - ( peak season might be different?).
No express pass but you do get the early entry so can get on the HP rides then & Despicable Me. Also, (assuming cost is a factor) because it's so much cheaper you could maybe stay here a little longer & blitz the parks?
If you have any questions, I'm here til Saturday. 😊
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 17, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
chickeninabun
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
If it helps, you can get the Full Monty combo from Orlando Attractions for £697 per person:

orlandoattractions/t...ll-monty-combo

That includes 14 day tickets to Disney, Universal, and Seaworld.

Or you can get the Mini-Monty instead for £636 per person:

orlandoattractions/t...-busch-gardens

That gives you 5 days at Disney, 3 days at Universal plus 14 days at the Seaworld parks.

Or you can buy different tickets separately rather than a bundle. For example, you could get a 5 day Base ticket for Disney, a 3 day Park-to-Park ticket for Universal, and a 14 day ticket for Seaworld/Aquatica/Busch for a total of £564 per person.

Prices are from Orlando Attractions.

Those are cheaper than "over £800 each" that you mention in your post.
Thank you! These look great, I'll definitely have a look at your links.

chickeninabun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 17, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
chickeninabun
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
Hi. We're at Cabana Bay now. As other posters have said it really depends on your August dates. The last two weeks are much quieter than the first two. This hotel is absolutely perfect for families - especially the suites & it must be Paradise for children/teenagers. The shuttle service is wonderful - there's always one waiting & everyone gets on. - ( peak season might be different?).
No express pass but you do get the early entry so can get on the HP rides then & Despicable Me. Also, (assuming cost is a factor) because it's so much cheaper you could maybe stay here a little longer & blitz the parks?
If you have any questions, I'm here til Saturday. 😊
We are going on the 8th, so right in the middle, so should be a bit quieter in our second week.
We've already got villa accommodation so the Universal hotel would have just been for a night, just for the experience and the express passes. But thanks, it sounds lovely.

chickeninabun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 17, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Disney May do Halloween party mnsshp again in August (started 25th this year) Uk tickets sellers had tickets $47, gets you in Mk from 4pm til midnight. We did just Universal with 11 yr old and mnsshp plus Disney Springs for a bit of Disney. If they like Harry Potter and their ages I’d definitely do Universal.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 17, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
smudgester
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by chickeninabun View Post
We are going in August 2018 and just wanting some tips/advice. My daughters will be 13 and 10. We've never been to Universal before (despite doing Florida 3 times before) so we really want to do that but if we get tickets for Universal (2 Days), Disney (14 Days), Seaworld et al (14 Days) and Legoland (2 Days) it is over £800 each.

So we are wanting to drop one of the biggies, either Universal, Disney or Seaworld. But like I said we haven't done Universal before and now the girls are a bit older I think they'll like it, plus one is HP mad. I also LOVE all the Seaworld et al parks. Is it possible to go to Orlando and not do Disney?
I've looked into the cost for just one day, just to do the iconic Magic Kingdom but it's still extortionate.
Any advice?
Our kids are roughly the same ages as yours and we had the same dilemma (but based more on time constraints than cost - we are only in Orlando for 5/6 days and already have other stuff planned for 2 of them).

Our kids were more than happy to not go to Disney at all; and we are now doing 2 days (possibly 3 if we get the 'extra day free' tickets from undercovertourist) at Universal. Though as every day goes by ... AK is trying to force itself upon our schedule

Also, never been personally, but from what I have read on here ... Orlando Legoland is a bit rubbish
smudgester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 17, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post

We had the same dilemma! Our two are 20 and 9 and I asked the same question...Orlando without Disney?
We are there over Christmas this time and the kids chose Universal and Discovery Cove/Seaworld Tickets over Disney.
They don't know yet but I've booked us Christmas Party tickets to get a least a glimpse of Christmas Disney magic (selfish,me? )
But I'd say if yours are anything like mine its all about the animals and the thrill rides - omitting Disney from your plans is definitely doable

(but why not check out the Halloween party tickets 'just incase' )
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 17, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We skipped Disney last time and did Universal and DC/Seaworld. The kids enjoyed it more.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List