Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Nov 17, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
hardly
Excited about Disney

How to fill last day after room checkout

Hi, we fly home 9pm, I can get late checkout at 12 midday, seems a lot of waiting, obviously cases in car etc. How to pass the hours before airport.
Any suggestions.
hardly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Treat it like another day that ends sooner. This last trip myself and DD has to be on the DME bus at 3.30pm. We packed the night before and slept until 9am. We took our cases to Bell Services and were at the Grand Floridian via taxi for 10am. We had a wander and then breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at 10.30. We had MK FPP for 11am, 12pm and 1pm. We arrived at MK at 11.45 and used FPP for talking Mickey. When that was done our next FPP for the Mine Train was open. Then we shopped a bit before a final FPP on Space Mountain. We had a snack, took some photos and enjoyed the shops a bit more. Caught a bus back to our resort and waited 20 minutes for our DME bus. Checked in at the airport to a short queue. Ate dinner then went through security. Did a bit of duty free and then it was time to get on the plane. Long post sorry but my point is enjoy it lik any other day.
Old 20 Nov 17, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
PCBatman
Proud to wear my Ears

I second the other Dibber, treat as another whole day. We were out of our villa at 10am. Suitcases packed in the car and we went for a day of shopping around Disney Springs and Mall @ Millennia. By the time the we had shopped and had lunch it was time to drive to airport of the flight. Last time we did the same apart from shopping we spent the morning/afternoon at MK.
PCBatman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our flight was 9pm last week. We left around 11:30for Disney Springs check in . That took an hr! We then went for a wander around Disney Springs , spent an hr in pandora buying my charms and went to blaze for lunch ( amazing place , ate here twice ) . The had a wander up the top end of the springs and did the Christmas tree trail . We left about 5 to head to the airport and return the car and get changed for the flight back and glad we did as mco was manic . The whole afternooon went pretty quickly tbh .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Scully
Apprentice Imagineer

Scully's Reviews
We went to Magic Kingdom yesterday, then came back to the car, got changed and straight off to the airport.

1996, 2003, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022, 2025
Scully is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
theriler
Getting Excited

This year we had to be out of our villa for 10am so we decided to go to Typhoon Lagoon. It meant we could have a quieter day and tire our 2 year old out a bit befor the flight home. It also meant we could use the showers to freshen up before heading to the airport. We had to dry off in the sun a bit after getting out of the water so we didnt have any wet clothes in our case but it worked out quite well.

I think if I went to a park on a hot day before the airport I would want a shower a before having a long flight but im sure thats not too tricky if staying on site. Alternatively, most of the lounges at the airports have showers to use.
theriler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Paddcomp
Imagineer

We're planning a water park on our flight home day. Aquatica and hoping to book a cabana, should be relaxed and showered just before leaving for the airport.
Disney Springs checkin too.
Paddcomp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Had the 9pm flight this year and spent the day at the waterpark, was supposed to be MK but we went the day before instead. We always make the most of the last day by going to a park, would hate to spend the last few holiday hours just killing time.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

We normally chill out by the pool the go get something nice to eat.
Old 20 Nov 17, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
Mobile

We packed up went to IMAX cinema at Pointe Orlando and then off for something to eat before heading to the airport. Was a lovely day!