Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 22 Feb 18, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Amazing report, really enjoyed the read. Many thanks for taking the time :-)
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Fab report, thanks for sharing.

Did your refillable mugs work after your stay at GF because you were still on Disney property? Such as when we check out of our Disney stay and transfer to a villa our mugs will stop working? Or would they continue to work until our park tickets run out?
I’m not 100% on this, but my understanding is that they are valid for 15 days, presumably linked to the length of your park ticket. When you use them there is a little display on the machine that shows the date they run out. On our last day we had checked out of Vero Beach and were still able to use them at Beach Club and Board Walk. They don’t work in the parks though, as you probably know. Maybe ask on the dining section, where someone who has done an on-site/off-site stay can probably give a more definite answer.
Old 23 Feb 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
Amazing report, really enjoyed the read. Many thanks for taking the time :-)
Thank you
Old 23 Feb 18, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by hornetgirl View Post
I’m not 100% on this, but my understanding is that they are valid for 15 days, presumably linked to the length of your park ticket. When you use them there is a little display on the machine that shows the date they run out. On our last day we had checked out of Vero Beach and were still able to use them at Beach Club and Board Walk. They don’t work in the parks though, as you probably know. Maybe ask on the dining section, where someone who has done an on-site/off-site stay can probably give a more definite answer.
Ah brilliant thanks for the info 😁 I'll just have a look when we get over there if they are valid for longer then great if not no biggie
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Toff Princess
Getting Excited

Toff Princess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 21
I would actually love to know the answer to the above question on the resort mugs myself. I dont understand a think about the resort mugs and how they work! Is there a chip in them? Sensor? Because at GF gasparilla grill you just pay for them they just remove the sticker in top and say ‘its activated’ and there was no light on any machenes in GG quick service drinks machines.

Edited at 01:00 PM.
Toff Princess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Toff Princess View Post
I would actually love to know the answer to the above question on the resort mugs myself. I dont understand a think about the resort mugs and how they work! Is there a chip in them? Sensor? Because at GF gasparilla grill you just pay for them they just remove the sticker in top and say ‘its activated’ and there was no light on any machenes in GG quick service drinks machines.
There are RFID chips in the mugs. When you use the drinks machines there is a tiny little panel which displays the “valid until” date. I’m pretty sure the one in Gasparilla Island Grill had this.
Old 26 Feb 18, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Just caught up with the rest of your food trip report and it was amazing. Given me some inspiration to go back to a couple of restaurants we've not eaten at for a while.

Looks like you had an amazing time. x
Old 26 Feb 18, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
Just caught up with the rest of your food trip report and it was amazing. Given me some inspiration to go back to a couple of restaurants we've not eaten at for a while.

Looks like you had an amazing time. x
Thank you, it was pretty fabulous
There will be no dining plan on our next trip, so it won’t be quite so extravagant lol. I’ve only made one ADR.
Old 26 Feb 18, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Fab report, have enjoyed following along. You stayed at some gorgeous places & had some fab food, especially the snacks!

Thanks for sharing xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

I really enjoyed reading your latest report - you always have such lovely looking meals on your trips.

Much as I love our current full on, quick service, holidays with our girls, I must admit I am looking forward to when just the two of us are able to take a holiday like yours - it seemed very laid back and you ate at some great table service places. We are hoping to manage to get to The Wave and Homecomin' next year so that will have to do for now!

Will you still do a report for your next trip? I hope so.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List