Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 23 Feb 18, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
frazers mum
Imagineer

Liverpool help/ ideas

We are hoping to book a two night break in Liverpool. So far we have the idea of doing the land rover factory tour, radio city tower, mersy ferry and Terracotta Army exhibition. What other things can people recommend. We are two adults and a (slightly reluctant) DS 16.
Ideas for restaurants would be a help too.
Disneyland Paris - May 2003, May 2017
frazers mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

As a scouser I am biased but I hope you enjoy our great city The museums are great on their own. The world museum is fantastic and the Liverpool Museum/Maritime museum are on the Albert Dock and are great to see about our city and its history. All free.

What type of food do you like? We love Reds BBQ on Hanover Street or Yard Bird (fried chicken) also on Hanover Street. There are all the usual chains in Liverpool 1 on the terrace on top of the shopping complex. We also love Amalia or The Casa (Italian). Button Street Smokehouse is also great. There is George's Great British Kitchen too.
Let me know what food you are thinking and ill give you some more places, we have so many new restaurants now.

Also when are you thinking of coming? We often have events on in the city during the summer time and there is usually plenty happening.

Edited at 12:01 PM.
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
frazers mum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lolalolo86 View Post
As a scouser I am biased but I hope you enjoy our great city The museums are great on their own. The world museum is fantastic and the Liverpool Museum/Maritime museum are on the Albert Dock and are great to see about our city and its history. All free.

What type of food do you like? We love Reds BBQ on Hanover Street or Yard Bird (fried chicken) also on Hanover Street. There are all the usual chains in Liverpool 1 on the terrace on top of the shopping complex. We also love Amalia or The Casa (Italian). Button Street Smokehouse is also great. There is George's Great British Kitchen too.
Let me know what food you are thinking and ill give you some more places, we have so many new restaurants now.

Also when are you thinking of coming? We often have events on in the city during the summer time and there is usually plenty happening.
We are coming over in the Easter holidays. Food wise we love Indian, Typical American type stuff ( obviously) and Chinese. Thankyou for your help.
frazers mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Hi there, another Scouser here . You'll need to buy tickets for the Terracotta Army and they are selling fast, so if it important to you get them asap for your dates. Agree all the Museums are great. Whereabouts are you staying? There's a themed restaurant called Smugglers Cove, I've not been there but DD likes it, we tend to eat out at the Georgian Quarter if in town, there are plenty of places there and lots of the chains are in Liverpool One. Bistro Pierre is nice too. If it is a fine day you can go up the tower in the Cathedral and see for miles. There's Speke Hall a supposedly haunted Tudor mansion which is close to the Land Rover site.

You may like this too stgeorgeshallliverpool.c...feast-of-fire/

Edited at 12:15 PM.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

My fave Indian is East Z East next door to the Echo Arena, its fantastic every time. We also like Mayur on Duke Street and Mowgli Street Food. Typical American stuff would the places I mentioned above, Reds/Button Street/Yard Bird. There is also smaller places around like Slims Pork Chop Express, Free State Kitchen (burgers), Almost Famous (wacky burgers). There is also two Five Guys and a TGI Fridays in Liverpool one. Smugglers Cove is supposed to be great.

Rebelrebel has mentioned some great ideas also The views from the cathedral are fantastic on a clear day.
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

I posted a similar question a few weeks ago, booked up for a two night stay in May. Please let me know how you get on. We got the Terracotta Army tickets and there was limited availability, enjoy
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkjojo
Excited about Disney

Liverpool museum is on the waterfront and is really interesting (all of the museums are good though imo!). There should be lots going on at the Pier Head/Albert Dock over the Easter holidays (might even catch a cruise liner). You could book tickets to see a comedian at the Hot Water comedy club. Mowgli is amazing for Indian food. Matou is fab for Asian food (and the views across the water are superb) I'd also highly recommend Pattersons for fried chicken (my DD13 prefers it to Yard Bird as it's more "grown up"). Lots of ideas here too visitliverpool/things-to-do
Hope you have a fab time xxx

Edited at 02:00 PM.
Pinkjojo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
frazers mum
Imagineer

Thankyou for your replies, especially the heads up on thinking ahead to prebook the Terracotta Army tickets. I've just booked them now and they only had 3.30 or 4pm on my chosen day. Got some though. Cheers guys.x
Old 23 Feb 18, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

I see people are suggesting Bistro Pierre, Matou, casa. These are all good places to eat, Bistro do a good 3 course lunch for around £11. Matou is good food and the views are great , book for around an hour before dusk and see the sun set over the wirral.
Most of the museums are free are are great (especially if wet). I see comedy clubs mentioned (not sure how you would get on with 16 year old ) but there are several to choose from and good value.
For the tower look on groupon there are regular offers.
If you want something different then take a look at williamson tunnels. or maybe a tour of the mersey tunnels.
A trip to crosby beach to see the gormley stautes could be an option and there is a great cinema nearby with ticket for less then £5 each.
Where are you staying ?
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Space museum or the submarine museum just 2 the 2 Beatles museums where very good here a link for space museum

liverpoolmuseums.uk/w...ans/space.aspx
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List