Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 8 Jul 15, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile Universal tickets question

I've just received our universal tickets from Florida Tix. It says photo ID required-are we going to need to take all our passports in with us every day? We're staying at RPR and will be getting FOLP as well for four days.
Also, I was thinking of laminating the cards as can imagine they could get quite crumpled-does anyone know if this affects the bar code?
Thanks in advance
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 15, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
SunbreezeFL
Imagineer

I normally take my driver licence card with me - you need it in case your finger print doesn't work for some reason on entance - they will ask for ID then reset you. Never had to take anything for DS as they normally just reset his without ID.
SunbreezeFL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 15, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida again
Apprentice Imagineer

Photo Id would be required for adults if after you've registered your finger print to your card their is a problem when scanning your print in the future. It has happened to us a few times. Our driving licence was ok, our son they didn't ask for id. They can ask for id at anytime but this is usually only when their is a problem scanning them.

I wouldn't laminate the cards. I've heard they go black if you do, making them unreadable. If they do get tatty you can get them reprinted at guest services but be sure to take a photo of the back of them just in case, so you have a record of the card number.

Our DIBBcast trip reveal video http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=758645
Florida again is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 15, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Lovely - thanks for the replies. Are the fotp tickets the same size? Thinking about buying lanyards or similar to carry both in-is this doable. Sorry if these are silly questions. Haven't done universal before and don't remember taking any photo ID to the Disney parks last time
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 15, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by COL41 View Post
Lovely - thanks for the replies. Are the fotp tickets the same size? Thinking about buying lanyards or similar to carry both in-is this doable. Sorry if these are silly questions. Haven't done universal before and don't remember taking any photo ID to the Disney parks last time
Yes, your FOLPs will be the same size, so they all fit nicely in the lanyard wallets. I tended to put two FOLPs back to back in the same wallet, mine with my 9 year old's, and DH's with the my older DS as they went on most rides together, then I'd clip both wallets to the same lanyard. That way I didn't have to worry about either of the boys losing theirs, and could just detach DH's if him and Adam wanted to go off on something together
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 15, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida again
Apprentice Imagineer

Lovely - thanks for the replies. Are the fotp tickets the same size?
I've never purchased one but did find and hand one in, at FJ and it was similar size (credit card size) that was Dec/Jan 2013/14.

Our DIBBcast trip reveal video http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=758645
Florida again is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 15, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Photo copy and laminate the picture page of your pass port don't laminate the park tickets they go black and you'll get passes from the hotel with your picture on for FOLP so don't worry about lanyards
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 15, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Photo copy and laminate the picture page of your pass port don't laminate the park tickets they go black and you'll get passes from the hotel with your picture on for FOLP so don't worry about lanyards
Thanks-I assume you have to show the fotp at every ride? If so, is it worth getting a lanyard rather than have to get the pass out of your bag constantly.
Five weeks to go and I'm getting into full on planning and over thinking mode!
Old 8 Jul 15, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Thanks-I assume you have to show the fotp at every ride? If so, is it worth getting a lanyard rather than have to get the pass out of your bag constantly.
Five weeks to go and I'm getting into full on planning and over thinking mode!
Definitely worth getting one, see my post above - you might have missed it

What date do you check into RPR? We might see you there
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 15, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

[QUOTE=JoJo88;10807358]Definitely worth getting one, see my post above - you might have missed it

What date do you check into RPR? We might see you there [/QUOTE

Brilliant idea about putting two back to back, which i'll be using Thanks. The last time we went I didn't get the lanyards and it was a royal pain in the you know what, getting the passes out all the time,lol.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread