Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Dec 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I had this problem too, bought Ascics running jacket from Miami, got back to UK still had tag on 🙄😭tweeted them & they said to go to Braintree shop about an hour away, went to a Dorothy Perkins shop in town instead showed him my receipt done in 5 seconds 🙌
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

This has happened to us a few times. We have got home and the tag has still been on items. I just cut it off with plyers.

Good luck op hope you got it sorted.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I bought a bottle of advocaat in Tesco last week and realised when I got home that it still had the security tag on it (that obviously didn’t go off )
Luckily I could still get the lid off or I would’ve been very unhappy not being able to have a snowball!😆
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
I thought the idea of the tags was so that an alarm would go off when leaving a shop to prevent shoplifting!
So clearly their system was ineffective
I always thought that to, until I had the same happen in Birmingham a few years ago. The thing was it triggered the alarms in almost every shop I went on the way in and out. It was only when I got stopped by security who waved each bag through the exit to find the culprit that we found it, attached to an item from the first shop we’d been in. Even he said it shouldn’t trigger other stores alarms. Went back to the shop and on the way in decided to see if it would go off, you guessed it, no sound at all.
Told the manager it triggered alarms in other stores but not theirs and she pretty much told me it couldn’t be their item, until I got it out the bag and showed her.
To be fair when I explained a security guard in another store had stopped and searched my bags as a result she gave me a £5 voucher 😀
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Back in the early 90s I worked in the designer room of a department store in Regent Street in London. If a customer rang to say a tag had been left on a garment, whoever sold it had to personally travel to their home to remove the tag, at our own expense. As people travelled from all over to shop, not necessarily London, it REALLY concentrated your mind when packing an item!
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We returned from New York yesterday,as I was packing noticed DH new Tommy Hilfiger Jean's had tag still attached,we had a mad dash on subway to Macys dragging 3 kids in the snow to take them back before going to airport I was fuming.