Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 7 Nov 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by juliab View Post
Sounds like a really chilled and relaxed day.
Shame about your evening meal but the views of the sunset looked amazing.
It was lovely to have a day of not doing a lot and just chilling plus seeing the sunset was a perfect way to end it

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day! Shame about Ruby's what a disappointment!
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jakes Mom View Post
Another great day! Shame about Ruby's what a disappointment!
Thank you. It was a real shame as it has great potential to be a great restaurant. I suppose they know they'll get the custom regardless!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

So nice to have a chilled out day sometimes. Lovely stroll into Oceanside in the afternoon. Beautiful sunset views at dinner, it's a shame the food at Ruby's let the evening down.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
So nice to have a chilled out day sometimes. Lovely stroll into Oceanside in the afternoon. Beautiful sunset views at dinner, it's a shame the food at Ruby's let the evening down.
So sorry Linda, I have only just seen that you have commented!
We had a lovely chilled day, it was certainly needed.
I'm a sucker for a good sunset so was very happy to get a great one from the pier, made up for the fact dinner wasn't great!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The whole area looks great, some fab photos. What a shame Ruby’s was disappointing-drinks on the balcony sound a perfect end to your day!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hopefully the sunset more than made up for the average food. They have some weird liquor laws in the US. We did a road trip from Boston up and through Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont and we stopped at a Walmart in Massachusetts and there was no alcohol I honestly walked up and down the aisles several times, then gave up and asked a staff member. They were apparently not able to sell alcohol and we had to go to a dedicated liquor store to buy it. We have the same laws in Australia but we have ‘drive through bottleo’s, basically a big warehouse with fridges running down both interior walls and you drive your car through the middle and a staff member brings the alcohol to you! a nice chilled out day for you all
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
The whole area looks great, some fab photos. What a shame Ruby’s was disappointing-drinks on the balcony sound a perfect end to your day!
Thank you. It was a really disappointing dinner, especially for the price but the sunset more than made up for it.
It really was the perfect end

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 22 Feb 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Hopefully the sunset more than made up for the average food. They have some weird liquor laws in the US. We did a road trip from Boston up and through Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont and we stopped at a Walmart in Massachusetts and there was no alcohol I honestly walked up and down the aisles several times, then gave up and asked a staff member. They were apparently not able to sell alcohol and we had to go to a dedicated liquor store to buy it. We have the same laws in Australia but we have ‘drive through bottleo’s, basically a big warehouse with fridges running down both interior walls and you drive your car through the middle and a staff member brings the alcohol to you! a nice chilled out day for you all
We couldn't believe they didn't sell spirits, it never occurred to me that it was a separate license. That's crazy Walmart didn't sell any at all! I've always seen beer and wine then if you want anything stronger you need to go to a separate store but you can but a shotgun...
A drive through off licence, that's a genius idea

IG - alicialanesmith