Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Nov 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Adding or removing people from Disney booking

We are hoping that free dining is available for 2021 and if so we will be booking for the September. There will be the 2 of us definitely but DS is currently 18 and unsure if he will want to go. If we booked in April would it be better to book for 2 and add DS later if he decided to go or book for 3 and remove him if he changed his mind?
He will have to decide by the time it comes to booking flights but I really don’t want to wait that long to book the Disney part and would rather get that booked as soon as they are released.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
baggies
Very Serious Dibber

baggies's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Book 2 and add definitely.

In fact I always book 1 if flights are not an option just in case i have to cancel, once flights a booked I add the names ... 1 person for a 2 bedroom villa did feel excessive
Oct 2005 DLP Newport Bay Hotel
May 2004 i-Drive, Oct 1995 i-Drive
baggies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by baggies View Post
Book 2 and add definitely.

In fact I always book 1 if flights are not an option just in case i have to cancel, once flights a booked I add the names ... 1 person for a 2 bedroom villa did feel excessive
Brilliant, thanks. That’s what I was thinking would probably be best but wanted to check!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

I'm in the same position - want to think about 2021 but ds1 not sure if he will come as he will just have finished his first year at university. We are a family of 5 so booking for 4 and adding a fifth may be a little harder to do.

What do people recommend?
jndt is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jdndt View Post
I'm in the same position - want to think about 2021 but ds1 not sure if he will come as he will just have finished his first year at university. We are a family of 5 so booking for 4 and adding a fifth may be a little harder to do.

I'd probably consider booking 2 rooms in that situation, with 1 person assigned to the 2nd room, if the 5th person doesn't come, you cancel that room.
Old 30 Nov 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

You could book a resort which has rooms which sleep 5 people.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
We are hoping that free dining is available for 2021 and if so we will be booking for the September. There will be the 2 of us definitely but DS is currently 18 and unsure if he will want to go. If we booked in April would it be better to book for 2 and add DS later if he decided to go or book for 3 and remove him if he changed his mind?
He will have to decide by the time it comes to booking flights but I really don’t want to wait that long to book the Disney part and would rather get that booked as soon as they are released.
I’d book for two and add in your case, if you remove someone you will be charged as your overall cost would go down (because of one less ticket).

If you want to only get one room, I think you need to book for all five at the beginning, because you would need to get a room configured for five, not all will be. I for example have never had a room that could be set up for five.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List