Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Dec 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyM
Getting Excited

Mobile

I originally booked indirect flight from London to Tampa with Travelbag . Had a choice of 2 hr or 4hr lay over. Deceived to play it safe and went for 4hr. Then I had notification from United Airlines of changes of time to both flights which meant nearly a 7hr layover. I spoke to Travelbag and asked them to communicate with the airline and request if we change to an earlier second flight which meant only a 4hr layover agin. travelbag told us they would speak to the airlines and after several follow emails they eventually told us that United couldn’t change the flight. I found this odd, especially as the earlier flight had plenty is seats. I was expecting Travelbag to at least come back with - yes, United will change flights for a cost. But that wasn’t even and offer it was a straight no. Not convinced they had spoken to United I messaged United myself through direct message on Twitter. I had the most amazing guy ever responding to my messages in a matter of minutes. He changed my second flight to an earlier one with no problems at all, all free of charge. So even though I booked them rough travelbag, communicating directly with the airplane proved a success.
Old 4 Dec 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post

I've had the same for CWL-AMS-MCO for September. i initially tweeted Air France who i booked through and they said it was enough time and they wouldnt move us to the earlier flight out of Cardiff. reading comments on here i thought id call them so did that yesterday and they moved us to the 6.05am flight. v early start and a longer layover but means we should be fine for our connection now without stressing. the email we got from delta said if you're not happy with connection times due to teh change to call whoever you booked through and air france on the phone confirmed as it was an airline change we could have the free change.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List