Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Dec 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
On the point of delivery firms, we had Yodel just say they couldn't find our house as we sat and watch them drive in to our neighbours drive and turn around and drive off.
We were sat in my husband's office at 9pm waiting for a delivery that Yodel didn't deliver the day before as promised, then were supposed to deliver by 4pm the next day. The guy never even bothered coming, we were watching the status and it changed to 'sorry I missed you' while we were stood there waiting. Livid doesn't cover it!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Obviously was way behind with his schedule and would miss his target.

I signed a petition today objecting to the way Amazon treats the workers
Old 4 Dec 19, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’m waiting for a superdry parcel from Hermes, I ordered another after and it turned up today but not the one I ordered first!
Old 4 Dec 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
borntoshop
Imagineer

Mobile

Two of my parcels were saying delivered last Monday and Tuesday by Hermes. 6 parcels eventually turned up last Thursday but I've raised a complaint with company I ordered from as well.
Nov/Dec 03-Orlando Villa/DLP Sept 04-Greece Nov/Dec 05-Orlando Villa 2007-New Hampshire ski-ing Orlando BWL & Villa 25 Dec 08 Florida New York 2010 New Hampshire 2011 New Hampshire 2012 Florida 2013 North Conway Christmas 2014
borntoshop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

You couldn't make it up!

Hermes actually left a parcel on my door step yesterday. I opened it up and the item is faulty. However, Amazon can't help me as the Hermes driver has marked the item "unable to deliver"! It's a low cost item, but a PITA nonetheless. I will wait and see what happens
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Our usual local Hermes delivery guy actually sends a picture of himself when he sends the time out and always turns up whereas the temporary delivery guys don't even bother trying to deliver. Our local guy is always getting complaints from his regular customers about it, including us when we had 2 items ordered from tbe same shop 2 days a part and the latter one turned up 2 days before the earlier ordered one,. The only difference, the first parcel to arrive was delivered by our regular guy.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

I'm writing on a Nike order from DPD which has been saying out for delivery for 4 days now. When I click on 'where has my item been' its doesn't even say driver has item, so how can it be out for delivery. Contacted Nike who say it can take 5-7 working days for it to be escalated. I bought in sale so no doubt I'll get a refund and item will be more expensive now.
minimum77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hermes have outdone themselves they have sent the parcel back to the sender after “Three failed deliveries”

All of these were before yesterday when they said they’d deliver it today. One was the day it was “posted”

Hope they make it back to the seller. I’d pay extra for Royal Mail.

Darkwing Duck on the other hand has made it all the way from Australia and it waiting safely at my local Royal Mail Office for collection
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Most of the problems at this time of the year is that the temps cannot be bothered to do their jobs properly. We had our Yodel parcel delivered today by our usual guy. He seemed quite shocked when we told him the other guy was literally 10 ft from our door and still couldn't find our house...

Edited at 08:32 PM.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
UPDATE

Actually Hermes haven’t lost the parcel they’ve lost the click and collect store i selected!

This was an EBay purchase and like you I always do click and collect

The seller contacted Hermes. Apparently they couldn’t find Sainsbury’s. I’m not so sure as they only today after the seller contacted the contacted me to “clarify delivery details”

It’s not a Sainsbury’s Local either it’s pretty big!
We had something similar once with an Amazon delivery (this was last year, I think). DW had selected 'click and collect' to have the parcel delivered to a nearby Morrisons that was open 24-hours a day (except on Sundays, of course). A few days later the order was updated to say that the parcel could not be delivered because they couldn't gain access to the property (?!). We asked them to try again a couple of times over a couple of days and each time they were adamant that they couldn't deliver the parcel. Eventually on the fourth attempt they did manage to deliver it and we picked it up from the desk at Morrisons a day or so later.

To this day, I still don't know what the problem was on the first 3 attempts. My only guess is that there was no one at the customer service desk when they arrived to drop off the parcel and they couldn't be bothered to wait 5 minutes for someone to arrive. Either that, or they couldn't find the entrance to the store?

Oh and last week, apparently an item on Amazon that my wife ordered (my Christmas pressie!) was delivered and "handed to the resident". No one at my house has any knowledge of receiving it and it's not been left with a neighbour or anywhere outside our house (as far as we can tell). So we raised an issue with Amazon and got a refund. I'm not sure what happened to it?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 04:48 PM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List