Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Nov 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by caj View Post
Better than jumping straight into a 'full on' relationship!
Very true.
They are both very quiet & shy so they might just be friends for a long time lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
DH and I were just friends for years we went to school dances the cinemas etc together then we both went separate ways for a bit
We've just celebrated our 37th wedding anniversary
Yes we did give small token gifts at Christmas and birthdays
That’s lovely. I wasted my youth on idiots to be honest, jumped straight in for the charm, looks & body.
I did not meet my sensible husband until I was 25, 21 years later we are still together 💕
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I think it is really sensible. Agree with Gryff that it’s not that new a thing either. We were friends some time before we actually went out as a couple and that is over 30 years ago. Maybe if couples were friends first there would not be quite so much relationship hopping.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

My late MIL didn't give us a year at most when we got married
We are at times complete opposites but pull together when we have too share moments that are just ours
But put us on a plane together major disaster looms
How we are going to survive 5 flight together next year on one trip wevenot booked seat in the hope we are at opposite ends of business class on each
If we don't sit together we are fine as soon as we get off 37 years on we know what works
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

Well just checked with my daughter the present thing for “friends”
She said... of course I will be getting him a gift. But never said what type of gift.
They have been in the same friendship group for around a year, they have had a special little friendship since September!
So yes they give a gift! But wouldn’t offer an idea!
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

My DD is 17. Never properly had a boyfriend/girlfriend. Said she’s too busy. She is quiet but seems happy... it’s s minefield I dare not enter. Know she would talk to me if she wanted to...
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
My daughters 21 now but she knew her boyfriend as a friend for a while before they started going out with each other... five years later they are still going strong and make a lovely couple 🥰🥰
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
My daughter is in 6th form & 16. Never had a boyfriend, never been interested before but she now has a ‘friend’
Her best friend is a boy who she dances with and gone all through school with but this new friend is a ‘friend’. They have been to the cinema a few times and she went to his house and met his parents on Monday.
this sounds like me 25 years ago!

(apart from the "not interested part" i was just a bit shy. but i overcame it by becoming friends with girls first, and i'm still friends with a lot of the girls i first met back when i was in my late teens. we had dinner with female friends i met back when i was 17 the last two nights!)
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

How things have changed. I met my OH the day I moved to University and I think we both just immediately 'knew'. We gravitated towards each other and haven't left each other's side since - 10 years later and we are more in love than ever. I met him when I was 18 and he was 20.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Excited about Disney

I find this interesting as my DD will be 16 in January & she hasn’t had a boyfriend so far. I like the idea of the ‘friend’ stage.
MaryMendes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List